Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 4:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Awesome... just discovered I have a religious friend
Awesome... just discovered I have a religious friend
Its made my day. Just got onto the topic of religion with a work colleague and discovered that he is strongly Orthodox. He was telling me that everyone is a sinner (told him that to be a sinner you have to believe in sin) and that on Sunday we should starve ourselves (fasting).

Just had a 15 minute discussion with him over why god needs him to starve himself (humans are the only creatures stupid enough to do this) and why give money to the church.. why does god need money? Why do the priests need to drive large 4x4s? Why do they spend so much of this money building bigger and bigger churches?

Cant wait for the next time I see him at a smoke break.... Old or New Testament? Its all good... Angel
A finite number of monkeys with a finite number of typewriters and a finite amount of time could eventually reproduce 4chan.
RE: Awesome... just discovered I have a religious friend
LOL co-workers are the best had one bring in Holy water to me....... I put it in my coffieSmile
Did I make a good point? thumbs up Smile I cant help it I'm a Kudos whore. P.S. Jesus is a MYTH.
Or put a bible on the toilet roll holder...
A finite number of monkeys with a finite number of typewriters and a finite amount of time could eventually reproduce 4chan.
Get a bible and use it to stop the table rocking.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
He's not going to be your friend for long.
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
(April 30, 2010 at 2:53 am)Xyster Wrote: LOL co-workers are the best had one bring in Holy water to me....... I put it in my coffieSmile

Recipe for holy water: Put a saucepan of water on the stove and boil the hell out of it.
i'll just resurrect this thread to add a new conversation I had with the guy. We were comparing the USA with ancient Rome and we agreed the US is heading for a fall like Rome did.... however, his reasoning wasn't based on political or economic factors.... it was because of all the GAYS in the US and that God will soon punish the US for harboring the sinners.

I asked him if he was serious and he said yes, so I asked him if God was then going to do the same to the rest of the world as well, since there are probably a roughly equal % of gays in most countries in the world. His response was part wibble and part based on the fact that the US is tolerant to gays and that one of the churches over there (presuming he has his facts right here) has decided to allow gays into the priesthood (why not... the catholic church has its pedophiles).
edited because I lost half the original post, due to this crappy keyboard kvm set up.
Give him some of this for me and tell him the Bible doesn't want us to judge unfairly or use our mouth for dissent.Watch him say something about me being unequaly yoked.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
(April 30, 2010 at 2:53 am)Xyster Wrote: LOL co-workers are the best had one bring in Holy water to me....... I put it in my coffieSmile

Thrill seeker. You don't really believe that water is sterilised do you?Big Grin
I assume, Loki, that the fact you say it's "awesome" that you have discovered your friend is religious is sarcasm. I sure as fuck know it's awesome if I have a friend I thought was religious and discover he is instead atheist lol :p

EvF

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheists: I have tips of advice why you are a hated non religious dogmatic group inUS Rinni92 13 2871 August 5, 2020 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Sal
  A conversation with a friend. Alternatehistory95 8 1586 January 21, 2019 at 9:19 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Awesome ex-muslim testimonies. purplepurpose 5 1371 August 2, 2018 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Human beings have virtually no value if they are just machines Transcended Dimensions 94 18182 December 16, 2017 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: Banned
  Any other atheists just feel an acute intolerance for religious people? WisdomOfTheTrees 93 14385 February 10, 2017 at 3:35 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Have you witnessed a ridiculous religious temper tantrum? Cecelia 20 2813 August 2, 2016 at 11:08 pm
Last Post: Reawakening
  Do you have Crazy Religious Relatives? Cecelia 30 2763 July 9, 2016 at 1:17 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Have I just demonstrated a deist god? Socratic Meth Head 11 2458 May 21, 2016 at 12:17 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Has anyone discovered a successful way to make religious people atheist? Phosphorescent Panties 83 14344 April 12, 2016 at 12:30 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  An Intersting conversation I had with a Creationist friend of mine. TanithDaUnicorn 39 5876 February 14, 2016 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Cyberman