Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 30, 2024, 5:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tell us about the dinosaurs
RE: Tell us about the dinosaurs

Haha, gotta love a guy who can quote David Lynch movies. Nice work.

No I did not mean Job used them as work animals. In the text the writer of Job points to them as examples, "see the Behemoth, can you?.....can you?...". So he is making a point by using animals that everyone was familiar with. Would be like me saying, "You should all be strong in the face of danger, see the Elephant does it run away when something is attacking it's young? Is it ever weak?". So that is how he is referring to these animals. So it makes sense that they were real animals that the readeers would have been familiar with.

As for the Ark, yes Noah would have had them on the Ark too. Space really would not have been an issue because there really are only about 50 true "kinds" of dinosaurs. These dinosaurs were all different sizes from smaller than a chicken to the sauropods. If space really was an issue Noah could have taken Juvenile ones on the Ark. I don't think he needed to conidering the huge amount of space he had on the Ark. These dinosaurs most likely survived after the Ark and sparked many of the dragon stories in China and Europe. There have been modern stories of alleged dinosaur sightings in Australia and Central Africa. People who have seen these creatures describe them very accurately despite some of them never even knowing about dinosaurs. We find pictographs that closely resemble dinosaurs. The finding of Coelacanth amongst serveral other species of animals and trees has shown that animals that supposedly lived millions of years ago could still live today.

(October 22, 2010 at 2:20 pm)Tiberius Wrote: [quote='Statler Waldorf' pid='100589' dateline='1287685459']
Intentionally misquoting someone by using the
Quote: function is a very severe offense on every other fourm I have been on. I hope that is also the case on this forum.
It isn't.

He quoted something you said, and then put his own "correction" in bold. Afterwards, he said he told you he'd "fixed" your quote, put a wink smiley, and then said "my bold".

Nobody could read that post and come to the conclusion that you said what he quoted you as saying.

I actually think a few people on here could. The quote function is supposed to always be used to directly quote another poster.

Thanks SW. Its great I now know your position on the Dinosaur/Ark business. I would respond now, but I am incredibly drunk (its my birthday today!) so I'll save my response for later this weekend or early next week.

In the meantime, the floor is open for anyone else to comment on Dinosaurs being on the ark.... all i can say, is who had the job of cleaning up the T-Rex's shit?
A finite number of monkeys with a finite number of typewriters and a finite amount of time could eventually reproduce 4chan.
(October 22, 2010 at 2:32 pm)Statler Waldorf Wrote: As for the Ark, yes Noah would have had them on the Ark too.

ROFLOL

Quote:Space really would not have been an issue because there really are only about 50 true "kinds" of dinosaurs.

Back to the nonsense about "kinds", huh?

Okay, tell me this - are a garter snake and a cobra the same "kind" (they're both snakes!). How about a polar bear and a panda (they're both bears!)? How about a tiger and a house cat (they're both cats!)? How about an eagle and a toucan (they're both birds!)? How about a gorilla and a spider monkey (they're both apes!)? I could go on and on....

Where exactly is the dividing line that distinguishes a "kind"?

Quote:These dinosaurs were all different sizes from smaller than a chicken to the sauropods.

You really should stay off that answersingenesis website. It'll rot your brain.

Quote:If space really was an issue Noah could have taken Juvenile ones on the Ark.

Because young T. Rexes would only bite off your fingers, as opposed to adults which would bite off your head.

Quote:I don't think he needed to conidering the huge amount of space he had on the Ark.

A boat that couldn't have possibly been built given the technology of the time.

Quote:These dinosaurs most likely survived after the Ark and sparked many of the dragon stories in China and Europe.

Then when do you think all the dinosaurs died off? Because this scenario is just ridiculous.

Quote:There have been modern stories of alleged dinosaur sightings in Australia and Central Africa.

Unsubstantiated anecdotal bullshit.

Quote:People who have seen these creatures describe them very accurately despite some of them never even knowing about dinosaurs.

And people have also "seen" and provided descriptions of Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster and the Abominable Snowman. Unfortunately, there is no concrete evidence that any of these creatures actually exist or existed.

Quote:We find pictographs that closely resemble dinosaurs.

I've never seen a pictograph of a T. Rex, a Triceratops or a Stegasaurus. You'd think people would have drawn pictures of these amazing beasts. Instead, we have pictures that could easily be representations of common lizards. Occams's Razor.

Quote:The finding of Coelacanth amongst serveral other species of animals and trees has shown that animals that supposedly lived millions of years ago could still live today.

And this is supposed to prove......?
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
(October 21, 2010 at 4:38 pm)Statler Waldorf Wrote: Is this a serious post? Someone needs to learn what "literal" means. Literal means that you interpret something according to the literary method it was written in.
What the fuck are you even babbling on about? I'm not taking you seriously because you've shown with other board members you're not even serious about your position. You've ignored me several times whenever I question your beliefs, I respect them, as ridiculous as they are, but you're not entitled to your own facts (considering you regard the world's only 6,000-10,000 years old) and give no justification or evidence when asked why. Whenever faced with criticism of your apparent Biblical literalism you shrug it off and continue ranting, a brilliant strategy, but hardly a debate Statler.

When you've stopped clowning around let me know.
Welsh cake if your going to show contempt for someone start your post with a haha, works for creation boy.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(October 21, 2010 at 2:20 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(October 21, 2010 at 1:54 pm)Statler Waldorf Wrote: Evolutionists stuck them in that group based on their Evolutionairy ideas. Based on the overwhelming mountain of evidence.

Fixed that for ya. Wink Shades my bold

Just to point out that was a deliberate missquote for humerous effect.
Just learnt that is against the rules. #slaps own wrist#

He's a creationist...evidence means nothing in this thread.
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
BTW Waldo, this ark you are so proud of would be impossible to build with the technology of the day.

Re this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wyoming_(schooner) even with modern techniques you can't go past a certain size.

P.s where did Noah keep all of the marine species that would have undoubtedly perished with the massive influx of fresh water that the rains would have brought?

And it's strange that all of the civilizations around at the time(2500bce) signally failed to notice the flood happen.

Pps still waiting to hear how anisotropic light propagation(even if it's true,which it isn't) supports the idea of a young universe.

Though I've always considered the flood myth a perfect example of why god is such an incompetent buffoon. Any halfway decent deity would have simply eliminated humanity( just made them disappear for instance).

But Yo-yo has to destroy the whole biosphere, It's like dynamiting your house to get rid of a cockroach.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
The god of the old teatsment was real cocksucking arsehole wasnt he.

Killing everybody but a few carpentors and the vast majority of animals on earth seems like the actions of petulant run away Q from star trek rather than an all loving god.

And in the garden of eden why put the tree with forbidden fruit there at all, that was an incident waiting to happen wasnt it.

And it goes on and on, the myths cobbled together form an incoherent bundle of stupid that I cant believe are still taken seriously.

Ancient people werent the holders of knowledge they were mainly barely post pubesant, uneducated, superstitious and gullible believing any old shit.

The only pre scientific way to sort crap from truth was pure thought or philisophy and that conjured up such gems as the humurs of the body method of treating people for diseases which probaby caused as many deaths as the illness.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

So, Statler, tell us why the rock record clearly demonstrates a history of over 9,000 species of dinosaurs (certainly a large lineage of animals for Noah to overlook, in fact, they were the most diverse species of vertebrates besides the perciform fish), including over 1,000 species of non-avian dinosaurs, that existed on Earth for over 160 million years if the Earth is only 6,000 years? Did god create these fossils to confuse all of us unbelieving scientists, and if so, where is his fossil factory located? And how did Noah manage the plumbing system on such an ark? Surely he must have been the most inventive plumber of all time.
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
(October 23, 2010 at 11:57 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: Welsh cake if your going to show contempt for someone start your post with a haha, works for creation boy.
Except I'm not, I don't regard Statler as 'inferior', I'm just annoyed that he's trying, and failing, to derail the conversation.

We don't get that many young Earth creationists here (thank God) and I was hoping to address his argument and follow on from there.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tell Us Something We Didn't Know, Boys Minimalist 2 1047 May 12, 2017 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Amazing What The Bones Can Tell Us Minimalist 3 615 May 24, 2016 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Dinosaurs with killer claws yield new theory about flight orogenicman 1 1532 December 22, 2011 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Did humans and dinosaurs ever coexist? theophilus 40 27795 September 1, 2010 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Dinosaurs Darwinian 13 4572 May 27, 2009 at 5:20 am
Last Post: Darwinian