Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did They Not Pray Hard Enough
Did They Not Pray Hard Enough
or, is "god" just fucking with them?

http://apnews.excite.com/article/2013072...J2CG0.html

Quote: INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - The youth pastor of an Indianapolis church and his pregnant wife were among the three dead in this weekend's bus crash, a church leader said Sunday.

Youth pastor Chad Phelps and his wife, Courtney Phelps, were expecting their second child next month, Colonial Hills Baptist Church deacon Jeff Leffew said at a news conference. Chad Phelps is the son of the church's main pastor, Charles Phelps.

Tonya Weindorf, a mother of five who was a chaperone on the trip to the northern Michigan youth camp, also died, Leffew said.

"Our church grieves now. We grieve the fact that they're not here now. We miss them," Leffew said.

Most likely just bad brakes and no one's idea of a "god" had anything to do with it.
RE: Did They Not Pray Hard Enough
I guess this time the prayers of the dead soldiers families have been heard.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
Dead soldiers' families pray for bus crashes?
To pray for someone's death is sad and pathetic. Why would you pray for bus crashes? This is why I can never understand religions retards!
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
I think he is confusing them with Fred Phelps - the widely acclaimed and much beloved pastor of Westboro Baptist. Any relation, btw?
I was just wondering if there was a connection, as well. Either way, no big loss.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
As baptists go the WBC is about the worst of the lot.

But the rest are no bargain, either.
Prayer is not a formal wishing ceremony. It's not a way for Christians to change their lots in life, and it is certainly not a way to change the mind of God. Prayer is a tool used to change the mind of the one who is praying to seek and accept God's will and to make it their own.
Of course, that must be according to the Gospel of Drippy because matt. 21:21 says:

Quote:21 And Jesus answered them, “Truly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what has been done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ it will happen. 22 And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.”

So, I guess their "faith" was of the shitty kind, eh?

Of course, while we are on the subject, maybe you can explain this little tidbit from Luke 11:11.

Quote:11 One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples said to him, “Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples.”

Who, exactly was "jesus" praying to? After all, you guys maintain that he and "god" are one in the same. Should a god talk to himself?
(July 28, 2013 at 8:28 pm)Maelstrom Wrote: I was just wondering if there was a connection, as well. Either way, no big loss.

What kind of person are you, the death of these individuals is tragic.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why did Jesus suffer for sinners and not victims zwanzig 177 19194 June 9, 2021 at 11:14 am
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
  Christians pray evil away on the winter solstice. brewer 9 1007 December 29, 2020 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Xtians tried to pray Irma away drfuzzy 11 2424 September 12, 2017 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Why would this be so hard to have done? Astonished 25 8396 July 1, 2017 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Jesus did not rise from the dead -- My debate opening statement. Jehanne 155 23952 January 21, 2017 at 1:28 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  How does "Science prove that the miracles of the Bible did not happen" ? Emzap 62 11249 November 4, 2016 at 2:05 am
Last Post: dyresand
  If they found Jesus' turd what would they do with it? Fake Messiah 64 7080 August 26, 2016 at 4:40 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Not enough to do anything about it, though. Minimalist 8 1482 May 31, 2016 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Jehovah's Witnesses 'did not report 1,000 abusers zebo-the-fat 22 5316 July 29, 2015 at 5:03 am
Last Post: robvalue
  How to prove Christianity is right without trying very hard Dystopia 6 3721 July 15, 2015 at 5:01 am
Last Post: Excited Penguin