Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 29, 2024, 5:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
are there any girls in the world that like shy guys?
RE: are there any girls in the world that like shy guys?
(August 9, 2016 at 12:35 pm)Alasdair Ham Wrote: Actual science > Subjective experience.

Unless you're already asexual or have taken hormones or had castration, the best you can do is repress your sex drive.

Not really.  Physically, if you're a man, you'll have a buildup of semen that expresses itself.  But you can live a normal life with little or no thought about sex, or sexual feelings, for sure.  I've also done this at times in my life.  I was trying to turn that energy to other uses, and was able to really see female sexuality as breeding monkey reflex, and to look at it analytically from the third person, and not let myself get inside it.
(August 9, 2016 at 2:23 pm)bennyboy Wrote:
(August 9, 2016 at 12:35 pm)Alasdair Ham Wrote: Actual science > Subjective experience.

Unless you're already asexual or have taken hormones or had castration, the best you can do is repress your sex drive.

Not really.  Physically, if you're a man, you'll have a buildup of semen that expresses itself.  But you can live a normal life with little or no thought about sex, or sexual feelings, for sure.  I've also done this at times in my life.  I was trying to turn that energy to other uses, and was able to really see female sexuality as breeding monkey reflex, and to look at it analytically from the third person, and not let myself get inside it.
No, benny, you're wrong, because, you see, you're not getting any. End of discussion.

Tits or gtfo. Literally.
(August 9, 2016 at 2:23 pm)bennyboy Wrote:

That is repressing your sex drive. You still have a sex drive you're just sublimating it. EP claimed it's possible to "become an asexual" out of an act of will. It's not.
(August 9, 2016 at 2:24 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote:
(August 9, 2016 at 2:23 pm)bennyboy Wrote: Not really.  Physically, if you're a man, you'll have a buildup of semen that expresses itself.  But you can live a normal life with little or no thought about sex, or sexual feelings, for sure.  I've also done this at times in my life.  I was trying to turn that energy to other uses, and was able to really see female sexuality as breeding monkey reflex, and to look at it analytically from the third person, and not let myself get inside it.
No, benny, you're wrong, because, you see, you're not getting any. End of discussion.

Tits or gtfo. Literally.

You're the one strawmanning you see.
(August 9, 2016 at 2:30 pm)Alasdair Ham Wrote:
(August 9, 2016 at 2:24 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: No, benny, you're wrong, because, you see, you're not getting any. End of discussion.

Tits or gtfo. Literally.

You're the one strawmanning you see.

Riiiiiiight.
Version 1.0 is at it again.

Yep.
Mate, atheism is simply a lack of belief in a god, you're not suddenly a super genius now, and what you're saying makes no sense. Don't overthink it, no matter how many times you've heard it and how corny it sounds, just be yourself. There's not a law for what makes a man or woman attractive, every individual is attracted to different people.
(August 9, 2016 at 2:24 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote:
(August 9, 2016 at 2:23 pm)bennyboy Wrote: Not really.  Physically, if you're a man, you'll have a buildup of semen that expresses itself.  But you can live a normal life with little or no thought about sex, or sexual feelings, for sure.  I've also done this at times in my life.  I was trying to turn that energy to other uses, and was able to really see female sexuality as breeding monkey reflex, and to look at it analytically from the third person, and not let myself get inside it.

Tits or gtfo. Literally.

This shows you don't understand what the Ham's point was.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
(August 9, 2016 at 2:41 pm)RozKek Wrote: Mate, atheism is simply a lack of belief in a god, you're not suddenly a super genius now, and what you're saying makes no sense. Don't overthink it, no matter how many times you've heard it and how corny it sounds, just be yourself. There's not a law for what makes a man or woman attractive, every individual are attracted to different people.

QFT.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Purpose? Is there any? Seek3r 10 1281 July 23, 2020 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Maybe there's something like a god out there. Ryantology 38 3140 June 5, 2020 at 8:42 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Information [Serious] How many reasonable solutions are there to any particular social issue? Prof.Lunaphiles 69 7465 April 11, 2020 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Do u want there to be a God? Any God? Agnostico 304 31065 December 19, 2018 at 1:20 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Why are there barely any teens on AF? DodosAreDead 22 3467 July 26, 2018 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Have You Guys... Icy 26 3807 July 22, 2018 at 11:39 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  I'd like to ask my fellow atheists if they would be happy to learn there was a god. Whateverist 88 16677 September 4, 2017 at 1:27 am
Last Post: Astonished
  These guys make me sick Manowar 23 7948 July 8, 2017 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Guys do you believe Howard Storm's NDE? arda101 208 56655 March 6, 2017 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Are there any scientific books or studies that explain what makes a person religious? WisdomOfTheTrees 13 2642 February 9, 2017 at 2:33 am
Last Post: Mirek-Polska