Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 13, 2024, 2:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That Day will come as a trap on all the world
RE: That Day will come as a trap on all the world
I don't want to be judged by the Evil Council, in Kung Pow! Enter the Fist.

They are a council and soooooo evil!
(September 30, 2014 at 3:28 pm)oukoida Wrote:
(September 30, 2014 at 3:07 pm)RobZombi Wrote: You had a personal, reciprocating relationship with Jesus Christ most of your life? Because that is the definition of true Christianity. What you had was an intellectual head knowledge of Christ like the scriptures state in the book of James, "..even the demons believe and they tremble..".

So, we start off with a No True Scotsman. What you have defined is not True Christianity™, but True [Insert your denomination's name here]™. I hope you realize that.

(September 30, 2014 at 3:07 pm)RobZombi Wrote: You admitted that you do nothing for God, but for those you care about. So it remains true, you do not want to be held accountable by God. "For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? ..." Matthew 8:46

I don't want to be held accountable by god just like you don't want to be held accountable by the Supreme Court of the Klingon Empire. Get it?
Wrong. It is a biblical truth, " for if you confess God with your mouth AND believe in heart..you shall be saved". How can one be saved if you were never with Christ? 1John 2:19.
And yes I get it but you don't.
(September 30, 2014 at 3:57 pm)RobZombi Wrote:
(September 30, 2014 at 3:28 pm)oukoida Wrote: So, we start off with a No True Scotsman. What you have defined is not True Christianity™, but True [Insert your denomination's name here]™. I hope you realize that.

I don't want to be held accountable by god just like you don't want to be held accountable by the Supreme Court of the Klingon Empire. Get it?
Wrong. It is a biblical truth, " for if you confess God with your mouth AND believe in heart..you shall be saved". How can one be saved if you were never with Christ? 1John 2:19.
And yes I get it but you don't.

You will not pass.
- Gandalf, Lord of the Rings.

Quoting one book of fantasy deserves a response from another book of fantasy
Dying to live, living to die.
biblical truth
military intelligence
jumbo shrimp
free lapdance
honest politician
False, there is no god but Allah and Muhammad is his profit
(September 30, 2014 at 3:57 pm)RobZombi Wrote: And yes I get it but you don't.
Yeah, and your "getting it" is -all- about not wanting to be held accountable to god. Not in this life, certainly not in the next. Your entire faith is centered around cheating a fate you richly deserve. Forgive me if your criticism of others along these lines sounds a bit too much like projection. How many more ounces of your gods flesh would someone have to strip off, I wonder, to cover the sin of being an insufferable prick?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(September 30, 2014 at 4:05 pm)Rhythm Wrote:
(September 30, 2014 at 3:57 pm)RobZombi Wrote: And yes I get it but you don't.
Yeah, and your "getting it" is -all- about not wanting to be held accountable to god. Not in this life, certainly not in the next. Your entire faith is centered around cheating a fate you richly deserve. Forgive me if your criticism of others along these lines sounds a bit too much like projection. How many more ounces of your gods flesh would someone have to strip off, I wonder, to cover the sin of being an insufferable prick?
It's not projection, I have no axe to grind. Jesus Christ commands his followers to warn others and to preach the gospel. I'm not "cheating" a fate, I was saved by Gods grace and I didn't deserve it. Jesus's propitiation covers being a prick.
(September 30, 2014 at 4:36 pm)RobZombi Wrote:
(September 30, 2014 at 4:05 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Yeah, and your "getting it" is -all- about not wanting to be held accountable to god. Not in this life, certainly not in the next. Your entire faith is centered around cheating a fate you richly deserve. Forgive me if your criticism of others along these lines sounds a bit too much like projection. How many more ounces of your gods flesh would someone have to strip off, I wonder, to cover the sin of being an insufferable prick?
It's not projection, I have no axe to grind. Jesus Christ commands his followers to warn others and to preach the gospel. I'm not "cheating" a fate, I was saved by Gods grace and I didn't deserve it. Jesus's propitiation covers being a prick.

Feel free to preach your gospel. Just remember when people say no, they mean no, and don't want you pushing it on them anymore.

People prosletyzing to us seem to be under the impression they're the first ones to try it and we haven't heard it all before.

1. You're not the first and, unfortunately, won't be the last.
2. We HAVE heard it all before.
Dying to live, living to die.
Fucking rapey christians....lol.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
If christ's followers are supposed to warn others, who would they warn? Other followers, who would undoubtedly already know? Or would they warn the people that don't follow jesus, which according to you are against him, and in service of the devil...in which case, why the hell would we care, if we are in service of the devil? Why bother 'warning'?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1436 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink vorlon13 11 2770 August 1, 2017 at 12:25 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Chris Brown should be come a Christian Tarasoft11 15 2548 September 7, 2016 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Where did the universe come from? Atheistic origin science has no answer. SavedByGraceThruFaith 2761 773760 September 6, 2015 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  How Long Will Christians Wait for the End Time to Come? Rhondazvous 237 36970 September 3, 2015 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  "The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us..." should we be grateful? Whateverist 325 70118 July 21, 2015 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  'it will come back to you' Longhorn 23 5128 June 20, 2015 at 11:52 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  Christians Come to the Waters... daver49 2 1265 March 20, 2015 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Why Christians come to atheist forums watchamadoodle 112 25320 March 17, 2015 at 3:32 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  And Hells come back to haunt me themonkeyman 515 227167 April 15, 2014 at 10:20 pm
Last Post: snowtracks