Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 9:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UK to leave EU
RE: UK to leave EU
(June 24, 2016 at 12:21 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Yup, it's our faults.  Can you see us from where you are, way up there on your high horse?

Well if what is discussed is the example and not the issue being raised ... yep
Religion is the top shelf of the supernatural supermarket ... Madog
(June 24, 2016 at 12:20 pm)madog Wrote: I am used to the pack mentality, where the issue is ignored .... But such is life ....

So the real issue surrounding the UK leaving the EU is...vaping adverts? Wut
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Nah. It's that we fucked ourselves in the ass Hehe
(June 24, 2016 at 12:26 pm)Alasdair Ham Wrote: Nah. It's that we fucked ourselves in the ass Hehe

And the politicians will serve you a second helping, after the global market is done with the UK.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(June 24, 2016 at 12:22 pm)Mathilda Wrote: I don't mean this as an insult but I think you'll do well in England.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with this. Don't worry I didn't take it as an insult or anything. I'm quite Scottish, but just believe in remaining in the UK and label myself as British and Scottish.

Believe it or not, I don't have much in common with the English. I'm as Glaswegian as can be. Confusing I know.

(June 24, 2016 at 12:22 pm)Mathilda Wrote: We each need to be the person we are, not an accident of birth. I think that we can both agree on that.

Indeed.
(June 24, 2016 at 12:24 pm)Losty Wrote:
(June 24, 2016 at 12:20 pm)madog Wrote: I am used to the pack mentality, where the issue is ignored .... But such is life ....

Great Britain:  Another smoking-related death!
(June 24, 2016 at 12:21 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Yup, it's our faults.  Can you see us from where you are, way up there on your high horse?

[Image: tin_foil_hat-218x300.gif]
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(June 24, 2016 at 11:59 am)Losty Wrote: At this point in politics I think I'd be happiest if I just become a Scottish citizen and voted for independence and rejoining the EU. Haha. Hey Bella, you'd looove South Georgia, wanna trade citizenships?

Get your arse over here. We'll hook you up with a man that looks good in a kilt. Your separatist tendencies will be appreciated. There's an unstated understanding between women who have come up to Scotland and shacked up with a Scotsman.
(June 24, 2016 at 12:24 pm)Losty Wrote:

No, the first advertising ban on a device and any of it components that has other uses .... The tobacco ban is against tobacco, not the devices or components that can be used to smoke ....

Note Tobacco was banned on "Established" grounds 

Nicotine was banned on disputed facts  .... not "Established"

E cigarettes and their components are products that have not, nor can not, be shown to be a health risk without adding other substances ...

Note I am concerned about the advertising ban, not the other aspects of the directives that led to the legislation ...

But knocking someone without investigating the facts is the slippery slope ....

Once one product/device/idea/ can be banned from promotion is accepted without "Established" grounds what is next?
Religion is the top shelf of the supernatural supermarket ... Madog
(June 24, 2016 at 12:32 pm)madog Wrote:
(June 24, 2016 at 12:24 pm)Losty Wrote: So the real issue surrounding the UK leaving the EU is...vaping adverts? Wut

No, the first advertising ban on a device and any of it components that has other uses .... The tobacco ban is against tobacco, not the devices or components that can be used to smoke ....

Note Tobacco was banned on "Established" grounds 

Nicotine was banned on disputed facts  .... not "Established"

E cigarettes and their components are products that have not nor can be shown to be a health risk without adding other substances ...

Note I am concerned about the advertising ban, not the other aspects of the directives that led to the legislation ...

But knocking someone without investigating the facts is the slippery slope ....

Once one product/device/idea/ can be banned from promotion as is accepted without "Established" grounds what is next?

I don't really get it. Are you saying that along with leaving the EA there's a sneaky amendment in the same referendum that calls for the banning of certain adverts?
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Let's talk Parental Leave Cecelia 10 1062 October 17, 2021 at 8:25 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  Scotland could leave the UK, and join Canada instead, says author Isis 21 7421 April 8, 2017 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Merkel will pay migrants to leave Germany account_inactive 26 4834 February 12, 2017 at 3:28 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Hey Tim. Leave The God Shit to the Repulbicunts Minimalist 12 2512 October 4, 2016 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  EU: Should the UK Leave or Stay? Napoléon 255 22235 May 4, 2016 at 4:00 am
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace
  Ben Carson Threatens to Leave GOP Minimalist 11 2072 December 11, 2015 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Far-right rioters leave trail of destruction in Polish capital kılıç_mehmet 39 8767 November 20, 2013 at 9:39 am
Last Post: EgoRaptor
  French troops to leave Afghanistan Something completely different 23 8439 November 20, 2012 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: Brakeman