Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I Am Not A Christian by Bertrand Russell
Why I Am Not A Christian by Bertrand Russell
Today I listened to a recording of Bertrand Russell's famous essay Why I Am Not A Christian. In my opinion this essay is one of the most well argued and thought out critiques of Christianity ever. Russell in such a short amount of words demolishes the main arguments proposed for the existence of at least a Christian god. Also to top that off Russell goes on to expose the less than ideal character of Jesus and his teachings.
undefined
RE: Why I Am Not A Christian by Bertrand Russell
Is there a way to listen to this recording online? I just finished reading Letter to a Christian Nation by Sam Harris, and Russell is next on my list.
[Image: 186305514v6_480x480_Front_Color-Black-1.jpg]
(February 10, 2011 at 11:29 am)OnlyNatural Wrote: Is there a way to listen to this recording online? I just finished reading Letter to a Christian Nation by Sam Harris, and Russell is next on my list.

http://atheistnews.blogs.fi/2010/06/08/b...o-8757616/
undefined
I loved reading this. Can't wait to go back over it again now that you reminded me of it, lol.
~ Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day, give a man a religion and he'll die praying for a fish.
The audio link is bad. I am now torrenting the audio book and will post my archival version soon.
Bloody torrentors -_-

You people make it impossible for me to find any legitimate sales on a thing after a few years -_-
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Does it comfort you to know that electronic piracy is a market failure? Does it also comfort you to know that those 'pirates' have found the cheapest way to market, free?

REF: http://www.thestar.com/business/article/...-legal-one
REF: http://www.michaelgeist.ca/
It comforts me to know that electronic piracy is a market failure. Hell, I'd have just bought my Wild Arms soundtracks in the first place if I could have found them within a reasonable time of looking.

It does not comfort me that pirates do not pay those they stole from. Hell, what minute piracy i've done in younger days disgusts my sense of integrity. Now I have to go through buying things I already have just to not feel disgusting. I don't care if it is legal or illegal... i'm still going to have a legitimate collection.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paschal's Wager re-formulated mathematically: why being Christian is Rational. Nishant Xavier 59 3410 August 6, 2023 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Is Atheism a Religion? Why or why not? Nishant Xavier 91 4961 August 6, 2023 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Jesus on the Gospel, not any Christian Church, and the Afterlife KerimF 31 1670 May 17, 2023 at 9:13 am
Last Post: KerimF
  Trump solidified Christian stance with prolife; why he'd make a horrible president. bussta33 12 2820 April 3, 2016 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Why, Why,Why! Lemonvariable72 14 3557 October 2, 2013 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Why I Am No Longer A Creationist/Christian (Youtube video series) Golbez 4 2427 June 24, 2013 at 1:03 am
Last Post: bladevalant546
  My wife is Christian... i'm not sure what I am. IDKWTB 25 7766 April 30, 2011 at 10:47 am
Last Post: Welsh cake
  WHY WHY WHY??!?!? JUST STOP...... Xyster 18 5157 March 18, 2011 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: Zenith
  Russell's Teapot comics. leo-rcc 3 3330 January 22, 2010 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: fr0d0