Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 4:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Temple of Set
Temple of Set
Temple of Set

Currently I'm unofficially affiliated as dues are eighty bucks a year, that'll get fixed once I got the extra scratch.

The purpose of this thread is to get some atheists opinion on this - from the website, the neter Set, Left-Hand path - any and all of that.

I'm atheist - I don't see that changing - if I must use my faith to fix the world, better Set than me - which is, of course; an absolute worse case scenario.

When I say faith, I mean sincerity; I use the term in place of the verb "to believe" as I do not like the weakness of the verb, and there ain't jack shit passive about my faith.

Faith in Set is simply a contention that my naive philosophy is congruent with a hidden trend in history. Last thing I want to do is start a religion; but if that's what it takes to prevent the sheep from staging an Armageddon for their glorification, we are up to the task.

As for the words used in the above link; feel free to translate "magic" into amateur science, primitive psychology, or witchcraft. I'm a witch, I can do impossible shit, I got witnesses; but it is no big fucking deal. I am far more interested in the science behind the sorcery than turning myself into a carnival act.

So, anybody who desires to contribute - does this look like a religion to you? Is this a philosophy to which you can relate? Hit me with it. Wink
[Image: twQdxWW.jpg]
RE: Temple of Set
Looks like a watered down OTO. Or a pop culture version of Golden Dawn. I'd pay them fees if they promised to stop peddling bullshit. Magic is magic, it is not science or psychology. You can't do impossible things, you have no witnesses to impossible things, and there is nothing "behind" sorcery, except...a carnival act.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(December 15, 2011 at 9:56 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Looks like a watered down OTO. Or a pop culture version of Golden Dawn. I'd pay them fees if they promised to stop peddling bullshit. Magic is magic, it is not science or psychology. You can't do impossible things, you have no witnesses to impossible things, and there is nothing "behind" sorcery, except...a carnival act.

I don't know where your hostility comes from, but I appreciate your skepticism.
Meh, I spent a lot of time diving into OTO and Golden Dawn, biographies of the notables etc, and at the end of the rabbit hole I realized it was just a bunch of well to do-s playing dress up. Wasn't expecting to find the supernatural, but I hoped that they at least used the supernatural as a sort of placeholder for a workable path to self awareness or self improvement. Me hostile is me with a weapon, I'm just keeping the ceiling of sanity on the conversation at this point..hehehe. You know what I think keeps things like this alive? The artwork. They have such a rich body of symbols and sigils to fill books with. I never get tired of those. Eighty some odd bucks a pop though? Well now they're just mugging people, I am feeling a little hostile about that.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Thank you. And if I misinterpreted you, I apologize. Just now dtango called you friend; which was good enough for me to reverse direction with my previous considerations of your character. Ooops. Wink

For the record, I am clinically insane and officially disabled because of it; which only means I have a non-standard brain, that works in non-standard ways. Whether or not I'm seeing anything in this is for history to decide.

But witchcraft? Ballpoint pen, napkin, fifteen minutes; that's the portfolio of the artist ellenjanuary. That shit is kinda witchy, no? Wink

There ain't no other magic I'm here fronting. The eighty bucks is a year's membership dues - all religions have that kinda shit going on. Me giving them a week's income is a long term strategy.

Now that we got past the flaw in my impression of you; I got no problem telling you I actually agree with you like 100% when it comes to, what I call, psychics. From my experience, a witch is an extremely rare thing - I've met two others in my life - and the thing we do that the psychics fail to do is keep our heads down and not exploit our knowledge for personal gain. The only reason my head is up now is I'm packing hypotheses with science out the yang. This is not to validate anything but my own integrity; does not offend me in the least if Temple of Set is found to be offensive to my fellow atheists.

But ya don't know until you ask. Wink
DTango may have been pulling out that dry wit. I like to give him shit for his theories. I doubt that anything would be offensive to atheists as a whole. It's a big village. I agree that a witch is an extremely rare thing. They've never been shown to actually exist. Smile What we have are stories and fairy tales, people who like to throw on cloaks and point knives at the ground, but no one casting spells in actuality. Psychics are in a similar situation.
(December 16, 2011 at 4:06 am)houseofcantor Wrote: For the record, I am clinically insane

You would have to be to give money to anything with the word "Temple" in its name.
(December 16, 2011 at 1:27 pm)Shell B Wrote:
(December 16, 2011 at 4:06 am)houseofcantor Wrote: For the record, I am clinically insane

You would have to be to give money to anything with the word "Temple" in its name.

Worship
(December 16, 2011 at 1:00 pm)Rhythm Wrote: I doubt that anything would be offensive to atheists as a whole. It's a big village. I agree that a witch is an extremely rare thing. They've never been shown to actually exist. Smile

Burning of the Witches. Which is this witch trying to start some shit, gather together some witches this time next year in Salem, to burn some Christians for what they did to Hitch today. Problem with being insane is the inability to simulate future in my mind; my solution is the simplest one possible. There is no future. Wink

However, that blog post is part of the long-term strategy. I can do long-term strategic planning. I'm surprised you guys don't do emergence. The universe created itself from nothing from the beginning of this thread to now, as everything is surely not as it was.

If it is relevant, I can provide a version of quantum theory to verify what I just said. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Temple to Norse Gods in 1,000 years to be built in Iceland Schwa 10 2719 February 4, 2015 at 1:05 am
Last Post: Alex K
  A new set of commandments... lifesagift 20 3162 November 20, 2014 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  Location of the Herodian Temple A_Nony_Mouse 2 1980 May 2, 2013 at 11:06 pm
Last Post: A_Nony_Mouse
  Living Nativity Set - Home Edition Rokcet Scientist 0 1392 August 21, 2011 at 4:53 pm
Last Post: Rokcet Scientist