Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 10:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new set of commandments...
A new set of commandments...
I want to compile a new set of commandments, or rules for all to live by, suitable for the world as it is today. Any thoughts? I don't need to stop at 10 if they're valid..

so some ideas...

- look at and respect others as you would have them see you

- the right to criticise ideas not people

- love your god, but accept others may not

- bring children into this world, not into your faith. They may join your faith when they're old enough to choose.

- a multifaith world needs a secular arbiter

- violence is the LAST resort.

- your neighbour doesn't need to be your friend, but more importantly doesn't need to be put in the handcuffs of your beliefs !
RE: A new set of commandments...
Treat others as you'd wish to be treated.

Don't be a douche.
Dying to live, living to die.
I don't really get along with "commandments" very well.

Advice is appreciated. Orders aren't.

(November 19, 2014 at 4:44 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I don't really get along with "commandments" very well.

Ok chill, more a good citizens guide then, or a UN charter... call it what you will, but the embryo of a new world order say..?
commandments do not work in any sense theists break those regularly especially those who are in jail now or about to go to jail.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
I'm still waiting for the christers to realize their big guy, that Christ dude, deleted half of the 'classic' 10.

Panic
(November 19, 2014 at 4:47 pm)lifesagift Wrote:
(November 19, 2014 at 4:44 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I don't really get along with "commandments" very well.

Ok chill, more a good citizens guide then, or a UN charter... call it what you will, but the embryo of a new world order say..?

I'm not trippin'.

But for my money, the Golden Rule covers a hell of a lot of ground, with admirably few words.

'1. Thou shalt be honest and faithful to the provider of thy nookie.

'2. Try not to kill anyone.

'3. Thou shall keep thy religion to thyself.' - George Carlin

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I live my life according to a modified version of the Wil Wheaton code: try not to be a dick.

It's served me well so far.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
And why should I obey any of the commandments you propose?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why did God give commandments to Jews? Fake Messiah 12 870 August 11, 2022 at 10:10 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Baphomet more American than 10 Commandments Foxaèr 13 1445 August 22, 2018 at 9:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Ten commandments! BlackSwordsman 18 4796 May 30, 2014 at 9:10 am
Last Post: BlackSwordsman
  Theists: Precedence of Commandments MindForgedManacle 7 3214 September 15, 2013 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: InevitableCheese
  Temple of Set houseofcantor 7 2576 December 16, 2011 at 1:47 pm
Last Post: houseofcantor
  Living Nativity Set - Home Edition Rokcet Scientist 0 1392 August 21, 2011 at 4:53 pm
Last Post: Rokcet Scientist
  The New Commandments? Mr Camel 3 1683 July 24, 2010 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: chasm