Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 3:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheism the unscientific belief (part one, two, and three)
RE: Atheism. The UNscientific belief (part two)
Yep I totally have alllllll the buttons. And I will use them. I'm attempting to save this thread and/or some of your necks. Wink

Now carry on. Civilly.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
(October 1, 2015 at 10:38 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(October 1, 2015 at 10:29 am)robvalue Wrote: If you get to tell us what beliefs we have as atheists (this seems to be all you do actually), then we can do the same for theists. You're a Hindu.

Hindus believe in the caste system.
Hindus often kill those who kill cows.
Hindus believe in dozen of Gods.
Most Hindus priests use drugs to get high.

Little Rik must be a bad Hindu because he doesn't do all these things.  Smile

Ok, so you're a bad Hindu. Get your [expletive deleted] together. You wouldn't want to get reincarnated as [something gross].

Edit: Kid gloves on, mean thing toned down.
Verbatim from the mouth of Jesus (retranslated from a retranslation of a copy of a copy):

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you too will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. How can you see your brother's head up his ass when your own vision is darkened by your head being even further up your ass? How can you say to your brother, 'Get your head out of your ass,' when all the time your head is up your own ass? You hypocrite! First take your head out of your own ass, and then you will see clearly who has his head up his ass and who doesn't." Matthew 7:1-5 (also Luke 6: 41-42)

Also, I has a website: www.RedbeardThePink.com
You can cuss on this forum, silly. There's nothing in the rules about that! Although I would like to state that 13yr olds have been known to frequent these forums.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
In all fairness, 13-year-olds swear -- just not very skillfully. They may as well learn how to do it right.
(October 1, 2015 at 2:45 pm)Crossless1 Wrote: In all fairness, 13-year-olds swear -- just not very skillfully. They may as well learn how to do it right.

Of course they do.

But if a 13 year old who is questioning their beliefs comes here and sees us acting like 4 year olds we'll likely drive them back into those very beliefs.

Of course, it works both ways.

Playing Cluedo with my mum while I was at Uni:

"You did WHAT?  With WHO?  WHERE???"
(October 1, 2015 at 2:47 pm)Beccs Wrote:
(October 1, 2015 at 2:45 pm)Crossless1 Wrote: In all fairness, 13-year-olds swear -- just not very skillfully. They may as well learn how to do it right.

Of course they do.

But if a 13 year old who is questioning their beliefs comes here and sees us acting like 4 year olds we'll likely drive them back into those very beliefs.

Of course, it works both ways.

It was a joke.
(October 1, 2015 at 10:38 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(October 1, 2015 at 10:29 am)robvalue Wrote: If you get to tell us what beliefs we have as atheists (this seems to be all you do actually), then we can do the same for theists. You're a Hindu.

Hindus believe in the caste system.
Hindus often kill those who kill cows.
Hindus believe in dozen of Gods.
Most Hindus priests use drugs to get high.

Little Rik must be a bad Hindu because he doesn't do all these things.  Smile

No, you're just bad at logic. Some Hindus do some of those things; other Hindus do not.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(October 1, 2015 at 12:38 pm)Luckie Wrote:
(September 30, 2015 at 5:38 pm)Homeless Nutter Wrote: Even though wishful thinking morons, like Little cRiket have been trying to do that for tens of thousands of years.

It only took science less than 100 years, between theory of evolution and discovery of genetics, confirming it. Yet magic people are still as deep in the woods, as they ever were.

(September 30, 2015 at 9:51 pm)RaphielDrake Wrote: You're right. Lets assume theres an afterlife. That is after all the only scientific option left by your extremely convincing and 100 percent fact checked... poem?

Do you ever catch yourself wondering what someone like you is doing actually existing as opposed to being a fictional character in a precautionary tale about the dangers of being so far up your own arse you can taste your next speech?

Moderator Notice
I don't like being ignored, I really don't. I suggest you take my advice, ladies or gentlemen, and cool it. 

Otherwise, the question is:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFsCWInk00MdGmi9zNo8d...FuzVrEGkWk]

Out of all the quotes you could of chosen you pick mine. Seriously?
Thats like picking the hamburglar out of a line up of deathrow inmates.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
Luckie was talking to everyone, not just you RD. Please don't turn a routine speedbump into something it's not.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I apologize for being harsh on the Little one. Sometimes, when one talks to a wall for too long - it's hard to resist the urge to take a p*ss...

Tongue
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christian and Atheism Worldwide Demographics: Current Realities and Future Trends. Nishant Xavier 55 2941 July 9, 2023 at 6:07 am
Last Post: no one
  How do I deal with the belief that maybe... Just maybe... God exists and I'm... Gentle_Idiot 75 6858 November 23, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How may one refute the religious stonewall argument "all is one"? Osopatata 29 2899 December 21, 2020 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Philosophical Failures of Christian Apologetics, Part 11: The Holy Spirit Cepheus Ace 18 3125 June 22, 2020 at 7:45 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Belief in God is a clinic Interaktive 55 5977 April 1, 2019 at 10:55 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  Is atheism a belief? Agnostico 1023 88745 March 16, 2019 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Catharsis
  Isn't Atheism anti Christian than anti religious? Western part atleast Kibbi 14 3601 October 5, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Do you know that homeopathy doesn't work, or do you just lack belief that it does? I_am_not_mafia 24 5389 August 25, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Two Myths I Wish Atheists Would Stop Buying Into Rhondazvous 26 4841 June 7, 2018 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Why Atheism/Secular Humanism... Part II TheReal 53 26156 April 23, 2018 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: Mystic