Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 28, 2024, 7:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DEBUNKING THE CONSPIRACY THEORY
RE: DEBUNKING THE CONSPIRACY THEORY
(August 16, 2015 at 1:01 pm)Randy Carson Wrote: Right...let's compare the books.

Yours first (since we've already discussed mine at length). What books are you citing as evidence for the historical Robin Hood?

Who wrote it? How long was it written after the actual life of Robin Hood? You know...the usual questions apply.

Thanks in advance.

Oh, I'm sure you can look that up.
I have a better question - how many cynical organizations and how many billions of brain-dead people have a vested interest in maintaining that either of the stories is true?
If Robin Hood promised you eternal life - you'd be waxing his knob right now, regardless of how unreliable the sources may be.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(August 16, 2015 at 1:00 pm)Neimenovic Wrote:
(August 16, 2015 at 12:58 pm)Randy Carson Wrote: Some, of course. The "brights". [Image: tongue.gif]

I can no more refer to "all atheists" safely than you can refer to "all Christians". [Image: wink.gif]

I wonder how 'the brights' feel about the existence of the apostles in light of the information that it has not been proven....

Are you really saying that Jesus did not have any disciples? Or that we don't know who they were?

If so, you're simply in denial...
(August 16, 2015 at 1:06 pm)Homeless Nutter Wrote:
(August 16, 2015 at 1:01 pm)Randy Carson Wrote: Right...let's compare the books.

Yours first (since we've already discussed mine at length). What books are you citing as evidence for the historical Robin Hood?

Who wrote it? How long was it written after the actual life of Robin Hood? You know...the usual questions apply.

Thanks in advance.

Oh, I'm sure you can look that up.
I have a better question - how many cynical organizations and how many billions of brain-dead people have a vested interest in maintaining that either of the stories is true?
If Robin Hood promised you eternal life - you'd be waxing his knob right now, regardless of how unreliable the sources may be.

And how many brain-dead atheists have decided that rather than actually deal with the arguments and evidence, it is just a whole lot easier to deny that Jesus ever existed?
I think people that believe in magic stuff are stupid. That means you Randy.
(August 16, 2015 at 1:07 pm)Randy Carson Wrote:
(August 16, 2015 at 1:00 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: I wonder how 'the brights' feel about the existence of the apostles in light of the information that it has not been proven....

Are you really saying that Jesus did not have any disciples? Or that we don't know who they were?

If so, you're simply in denial...

In saying the historicity of some, if not most, of Jesus' supposed apostles is dubious.

Funny you should talk about denial, Randy. But by all means, do go on....I think I remember why I put you on ignore Rolleyes
(August 16, 2015 at 1:08 pm)Randy Carson Wrote: And how many brain-dead atheists have decided that rather than actually deal with the arguments and evidence, it is just a whole lot easier to deny that Jesus ever existed?

Waaaaay fewer than the number of christians brain-washed since childhood (or forced by threat of, or actual violence) into uncritically accepting the Jesus fairy-tale, without even asking for any evidence. Fear of death is a powerful thing. Your sinister organization has known that for millenia.

Don't worry - when atheists are a majority, all the "evidence" will surely be re-inspected, perhaps this time without mouth-breathing politicians and church officials menacingly drooling over historians' shoulders.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(August 16, 2015 at 1:03 pm)Randy Carson Wrote:
(August 16, 2015 at 12:41 pm)IATIA Wrote: And what of King Arthur? Merlin?  I have sources/books for those also.

Yes, I was thinking of them, also.

Would you say that professional historians believe that King Arthur really existed? What is their consensus?

That there may have been a historical Arthur. There was certainly a real battle in which he was supposed to have fought. There is also a carving dating to the correct period in history that bears the words Arcturis which was the romano british word for Arthur. However there is in sufficient evidence to prove that a Romano British ruler actually existed of that name and even if he did exist a lot of supernatural elements have been added later. Seem familiar.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(August 16, 2015 at 1:09 pm)LastPoet Wrote: I think people that believe in magic stuff are stupid. That means you Randy.

Noted.
(August 16, 2015 at 1:22 pm)Homeless Nutter Wrote:
(August 16, 2015 at 1:08 pm)Randy Carson Wrote: And how many brain-dead atheists have decided that rather than actually deal with the arguments and evidence, it is just a whole lot easier to deny that Jesus ever existed?

Waaaaay fewer than the number of christians brain-washed since childhood (or forced by threat of, or actual violence) into uncritically accepting the Jesus fairy-tale, without even asking for any evidence. Fear of death is a powerful thing. Your sinister organization has known that for millenia.

Don't worry - when atheists  are a majority, all the "evidence" will surely be re-inspected, perhaps this time without mouth-breathing politicians and church officials menacingly drooling over historians' shoulders.

Of course. Things are getting better every day now that atheists have decided to speak out.
(August 16, 2015 at 2:24 pm)Randy Carson Wrote: Of course. Things are getting better every day now that atheists have decided to speak out.

They sure are. At least - christians can't legally torture and burn people, who disagree with them anymore.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best books debunking Christianity KiwiNFLFan 83 15648 January 16, 2020 at 10:21 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  a theory about modern xtian deconversion drfuzzy 14 3002 April 29, 2016 at 1:12 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  BBC's Conspiracy Road Trip: Creationism Cyberman 5 1527 March 12, 2016 at 8:45 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Planet Bieber update: Justin debunks the big bang theory TubbyTubby 32 6360 October 1, 2015 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Debunking the "Dying and Rising Gods" Theory Randy Carson 55 16236 September 22, 2015 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Christians to die out by diminished gene pool theory (sub-species) TubbyTubby 20 3497 August 20, 2015 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Debunking christianity dyresand 3 2024 July 19, 2015 at 11:56 am
Last Post: Metis
  Let's say the multiverse theory is true, how would a Christian insert God...? Mr. Moncrieff 21 7247 March 1, 2014 at 7:15 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Mutations disprove the theory of upward evolution SavedByGraceThruFaith 512 226494 October 12, 2013 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: Kayenneh
  Do you believe in the mythist theory ? viocjit 14 5106 June 4, 2013 at 2:51 am
Last Post: FifthElement