Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 1, 2024, 3:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bible way to Heaven
RE: Bible way to Heaven
(October 11, 2015 at 9:20 am)Randys brother Wrote:
(October 11, 2015 at 9:17 am)Stimbo Wrote: Oh, and by the way:

So that means if you think am winning in the,argument then you will try to destroy my evidence right?

(October 11, 2015 at 9:15 am)Stimbo Wrote: And how do you know it's the "word of God"?

Aarchaeology proving it's true.

*sigh* The archaeology is against almost every point the Bible makes. It is fairly clear that, for instance, Jericho was never a walled fortress conquered by anyone anywhere near the time when Joshua would have had to exist, and that there was no mass migration of Hebrews from Egypt at that time, and that Egypt controlled the place they went to in the story, at the time (indeed, was fighting a border war with the Hittite empire just north of Canaan, at the time). This information was clearly not available to the priests who were making up a collective history of Israel/Judea for the people returning from the Exile in Babylon, so they could establish an "historical" claim to control of the people in that region and a collective identity that could help them stick together. They cobbled together a semi-coherent book from the fragments of scripture of the various peoples of the area, excised the polytheistic roots of the Hebrews (leaving a few traces, though most of the evidence of it comes from archaeology), and formed what we now think of as the Old Testament.

The flood is not only not supported, it is against every known law of physics, a fact which the writers were obviously unaware as they plagiarized the story from Sumerian/Chaldean legends and adapted it to the Hebrew history-tale they were weaving.

The Creation myth is not only blatantly silly (night and day were created before the sun... oops!) and defiant of everything we know about science from actually investigating the question systematically, it indicates a genetic bottleneck that would show up in modern DNA testing, due to all the incest, a factor which simply does not show up. How can it not be obvious to you that its writers simply did not know about genetics, physics, chemistry (claiming we are made from molded clay, which is made of Aluminum-Silicate and other similar inorganic molecule crystals, not the stuff humans are made of), and biology?

Archaeology shows that there was no unified and powerful Hebrew Empire, as claimed in the stories of David and Solomon, and that the descriptions given of their powerful kingdom were in reality small outposts and mediocre villages during the 10th century BCE. All the evidence of that era is 9th century or later. Except for a small, hard core of Evangelical Literalists who struggle to keep believing in the tales as-written, no serious scholar thinks that the Bible is valid archaeology.

Continue in your delusion if you want, but we actually read from multiple sources and grasp the actual historical record, which does not  support the claims you are making here. No matter how many times you repeat your drivel it will become no more true than it was last time. Go read some books not written by people who already agree with you, for fork's sake!

That is why we call you arrogant. You already claim to have all the answers, from the Napkin you worship, and you openly admit that nothing could ever make you change your mind. How can you expect us to take you seriously after making a statement like that?

You're saying: "My mind is totally closed. I refuse to learn anything I don't already agree with. You should listen to me!"

GTFOH with that nonsense. Rolleyes
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

(October 11, 2015 at 9:36 am)Randys brother Wrote:
(October 11, 2015 at 9:31 am)dyresand Wrote: Spoiler alert

Sorry but no you lost. You seriously need to check what you read because you know people of faith forge "evidence"
there is literally none zero zilch NEIN evidence to prove the  bible
We always get theses sceptics and minimalists don't we?

The middle one even a ministry has accepted that well there is no historical or archaeological proof of their belief. And its not because people are skeptics people have legitimately looked for evidence and found nothing. People have forged evidence like finding a piece of Noahs ark and stuff like that. When it comes down too it the stories in the bible are stolen from other mythologies and compiled  into one religion so yeah there is not going to be historical  or archaeological evidence by a religion that plagiarized most of it's contents.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Or let's put an alternative question to Randy's brother.

Say I wanted to become a theist, how would I know to believe the Bible, the Quran or Joseph Smith's book of Mormonism?
(October 11, 2015 at 9:46 am)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote:
(October 11, 2015 at 9:20 am)Randys brother Wrote: So that means if you think am winning in the,argument then you will try to destroy my evidence right?

Aarchaeology proving it's true.

Dodgy 
I don't agree with Finkelstein israel,who is a minimalist, someone who detests the very idea of God and who strives mightily to debunk each and every statement in the Bible. 
Alas for the minimalists, pretty much every other week some archaeologist uncovers yet another proof that the Bible is true. It has really been a very discouraging few decades for them, hasn't it? 

Not that mere proof has stopped Finkelstein and his ilk from continuing to do as much harm as they can, bless their unhappy little hearts. And to think that there are people who insist there is no God when we have people like Finkelstein. After all if there is no God, why is he exhausting himself trying to prove to other people God doesn't exist? WHy not spend his time in wine, women, and song? Personally, I consider Finkelstein and his cohorts proof positive of the existence of God. 

David and Solomon were fictional characters, insisted the minimalists! And they kept that up, right up until the ninth-century BC stone tablet was found at Tel Dan and there was the radio carbon dating at Megiddo that confirmed the existence of David. 

Now all Finkelstein can mutter on about is how, well, maybe there really was a David, but he was only a pathetic, little king, nothing as grand as the Bible suggests. 

Yes, that is how badly Finkelstein and the minimalists have been refuted. Between that and the blinding, horrifying, massive proof of evil in our midst - the murder of one hundred and fifty million people by the atheist communists, all within living human memory - you would think that the atheists would be sensible and retire to their lairs to drink themselves to death. Never seems to happen, however. 
Here are good books to refute everything that poor Finkelstein has written: 
The Archaeology of Ancient Israel by Amnon Ben-Tor for the Old Testament
Ancient Israel in Sinai by James Hoffmeier for Genesis
There are many critic's against him,

Believing in what you said will only get me to Hell.

(October 11, 2015 at 10:06 am)I_am_not_mafia Wrote: Or let's put an alternative question to Randy's brother.

Say I wanted to become a theist, how would I know to believe the Bible, the Quran or Joseph Smith's book of Mormonism?

Compare them.

Why believe in Christianity over all other religions?

(October 11, 2015 at 9:58 am)dyresand Wrote:
(October 11, 2015 at 9:36 am)Randys brother Wrote: We always get theses sceptics and minimalists don't we?

The middle one even a ministry is accepted that well there is no historical or archaeological proof of their belief. And its not because people are skeptics people have legitimately looked for evidence and found nothing. People have forged evidence like finding a piece of Noahs ark and stuff like that. When it comes down too it the stories in the bible are stolen from other mythologies and compiled  into one religion so yeah there is not going to be historical  or archaeological evidence by a religion that plagiarized most of it's contents.

If your really interested in wanting to know if the bible is true,make the effort to watch the video please.
(October 11, 2015 at 10:14 am)Randys brother Wrote:
(October 11, 2015 at 10:06 am)I_am_not_mafia Wrote: [...]Say I wanted to become a theist, how would I know to believe the Bible, the Quran or Joseph Smith's book of Mormonism?
Compare them.

To what? Because when you compare them to reality - they all look like the same nonsensical horse-sh*t, for weak-minded people.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(October 11, 2015 at 10:21 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote:
(October 11, 2015 at 10:14 am)Randys brother Wrote: Compare them.

To what? Because when you compare them to reality - they all look like the same nonsensical horse-sh*t, for weak-minded people.
Manny Pacquiao 
His a boxer and christian is he weak minded?
[Image: pacquiaotax_3249079b.jpg]
These people got persecuted for being Christian,they were given the chance to become Muslim but they refused do you think they are weak minded?
[Image: 10389696_447197225429202_3632980844268856187_n.jpg]
The Pope He speaks to a thousand people face to face,you think his weak minded?
[Image: Pope-Francis.jpg]
Yes and especially yes, respectively. The pope doesn't even have an excuse, because it's his job. Either he truly believes in fairytale nonsense, making him an idiot, or he doesn't and he's getting paid for a job he knows is a lie.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(October 11, 2015 at 10:45 am)Randys brother Wrote: Manny Pacquiao 
His a boxer and christian is he weak minded?

The pope He speaks to a thousand people face to face,you think his weak minded?

Yes and yes. What's your point?
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
That's an even bigger idiot than Randy, if it isn't just a Poe. These people in the ISIL picture are probably muslim. Hijacking them adds insult to injury. It's like pissing on their graves.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(October 11, 2015 at 10:14 am)Randys brother Wrote:
(October 11, 2015 at 9:46 am)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote:

Dodgy 
I don't agree with Finkelstein israel,who is a minimalist, someone who detests the very idea of God and who strives mightily to debunk each and every statement in the Bible. 
Alas for the minimalists, pretty much every other week some archaeologist uncovers yet another proof that the Bible is true. It has really been a very discouraging few decades for them, hasn't it? 

Not that mere proof has stopped Finkelstein and his ilk from continuing to do as much harm as they can, bless their unhappy little hearts. And to think that there are people who insist there is no God when we have people like Finkelstein. After all if there is no God, why is he exhausting himself trying to prove to other people God doesn't exist? WHy not spend his time in wine, women, and song? Personally, I consider Finkelstein and his cohorts proof positive of the existence of God. 

David and Solomon were fictional characters, insisted the minimalists! And they kept that up, right up until the ninth-century BC stone tablet was found at Tel Dan and there was the radio carbon dating at Megiddo that confirmed the existence of David. 

Now all Finkelstein can mutter on about is how, well, maybe there really was a David, but he was only a pathetic, little king, nothing as grand as the Bible suggests. 

Yes, that is how badly Finkelstein and the minimalists have been refuted. Between that and the blinding, horrifying, massive proof of evil in our midst - the murder of one hundred and fifty million people by the atheist communists, all within living human memory - you would think that the atheists would be sensible and retire to their lairs to drink themselves to death. Never seems to happen, however. 
Here are good books to refute everything that poor Finkelstein has written: 
The Archaeology of Ancient Israel by Amnon Ben-Tor for the Old Testament
Ancient Israel in Sinai by James Hoffmeier for Genesis
There are many critic's against him,

Believing in what you said will only get me to Hell.

(October 11, 2015 at 10:06 am)I_am_not_mafia Wrote: Or let's put an alternative question to Randy's brother.

Compare them.

Why believe in Christianity over all other religions?

(October 11, 2015 at 9:58 am)dyresand Wrote: The middle one even a ministry is accepted that well there is no historical or archaeological proof of their belief. And its not because people are skeptics people have legitimately looked for evidence and found nothing. People have forged evidence like finding a piece of Noahs ark and stuff like that. When it comes down too it the stories in the bible are stolen from other mythologies and compiled  into one religion so yeah there is not going to be historical  or archaeological evidence by a religion that plagiarized most of it's contents.

If your really interested in wanting to know if the bible is true,make the effort to watch the video please.
 You are already on a path to the boiling pot of torment, 50,000 years of endless boiling and suffering.
I weap for your lost soul.
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Way, the Truth, and the Ugly LinuxGal 0 506 October 1, 2023 at 11:45 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 47685 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Is there free will in Heaven? zwanzig 54 5689 April 12, 2021 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  A.S.K. your way to proof. Drich 378 48235 June 13, 2020 at 6:38 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  In what way is the Resurrection the best explanation? GrandizerII 159 18776 November 25, 2019 at 6:46 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  New way: Open Source Christianity Born in Iran. A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c 28 4901 September 9, 2018 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Eternity in Heaven - Scary? JairCrawford 47 6805 July 26, 2018 at 2:43 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Pope Francis -- dogs go to Heaven! Jehanne 34 6213 October 19, 2017 at 3:46 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  There is a difference between salvation, and the rewards of Heaven Drich 45 14734 July 31, 2017 at 9:27 am
Last Post: Drich
  Yeah He's Crazy But In A Nice Way Minimalist 21 6770 July 2, 2017 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd