Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are the major challenges faced by the students of present generation?
What are the major challenges faced by the students of present generation?
Today,our education system have undergone several changes.Many of them are revolutionary. They include online learning,smart classrooms,using visual aids for tutoring etc.Still our system rely on certain conventional practices of education.One among them is writing skill. In the world of technology our education system gives much importance to the writing skills. The writing assignments and other works given to the students heave deprived them having leisure times.
Here are some academic pressures faced by the students:

1.Pressure to complete huge workload on time.They always struggle to meet the deadlines of their assignment submission.
2.Fear of getting poor Grades. They always carry thoughts like what if I fail, how could I face my parents, what will be my future etc.This have resulted in heavy mental pressure.
3.Students are very competitive minded. This is actually a good thing if it is taken in the right sense. But most of the students compete with their classmates like rivals. They are ready to undertake whatever measure to defeat their opponent.
4.Other factors like parental pressures, worries about future etc. have made the minds of students, a pressure cooker.
RE: What are the major challenges faced by the students of present generation?
One major challenge in the US is to not get killed at school it seems.

Jennie, how about going to the introductions category and posting a little intro about yourself so we'll have a better idea of who we're talking to and to welcome you properly.
Welcome, btw.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
5.  Convincing Janine Snugbum to go to prom with you.

6. How to get a second locker to hide your on-campus weed.

7.  Hacking the system so you and your mates can  crash a parade and get everyone in Chicago to sing 'Twist and Shout'.

8.  Learn about Cuba while eating pizza.

Tough to be a kid these days.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Higher education requires hard work and dedication, well who would have thought it.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
(May 19, 2018 at 3:31 am)Jennie M. Marble Wrote: Today,our education system have undergone several changes.Many of them are revolutionary. They include online learning,smart classrooms,using visual aids for tutoring etc.Still our system rely on certain conventional practices of education.One among them is writing skill. In the world of technology our education system gives much importance to the writing skills. The writing assignments and other works given to the students heave deprived them having leisure times.

1.Pressure to complete huge workload on time.They always struggle to meet the deadlines of their assignment submission.
2.Fear of getting poor Grades. They always carry thoughts like what if I fail, how could I face my parents, what will be my future etc.This have resulted in heavy mental pressure.
3.Students are very competitive minded. This is actually a good thing if it is taken in the right sense. But most of the students compete with their classmates like rivals. They are ready to undertake whatever measure to defeat their opponent.
4.Other factors like parental pressures, worries about future etc. have made the minds of students, a pressure cooker.

This is a strange first post. Makes me wonder if it's a bot given the spelling/grammar/punctuation. Anyway...

1. Students always struggle with deadlines? Really? And is the workload actually huge? Show your work.
2. And? This has always been part of the school experience. Learning coping skills in the face of failure is a good thing.
3. Really? Where's your data showing the number of students who view their classmates as rivals?
4. A pressure cooker? Really?

Lots of assertions, no proof.
Same as the olden days, how to get laid.

Are you practicing your writing skills on us?

I give you a C+.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(May 19, 2018 at 3:31 am)Jennie M. Marble Wrote: Today,our education system have undergone several changes.Many of them are revolutionary. They include online learning,smart classrooms,using visual aids for tutoring etc.Still our system rely on certain conventional practices of education.One among them is writing skill. In the world of technology our education system gives much importance to the writing skills. The writing assignments and other works given to the students heave deprived them having leisure times.

This is nothing new in the world, these things have been with mankind in some fashion for thousands of years. The people of the past have always dealt with them and done well, kids today need to suck it up and grow up.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Yes, and?
The educational system in the US is moribund.  And it is largely a self-inflicted wound.  Too much hidebound bureaucracy with an emphasis on process rather than the result.  As is indicated in the other thread on this issue far too many people, especially parents and business leaders, see education as job training only and those jobs may not exist in ten more years. 

I can't comment on the amount of work they have to do.  I graduated from college in 1971 and things have changed.  But a good friend went back to school starting around 2004 and it seemed to me that she had a completely different experience than I did.  She had to read 3 books for an English class and do a paper.  My last English class required a book a week and a paper. 

Welcome, btw.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Major calendar reform needed. Gawdzilla Sama 5 780 January 9, 2021 at 11:41 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What are the major qualities you like in a person and in what order? Edwardo Piet 31 5390 April 28, 2018 at 12:23 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Birthday gift for someone who says they don't want a present. paulpablo 26 4091 April 26, 2017 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Wink A good major or not?? Nishravi98 15 1859 April 14, 2015 at 8:39 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Help with apple product - Ipod nano 7th generation Dystopia 2 1110 August 25, 2014 at 8:43 am
Last Post: Endo
  I present to you all... A new level of stupid. SavageNerdz 0 817 March 27, 2014 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: SavageNerdz
  Help me decide on a major AtheistCreed 49 8636 September 25, 2013 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: AtheistCreed
Star GENERATION ONE: THE ACTIVATION - Let's Create a New Era Together! luckyvn 6 2460 June 30, 2013 at 9:04 pm
Last Post: Tartarus Sauce
  "I present to you the Relationship Agreement" Macky Avelli 8 3398 April 22, 2013 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: Violet
  The Severely Limited Vocabulary of the Current Generation RonaldReagansGhost666 38 11579 March 21, 2013 at 2:39 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko