Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 25, 2024, 2:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UK to leave EU
RE: UK to leave EU
Guy is from Moldavia, he has all that dracula folklore about him.
(June 29, 2016 at 4:01 pm)Rhythm Wrote: I don't know how you'd determine, on the basis of what you'd consider islamist tendencies...in conversation....whether or not you should be suspicious of a person.

Ask the average mom with her kids at walmart in any red state whether she thinks that gods laws should be the laws of the US and she'll stare at you blankly, as if they -already were-.  She's probably not there to buy materials for a pipe bomb, regardless.  If we could figure out who to worry about by just talking to them, this whole terrorist thing would be a non-issue.  We'd have the FBI setting up polite conversation booths on every street corner, and the military firing "hey, let's talk sometime" projectiles at suspected sponsors.

Your mom with her kids at walmart isn't likely to think and wish that gays and atheists should be murdered, women should be second-class citizens and that insulting her religion is a crime that justifiably calls for terrorist acts. 

There's no debating someone who is intentionally pulling the wool over their own eyes. That analogy is so ridiculous I shouldn't have even responded to it. Alas, I am always hopeful some glimmer of sincerity will shine through such obscure tactics of conversation.
(June 29, 2016 at 2:29 pm)abaris Wrote:
(June 29, 2016 at 2:26 pm)LastPoet Wrote: Speaking as the Portuguese guy earning 573 euros per month, I can't say my savings plummeted much. Damnit I am way underpaid for the responsability I hold...

Damnit, I move to Portugal. I must be king of the castle there with the pittance I earn. How do you manage to pull through. That sum barely covers my rent and energy costs.

408 pounds or 493.81 Euros per month for me Hehe
(June 29, 2016 at 2:29 pm)abaris Wrote: Damnit, I move to Portugal. I must be king of the castle there with the pittance I earn. How do you manage to pull through. That sum barely covers my rent and energy costs.

Gimnastics. All my savings are going into prehemptive diapers and stuff needed for my incoming daughter. The cost of living isn't much if you use math. Had to cut down on the beer and all.
(June 29, 2016 at 4:43 pm)LastPoet Wrote:
(June 29, 2016 at 2:29 pm)abaris Wrote: Damnit, I move to Portugal. I must be king of the castle there with the pittance I earn. How do you manage to pull through. That sum barely covers my rent and energy costs.

Gimnastics. All my savings are going into prehemptive diapers and stuff needed for my incoming daughter. The cost of living isn't much if you use math. Had to cut down on the beer and all.

Good thing you're not living in Lisbon...
No math could save you... The result would always be negative... :/
(June 29, 2016 at 4:34 pm)Alasdair Ham Wrote:

408 pounds or 493.81 Euros per month for me Hehe

I don't think that would rent a dumpster here.
(June 29, 2016 at 4:30 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: Your mom with her kids at walmart isn't likely to think and wish that gays and atheists should be murdered, women should be second-class citizens and that insulting her religion is a crime that justifiably calls for terrorist acts. 
We'd find plenty of muslims who don't think that either, but would respond in the affirmative when asked whether or not the laws of allah should be the laws of the US.

Quote:There's no debating someone who is intentionally pulling the wool over their own eyes. That analogy is so ridiculous I shouldn't have even responded to it. Alas, I am always hopeful some glimmer of sincerity will shine through such obscure tactics of conversation.

Right, because....it's not like people hold theocratic beliefs that they fail to act upon...be it the lady at the walmart or the man in the mosque...and every believer knows every jot and tittle of the laws they swear by faith to believe in. And ofc, as you've established...-you- have the magic key to sort all of that out by wording with them.

I stand wholly corrected, how could I have been so insincere and obfuscatory?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 29, 2016 at 4:12 pm)LastPoet Wrote: Guy is from Moldavia, he has all that dracula folklore about him.

That's Romanians, but ok. I see what you're doing and it's kind of sad that I have to repeat myself. Nationality or race isn't the same thing as religion. Nationality you're born to and can, at least partially, change over time in some cases, and isn't necessarily morally implicating. Race is simply something that stays with you forever no matter what you do, and is the least relevant of the three in evaluating a person's morality, obviously. Religion, sure, you're born and conditioned into, to varying degrees, and is in some cases tragically binding, and yet one doesn't simply turn the left cheek to an aggressor who could be personally absolved of any wrongdoing through one rationalization or another, to use an unfortunate analogy. One defends himself as best he can, but leaving the most damaging means of defence, of course, only for those occasions where all else has failed. Also, lack of free will notwithstanding, religion is, in a sense, the one characteristic of the three that is ultimately controlled by its subject. That is, while things like citizenship, race, sex, age and ethnicity aren't exactly things you can fault someone for or even find fault with, ideas can be, and as such should be sought out and properly scrutinized in certain situations(E.g. when state security is at stake).
(June 29, 2016 at 4:47 pm)pocaracas Wrote:
(June 29, 2016 at 4:43 pm)LastPoet Wrote: Gimnastics. All my savings are going into prehemptive diapers and stuff needed for my incoming daughter. The cost of living isn't much if you use math. Had to cut down on the beer and all.

Good thing you're not living in Lisbon...
No math could save you... The result would always be negative... :/

I am close enough to that old lady, but not that close. Yeah I kinda know its streets. I am a little above Malveira up the A8. Wild wild west Big Grin

Much quieter.
(June 29, 2016 at 4:43 pm)LastPoet Wrote: Had to cut down on the beer and all.

That's one of the last things I wanted to cut. Dangerous anesthetic in my case.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Let's talk Parental Leave Cecelia 10 1063 October 17, 2021 at 8:25 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  Scotland could leave the UK, and join Canada instead, says author Isis 21 7425 April 8, 2017 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Merkel will pay migrants to leave Germany account_inactive 26 4845 February 12, 2017 at 3:28 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Hey Tim. Leave The God Shit to the Repulbicunts Minimalist 12 2517 October 4, 2016 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  EU: Should the UK Leave or Stay? Napoléon 255 22267 May 4, 2016 at 4:00 am
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace
  Ben Carson Threatens to Leave GOP Minimalist 11 2075 December 11, 2015 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Far-right rioters leave trail of destruction in Polish capital kılıç_mehmet 39 8773 November 20, 2013 at 9:39 am
Last Post: EgoRaptor
  French troops to leave Afghanistan Something completely different 23 8444 November 20, 2012 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: Brakeman