Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alaska Athiest!
Alaska Athiest!
Well just wanted to say hello. I'm from Alaska. Been atheist most of my life, very fortunate not to have been raised Christian, never had to go to church or anything like that otherwise I think I would be furious at my parents.
I'm also quite liberal, but I love guns, must be the AK bring up. I was never into politics and religion much until I saw Sarah Palin. This seems like a pretty fun forum with very intelligent people on it, so I can see great discussions happening.

"...the illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world."

- Carl Sagan
RE: Alaska Athiest!
Welcome, paintpooper! That's quite a posting name you have there! Haha!
Wlecome aboard the AF train to Crazyville! Don't mind the insane jibber jabber, people here are prone to it. Hopefully you'll have fun, too! Big Grin
Hi pp,welcome!
So what has Sarah Pailin taught you about religion and politics then?
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
Sarah taught me
Religion = bane of progression.
Politics in the US = JOKE!

And that irrational ignorant people can gain power and influence the masses. Sends a shiver down mah spine.

"...the illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world."

- Carl Sagan
She's not President yet, there is still hope!
A nut like her shouldn't be walking around with a gun, either.
Woot anotherAlaskan.. where you at ?
Did I make a good point? thumbs up Smile I cant help it I'm a Kudos whore. P.S. Jesus is a MYTH.
Anchorage

- Carl Sagan
(May 24, 2010 at 2:30 pm)paintpooper Wrote: Well just wanted to say hello. I'm from Alaska. Been atheist most of my life, very fortunate not to have been raised Christian, never had to go to church or anything like that otherwise I think I would be furious at my parents.
I'm also quite liberal, but I love guns, must be the AK bring up. I was never into politics and religion much until I saw Sarah Palin. This seems like a pretty fun forum with very intelligent people on it, so I can see great discussions happening.

*Saerules returns paintpooper's desire to say hello with a hello*

I am from Alaska as well... why are there so many of us now?! Undecided I can't be locationally unique anymore! Sad

Why would your being liberal make loving guns strange? :S

It would have to be both fun and intriguing... else why would I stay? Tiger
(May 24, 2010 at 4:11 pm)Minimalist Wrote: A nut like her shouldn't be walking around with a gun, either.

But that would mean that we'd have to waste a bullet of our own to kill her... Angel Cloud
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  O-Oh Athiest-Kisha, notice me B-Baka! SenpaiNoticeMeYouBlindShmuck 10 2464 October 10, 2016 at 6:11 am
Last Post: EruptedCarcassBloat
  Hi from an Aussie Athiest Eclipse 17 2002 February 13, 2016 at 7:29 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hello Athiest forums! warlocksarebest 22 3052 November 7, 2014 at 10:41 pm
Last Post: c172
  Is It Hypocritical Of Me To Be Athiest? Cheese-Is-Christ 26 5035 October 9, 2013 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Hello from a frum Israeli Athiest EGross 7 2349 February 19, 2013 at 10:53 am
Last Post: frankiej
  Black Female Athiest Looking for Atheist Friends! Chemelonique 25 7618 July 28, 2012 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  Another Athiest Reporting In theotherone 7 1993 December 21, 2011 at 10:23 am
Last Post: Faith No More
  Former Athiest clipse26i 40 13791 July 25, 2011 at 9:46 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Athiest Evolutionist Jem12 10 3703 June 8, 2011 at 1:03 pm
Last Post: eric209
  Lutheran, drunk athiest, God, christian, non-religious, voice of God bjhulk 30 11601 February 9, 2011 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: OnlyNatural