Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 9, 2024, 6:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Personal relationships with deities
RE: Personal relationships with deities
Deities are all the same: none will talk to you.
Dying to live, living to die.
(October 12, 2015 at 6:04 pm)jenny1972 Wrote: if santa wouldve kept delivering goodies after i grew up i would totally still believe in him , but he was a proven verifiable hoax , and sorry i dont follow religious doctrines from people i dont personally know .

You need to learn the burden of proof... you don't need to disprove something stupid to not believe in it.... you need valid evidence first.
(October 12, 2015 at 6:11 pm)Evie Wrote:
(October 12, 2015 at 6:04 pm)jenny1972 Wrote: if santa wouldve kept delivering goodies after i grew up i would totally still believe in him , but he was a proven verifiable hoax , and sorry i dont follow religious doctrines from people i dont personally know .

You need to learn the burden of proof... you don't need to disprove something stupid to not believe in it.... you need valid evidence first.

yes i needed valid evidence to believe in santa i didnt get that after childhood therefore i didnt continue to believe . God i did not believe in until adulthood when God gave me valid evidence after which i believed .
Imagine there's no heaven It's easy if you try No hell below us Above us only sky Imagine all the people Living for today   FSM Grin   Imagine there's no countries It isn't hard to do Nothing to kill or die for And no religion too Imagine all the people Living life in peace You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you will join us And the world will be as one  - John Lennon

The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also  - Mark Twain
God cannot give you valid evidence for himself that's circular logic!

"God told me he exists... I know it's not the voice in my head and it really is God because it said so and it is God."
(October 12, 2015 at 6:17 pm)jenny1972 Wrote:
(October 12, 2015 at 6:11 pm)Evie Wrote: You need to learn the burden of proof... you don't need to disprove something stupid to not believe in it.... you need valid evidence first.

yes i needed valid evidence to believe in santa i didnt get that after childhood therefore i didnt continue to believe . God i did not believe in until adulthood when God gave me valid evidence after which i believed .

You mean the snow thing?
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
(October 12, 2015 at 6:19 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote:
(October 12, 2015 at 6:17 pm)jenny1972 Wrote: yes i needed valid evidence to believe in santa i didnt get that after childhood therefore i didnt continue to believe . God i did not believe in until adulthood when God gave me valid evidence after which i believed .

You mean the snow thing?

yes that and also the daily communication thing
Imagine there's no heaven It's easy if you try No hell below us Above us only sky Imagine all the people Living for today   FSM Grin   Imagine there's no countries It isn't hard to do Nothing to kill or die for And no religion too Imagine all the people Living life in peace You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you will join us And the world will be as one  - John Lennon

The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also  - Mark Twain
(October 12, 2015 at 6:35 pm)jenny1972 Wrote:
(October 12, 2015 at 6:19 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: You mean the snow thing?

yes that and also the daily communication thing

Does god call you up on the phone? Do you call him? Does he stop by your house? Text? Email?

How's the "communication" thing work, exactly?
(October 12, 2015 at 6:18 pm)Evie Wrote: God cannot give you valid evidence for himself that's circular logic!

"God told me he exists... I know it's not the voice in my head and it really is God because it said so and it is God."

who else can give me valid evidence of existence but God ? if i do not see or hear or feel something or perceive it in some way im not going to believe it exists . i never said "God told me he exists... I know it's not the voice in my head and it really is God because it said so and it is God." you must be quoting someone else

(October 12, 2015 at 6:39 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote:
(October 12, 2015 at 6:35 pm)jenny1972 Wrote: yes that and also the daily communication thing

Does god call you up on the phone? Do you call him? Does he stop by your house? Text? Email?

just thoughts

(October 12, 2015 at 6:43 pm)jenny1972 Wrote:
(October 12, 2015 at 6:39 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: Does god call you up on the phone? Do you call him? Does he stop by your house? Text? Email?

just thoughts

Then how do you know they're not just thoughts? How do you know your thoughts are communication with a deity?
(October 12, 2015 at 6:57 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote:
(October 12, 2015 at 6:43 pm)jenny1972 Wrote: just thoughts

Then how do you know they're not just thoughts? How do you know your thoughts are communication with a deity?

i just know the thoughts are not a product of my own mind , these thoughts sometimes i understand right away sometimes not but my own mind knows the difference i know the difference between my thoughts and thoughts that are not from me theyre very different than my own that im familiar with .

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proof of Jesus through Personal testimony. Christianity over other faiths orthodox-man 46 8661 January 29, 2018 at 10:05 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Personal experience says religious folks are more prone to mental diseases ErGingerbreadMandude 20 7928 August 9, 2017 at 11:11 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Personal Angel of Death? brewer 11 3475 January 2, 2016 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  The argument from personal discomfort robvalue 23 4871 November 12, 2015 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Christian Personal Prophecy Question DarkHorse 4 1451 February 27, 2014 at 9:23 am
Last Post: DarkHorse
  PERSONAL BELIEF QUIZ Gooders1002 22 8119 May 7, 2012 at 1:00 am
Last Post: Annik
  Your Personal Hell Deluxe Cinjin 35 14021 December 22, 2011 at 11:31 pm
Last Post: Rokcet Scientist
  Why Religion is corrupt (on a personal note) WWLD 44 17636 February 7, 2009 at 12:54 pm
Last Post: chatpilot
  My personal experience with Pentecostalism chatpilot 4 2154 January 24, 2009 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: chatpilot