Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 7:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] Peanut Gallery Commentary-and the drama over the nudity thread continues
RE: [split] Peanut Gallery Commentary-and the drama over the nudity thread continues
(July 6, 2016 at 3:38 am)Alasdair Ham Wrote:
(July 6, 2016 at 1:54 am)Alasdair Ham Wrote: There are also cinnamon grahams! I fucking love them too.

More on this point (I love saying that even when it makes no sense):

[Image: IDShot_540x540.jpg]

(July 6, 2016 at 1:56 am)Losty Wrote: I like Cinnamon Toast Crunch

We're talking about the same cereal! Big Grin

Wikipedia Wrote:Cinnamon Toast Crunch (Known as Croque-Cannelle in French Canada, Curiously Cinnamon in the UK (previously Cinnamon Grahams), and as a different-tasting but similar-looking variant called Cini Minis in other European countries where available), is a brand cereal produced by General Mills and Nestlé

(my bolding)

Big Grin

What you need is Rumchata.

Now THAT stuff is awesome. It is literally cinnamon toast crunch in liquefied form, with alcohol thrown in for good measure.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
RE: [split] Peanut Gallery Commentary-and the drama over the nudity thread continues
(July 6, 2016 at 5:21 am)robvalue Wrote: I'm saying you can't expect us to just act on every suggestion. Well you can expect that, but you'll be disappointed.

Well, of course.

I'm not saying you can't make suggestions.

(July 6, 2016 at 5:21 am)robvalue Wrote: This is so simple, I'm not understanding how there can be any confusion here.

Here's what you wrote:

(July 6, 2016 at 1:28 am)robvalue Wrote: We can't just have people telling us what the rules should be.

You can, and should, have people telling you what they think the rules should be, whether or not you agree with them.

(July 6, 2016 at 5:21 am)robvalue Wrote: And we have taken the suggestion, long ago, yet you're still complaining for some reason.

It's not me complaining, it's me making a point. There's a difference, and you're smart enough to see it. Are you being purposefully snarky here ("for some reason")? The reason is the words you yourself typed.

I took his post to mean we can't just have people telling us what the rules will be. Poor wording, I suppose.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
I think he meant "telling us" like "ordering us" meaning, we can take suggestions but whatever action we take needs to be accepted.
Goodnight all.
(July 6, 2016 at 3:01 pm)Alasdair Ham Wrote: Goodnight all.

Night, Hammy!
(July 6, 2016 at 2:50 pm)Losty Wrote: I took his post to mean we can't just have people telling us what the rules will be. Poor wording, I suppose.

Well, the only one who can tell us what the rules will be around here is Tibs. So far as I can see, there's no rule against us telling you what the rules should be. The Staff refuses her suggestion, obviously, and I have no prob with that. But this continued misprojection of what was being said is irksome. She was very plain-spoken about what she wanted, but obviously lacked the authority to "tell" anyone anything. By dint of the fact that she's a member and not the site owner, she doesn't have that sway. To gloss that over is in a sense a means of coloring the picture, and that's why I pointed it out to Rob.

Words have meanings. Rob is (perhaps unconsciously?) trying to eat his cake and have it too, by equivocating "tell" and "suggest". It's only fair to point that out.

(July 6, 2016 at 3:01 pm)Alasdair Ham Wrote: I think he meant "telling us" like "ordering us" meaning, we can take suggestions but whatever action we take needs to be accepted.

The only one who can order anything here is Tibs, and she knew that. Heatheness wasn't "ordering" anyone to do anything. She was making a suggestion -- strongly-worded, poorly presented, no doubt -- but it was a suggestion and not an order. Y'all have decided that her suggestion isn't vital. I'm cool with that. But it wasn't an order. It was her speaking her mind.

At this point, I don't even see a reason to respond. This is like the never ending cycle of not understanding. I don't think you get what I'm saying, I certainly don't get what you're saying. Maybe I'm just blind. I have really tried. I put forth real stress inducing effort. And all it has helped do is completely exhaust me. I'm no closer to understanding what you want. You're not seeming any closer to being satisfied or having closure. I really tried, baby. Only because I genuinely care about your feelings. I have to wave my white flag and bow out now. I hope find what you're looking for.

0/10

Ok, no-one panic!

Let's take a deep breath and start from the start.

Hehe. (This is worse than Days of our Lives)
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(July 6, 2016 at 10:20 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Ok, no-one panic!

Let's take a deep breath and start from the start.

Hehe. (This is worse than Days of our Lives)

I also typed that while standing in the rain, if that helps Tongue

0/10

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peanut Gallery Commentary on the Staff Log of Bannings and such like. Whateverist 4493 694765 March 31, 2021 at 5:55 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Nudity, Is It Sexist In This Forum? Heatheness 702 64642 July 7, 2016 at 2:08 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  [split] Discussion About Potential Rule Change and Staff Action Shell B 94 43980 June 2, 2012 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  [split] Quoting Full Articles Violet 8 3845 April 27, 2010 at 11:34 am
Last Post: Tiberius