Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 28, 2024, 1:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long will Christians wait for Jesus?
RE: How long will Christians wait for Jesus?
(February 18, 2017 at 4:40 pm)Stimbo Wrote:
(February 18, 2017 at 3:18 am)Godschild Wrote: God is eternal and any unforgiven sin against Him is eternal, therefore the punishment must be eternal.

This is far and away the single most horrifically inhuman thing anybody has ever said. For shame.

Why can't an infinite immortal being be infinitely pissed off for endless eternity ?

Has to fill up the time somehow . . . .

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Quote:God is eternal and any unforgiven sin against Him is eternal, therefore the punishment must be eternal.

God can never be a victim no crime can be done against it . Therefore there is nothing that can be done to him that needs forgiveness. And no a only a monster holds a grudge forever.
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(February 18, 2017 at 1:28 am)Godschild Wrote: I do not believe in magical powers myself but, l do believe in a supreme God who is omnipotent and omniscient who with no trouble can raise the dead bodies from where ever they may be.

ROFLOL

If it wasn't for the new rule I'd stick that in my signature.

But... actually... there's a better place to put it.
(February 18, 2017 at 8:46 pm)Orochi Wrote:
Quote:God is eternal and any unforgiven sin against Him is eternal, therefore the punishment must be eternal.

God can never be a victim no crime can be done against it . Therefore there is nothing that can be done to him that needs forgiveness. And no a only a monster holds a grudge forever.

This. A victim is unable to retaliate or defend itself.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(February 18, 2017 at 5:01 pm)Kernel Sohcahtoa Wrote: Hello, sir.  The following questions are out of friendly curiosity and are in no way intended to be disrespectful toward your beliefs.  With that said, if God presents itself as a man to you, then does God also present itself in a form that is more acceptable/comprehensible to the person it is presenting itself to?  For example, if some person (male or female) experienced God, then could that person see God as a woman? If some sentient alien life-form saw God, then would God present itself in an image that is somewhat similar to how that life-form looks?  Are all of these images of God equally valid?  Furthermore, how do people distinguish between God and their projections of what God is?

I appreciate you being respectful of my beliefs. I also try to do the same. We don't know what God looks like.  Christians assume that he is spirit and has no physical body.  In the bible he has appeared from time to time in human form or other ways, such as in the burning bush in the old testament.  He finally took the form of a human in Jesus.  We tend to picture God in human form and whether we picture him as a man or woman really doesn't matter as we can't know what God the Father looks like.  It wouldn't be any closer to picture him as a man than to picture him as a woman.  I would also assume that a creature on another planet would tend to picture him in his form.  My opinion is that if picturing God in a particular form brings you closer to him then great, as long as you still worship the true God and not some idol image that you've formed in your mind.
Lek, although we may disagree wildly on theological matters, I'd like to say that I appreciate very much the way you phrase things. There's a gentleness in the way you describe your beliefs.
Waiting for Jesus... he already came, and died for our sins. You mean the second coming? Well first the anti-Christ has to hit the scene, create armageadon, and then he comes back to destroy the antichrist. Just right around the corner, but a few things need to happen first. Trump was sent by God according to some people who were told by God he was going to be president before the election, and was going to start the cleanse of the Luciferian regime that currently rules the world. So we got that purification process going for us. Next the temple mount must be rebuilt in Israel. The Nascent Sanhedrin has requested that Putin and Trump rebuild the temple, which is likely to happen soon, watch for that to be announced in a few years. There are a few more things leading up to the end times as well, but that's a start for you.

The Nascent Sanhedrin is calling on Russian President Vladmir Putin and US president-elect Donald Trump to join forces and fulfill their Biblically-mandated roles by rebuilding the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem.

Rabbi Hillel Weiss, spokesman for the Sanhedrin, contacted Breaking Israel News to announce that the election of Trump, who has promised to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, coupled with Putin’s expressed desire for the Temple to be rebuilt, prompted the Jewish court to send a letter offering the two the opportunity to act as modern-day Cyrus figures: non-Jewish kings who recognize the importance of Israel and the Temple.

Cyrus the Great, King of Persia in the sixth century BCE, announced in the first year of his reign that he was prompted by God to make a decree that the Temple in Jerusalem should be rebuilt.

Read more at https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/78372...YgHKyIA.99
(February 17, 2017 at 1:47 pm)Lek Wrote: Humans have been around for what, a million years?  Why is a few thousand years such a long time to wait?

What!? Lek, you've been talking to some different Jesus then most of the Christians on this forum that has been telling you that world is millions of years old and not 6000. So many Jesuses or maybe some Christians talk to drunk Jesus that tells them about rib woman, others to goffy Jesus that tells them humanoid giants used to fight with dinosaurs, others to serious Jesus...
(February 18, 2017 at 2:07 pm)Lek Wrote:
(February 18, 2017 at 5:34 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: Why was a Hebrew book written in greek "originally"?

The old testament was written in Hebrew.  The new testament, which is not "Hebrew books", was written in the common language in the Roman empire at the time, which was Greek.

But the language of Jesus and his band of men would have been Aramaic which DID have a written form. So the very first writtings would have lost something in translation and there are NO written accounts in the original tongue. A bit like taking the google translate to Chinese and then into english account of something as your holy book. When you get it, it has been translated at least three times.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(February 18, 2017 at 4:27 pm)Lek Wrote:
(February 18, 2017 at 3:35 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: No peeking, note who said what, then go check your answers:

J or P :

Think not that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets; I have come not to abolish them but to fulfil them.
For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the law until all is accomplished.

J or P:

For Christ is the end of the law, that every one who has faith may be justified.

I'll take them one at a time.  Since you didn't give me the verses I'll need to locate some and look at the context of the verses.  The first one is brought up all the time and I've answered it before.  Jesus came to fulfill the law and his life on earth and death on the cross resulted in the fulfillment of the law.  Since he fulfilled the law for us we are no longer under the law.  It was the end of the law as it related to mankind.  Actually, the law was only given to the Jews and never did apply to Gentiles anyway.

If the law is fulfilled, why is Paul always ranting about homosexuals? Is he just a bigot?
Jesus is like Pinocchio.  He's the bastard son of a carpenter. And a liar. And he wishes he was real.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sinning, as Jesus and the church say, is good. Turn or burn Christians. Greatest I am 71 5822 October 20, 2020 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How do Christians imagine 2nd coming of Jesus? Fake Messiah 39 3836 September 15, 2020 at 11:01 am
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 8113 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
  How long did Jesus spend in Hell? Gawdzilla Sama 43 7298 February 5, 2018 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
Exclamation Christianity is Dead, Long live the rEvolution! Bow Before Zeus 77 15075 December 26, 2017 at 2:59 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Christians, what is it like to have a personal relationship with Jesus? GrandizerII 95 9620 July 16, 2016 at 1:43 pm
  Christians, would you have saved Jesus, if you had he chance? Simon Moon 294 37020 July 2, 2016 at 11:23 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Why do Christians believe in the Resurrection of Jesus but not alien abductions? Jehanne 72 12086 June 27, 2016 at 1:54 am
Last Post: Redbeard The Pink
  How long was the rape scandal going on? Nihilist Virus 11 2894 June 13, 2016 at 8:26 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31695 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy