Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proof of Jesus through Personal testimony. Christianity over other faiths
Proof of Jesus through Personal testimony. Christianity over other faiths
I have read some posts which say the bible cannot be used to prove Jesus ever existed. My question is, why then, are there testimonies of people from other faiths who say they converted due to experiences they had with Jesus? Many people for example say they were close to dying or had a traumatic disease, asked Allah or Krishna (depending on their faith) for help with no response. However, when they asked Jesus, a bright light appeared and saved them. Examples are:
>snip<
there are many more examples of these. Why is it that even in meditation, near death experiences, and dreams that many people who convert say their own deities didn't help them when they were being attacked or had issues, but Jesus did? I'm not saying there isn't a rational explanation for this (it could easily be mind trickery here) but I just wonder, why do all these stories seem to suit Christians and not other faiths? I've even used google translate to look on google in the middle east or google india to see if there are testimonies of Islamic/Hindu people seeing their deities, but I cannot find it. What is the cause for this? 
RE: Proof of Jesus through Personal testimony. Christianity over other faiths
Administrator Notice
Please read our rules: http://www.atheistforums.org/rules.php

We do not allow new users to link to outside content until they have accrued both 30 days of membership and 30 posts.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Tell me something, O/M.  Do you believe every fucking thing you read on the internet or only the shit that supports your predetermined views?
I'd suggest an introduction thread, but I don't really care.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Hey op....and there he goes likely to never post again.
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

Hello ................. Good Bye.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(January 21, 2018 at 6:55 pm)orthodox-man Wrote: I have read some posts which say the bible cannot be used to prove Jesus ever existed. My question is, why then, are there testimonies of people from other faiths who say they converted due to experiences they had with Jesus? Many people for example say they were close to dying or had a traumatic disease, asked Allah or Krishna (depending on their faith) for help with no response. However, when they asked Jesus, a bright light appeared and saved them. Examples are:
>snip<
there are many more examples of these. Why is it that even in meditation, near death experiences, and dreams that many people who convert say their own deities didn't help them when they were being attacked or had issues, but Jesus did? I'm not saying there isn't a rational explanation for this (it could easily be mind trickery here) but I just wonder, why do all these stories seem to suit Christians and not other faiths? I've even used google translate to look on google in the middle east or google india to see if there are testimonies of Islamic/Hindu people seeing their deities, but I cannot find it. What is the cause for this? 

Ortho, you're obviously and painfully biased.  There's a "story" to support everything. If you want to find stories about how real Jesus is and how fake everyone else is - you will.  As will all those pagans you're so opposed to.

Let me explain to you what the terms 'work of fiction' and 'propaganda' mean.
Oh never mind. You're not going to listen anyway. Have a good life. Try not to kill any non-believers.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Before we get into that.
Care to explain to me why people are deconverted from christianity? Either to other religions or to no religion at all?
Why, if do so many people become disilussioned by what is supposed to be the 'real religion', if thats what you are getting at. If it is true and absolute and glorious and fullfilling and soul-feeding and guiding and ... Why would anyone ever change their mind?

And if... And I'm not presuming it is... But IF your go-to-answer is; people fall out of christianity because they lie to themselves and want to live in sin...
Why would that explanation, poor though it might be, not explain the same for people flocking away from another religion, if said religion was real?
"If we go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, suggesting 69.
[Image: 41bebac06973488da2b0740b6ac37538.jpg]-
(January 21, 2018 at 6:55 pm)orthodox-man Wrote: I have read some posts which say the bible cannot be used to prove Jesus ever existed. My question is, why then, are there testimonies of people from other faiths who say they converted due to experiences they had with Jesus? Many people for example say they were close to dying or had a traumatic disease, asked Allah or Krishna (depending on their faith) for help with no response. However, when they asked Jesus, a bright light appeared and saved them. Examples are:
>snip<

It is the supreme modesty of our most glorious Lord Krishna, OM, which makes him the object of all worship. Haven't you read the Bhagavad Gita?

The Poet Sanjaya Wrote:O son of Kunti, even those devotees who faithfully worship other gods also worship me. But they do so by the wrong method.

Clearly Lord Krishna, who answers the prayers made to all other gods, is rewarding prayers given to Jesus because they are made with a sincere heart. None match Lord Krishna's modesty and benevolence. Next time you pray to Jesus, try to keep in mind who is really receiving the prayer.

Om Shanti.
>snip<

Delusion.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing about religious (and other) people and the illusion of free will ShinyCrystals 265 10895 December 6, 2023 at 12:21 am
Last Post: Harry Haller
  What is a theist other then the basic definition? Quill01 4 706 August 1, 2022 at 11:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  forbidding people to love each other Fake Messiah 210 23093 September 16, 2021 at 1:23 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Flat Earther, and other conspiracy theories. Are they mostly atheists? Ferrocyanide 95 6149 April 26, 2021 at 3:56 am
Last Post: Tomatoshadow2
  "Thou shalt have no other gods before Me" ignoramus 121 20518 March 5, 2021 at 6:42 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Always Proof Your Yeast! Fuck Proof of Gods! chimp3 12 1957 September 9, 2018 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Why do some moderates get so attached to other believers? Der/die AtheistIn 4 1246 December 19, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I had a religious experience the other night I_am_not_mafia 34 5380 November 22, 2017 at 9:44 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  How has the church lost power through time? Macoleco 10 989 September 28, 2017 at 8:46 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  How Do Christians Feel About the Testimony of Muslims and Vice Versa? Rhondazvous 24 4478 September 22, 2017 at 9:34 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd