Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parody threads...
Thumbs Down 
Parody threads...
...are junking up the serious boards.

Maybe they could be limited to Off Topic and/or Humor.
RE: Parody threads...
It's sometimes very difficult to know when some theist statements are serious or not.
Or if they are theists.

If theists could work on not sounding like the parodies, it would be better for everyone.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
The "case for" threads are obvious parody, even allowing for Poe's Law. Since I use the "New Posts" option to browse I tend not to realize where the threads are originating, so I didn't understand the OP until I checked the list more carefully.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Same here, I always use new posts search and wouldnt even notice the difference. But marking parody with a big parody sign is a bit spoiling the fun, no?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

If a theist can't tell the difference between another theist and a parody, that should indicate to them there's a problem :p

Stop making it so easy to do parodies! It's easier than writing a serious topic.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Atheists are making their fair share of parody threads. But I agree the parody threads are getting out of control.
Is this considered a serious thread or a parody?
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
If you think a thread should be moved, report the OP, and make a case why it should.
(December 11, 2014 at 5:11 pm)abaris Wrote: Is this considered a serious thread or a parody?

I'd say it's still being decided.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestion: Install Soma Tablet Depositories On All Threads Violet 17 2481 May 3, 2020 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
Information [Serious] Why can't I subscribe to threads? CaenLeranzo 6 1465 February 25, 2020 at 4:53 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Civil/ safe option for threads. Mystic 2 1091 November 19, 2018 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  I know I'm not supposed to revive really old threads, so... Martian Mermaid 23 4894 November 22, 2017 at 9:45 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Alternative to "click bait" rule: block threads robvalue 40 5995 February 6, 2017 at 1:38 am
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  Mafia game threads showing in "Today's Posts" lists Ravenshire 18 6638 February 5, 2017 at 4:53 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Missing drafts (threads, not PMs) Aroura 13 2082 December 2, 2016 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: Aroura
  Necroing of threads by newbies Joods 11 1921 July 4, 2016 at 7:26 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Suggestion/question: breadcrumb nav at the bottom of threads? KevinM1 17 3011 November 10, 2015 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Starting Threads with Links rexbeccarox 17 3594 October 6, 2015 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet