Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 3:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What are the evidence for no god?
RE: What are the evidence for no god?
Blondie, you say we're rude and close-minded, then why not just leave? 

Personally, I will lend an ear to any theist who comes on this website with an understanding of the lion's den they are walking into. 

This isn't a Christian website where you can argue from a position of pure faith (which you do) and expect people to just say, "I respect your beliefs." We here look at things from a perspective of logic and reason, and nothing of what you have said thus far reflects that. Would you spend much time or effort on a grown adult who wants to tell you why their imaginary friend is so fantastic and why you should believe in him too? No. And that's what people like you sound like, delusional, primitive creatures who are so entrenched in ancient myths that you refuse to accept modern science and wish the rest of the world would deny it too. 

You say that you don't care what we think of you. But if our opinion of you really didn't matter to you, then you wouldn't continue to post replies telling us how mean we are. How close-minded we are. I'm not sure how rejecting that which cannot be supported by reason, logic, and science is "close-minded". I think you're just hurt because we don't subscribe to your bullshit dogma. That's the thing with Christians. Society doesn't like to pick on you because you're the majority, so when you actually come across individuals who call you out on your bullshit, you're too thin-skinned to take it. 

There have been reasonable theists on here. Theists whose views I can respect. You are not one of them.
(October 18, 2015 at 12:50 pm)drfuzzy Wrote:
(October 18, 2015 at 7:48 am)Blondie Wrote: I really thought some people had some actual intelligence on this site for an open discussion.  I should have known better than that given the site's name.  People on here are very closed-minded.  You don't want to except that someone has a different opinion than you do so you cast them off as retarded idiots.  There are very few well educated atheists, but others like to chase off anyone who does believe in God, but the same treatment is not given to someone who believes in a freaking spaghetti monster.  Seriously?  Has most people on this site have been dropped on their heads by their momma?  Can mankind really be this stupid?   Rolleyes

Seriously?  You really think we believe in the FSM???  It's satire.  It was created to show theists what their religion looks like to us.

I thought on this site anything goes. Maybe in your eyes theists are the same, but there are major differences on the belief viewpoints.
(October 18, 2015 at 12:55 pm)Blondie Wrote:
(October 18, 2015 at 12:30 pm)Crossless1 Wrote: Great. You're not a whiner. You're just being metaphorically crucified. Now if we're done with the drama queen bullshit, do you have something to add to the actual topic of this thread, or is it really about you?

Believe on on the drama queen crap and no this is not about me.  I did run into this site on accident.  Now with that being said.  I hope everyone is over the name calling so that this forum can really be used for the soul purpose of contributing to each other without a closed-mind.  Religion has its problems and theories have a set of problems on its own.  Some theories have been proven true while some are speculation as evidence will either eventually disprove or prove to be true. While some will always be speculation.  Perception of anything is how the human mind perceives it no matter what belief or non-belief each one has on this site. No one knows everything.

Just to be clear, you're a biology major who rejects the fundamental, central organizing theory of biology . . . but you're not close-minded.

Ok, got it.   Undecided
Blondie, I'm sorry I've been away for a moment; I had to go run some errands. Back, now. With food! Big Grin

My major was also pre-med biology with a minor in chemistry (and a second minor in history). I went on to a year of a Master's program in viral genetics, but had to drop out to get a "real" job, since I was supporting myself and the stipend just didn't keep up.

However, our classes seem to have taught very different things! What I learned in Invertebrate Zoology and Comparative Anatomy alone taught me enough to recognize that all animal life on earth shares common ancestry, let alone my courses in genetics and biochem.

Again, I want to reiterate what I said in my previous post; I think you're the victim of some malicious programming by people with a religious agenda no less sinister than that of the ultra-nationalist Zionists in Tel Aviv, or the Imams of Mecca. The reason I am taking the time to explain these things to you is because I think you are telling the truth, and you are honest enough to consider elements you may never have looked at closely, before. I also want to repeat what I said before, when I pointed out that my fiancee is still Christian who is currently teaching her Sunday School class, and also a working geneticist.

Finally, I want to point out that few of us left because we were angry at something in our church. I was angry to learn that I had been systematically lied to, yes, but my experience in the church was wonderful. I knew lots of great people, got to have a lot of amazing experiences as a result (yes, even Cross Lanes Baptist Church), especially with the Louisiana All-State Baptist Youth Choir. No one was mean to me, I never felt excluded, and my whole family remain churchgoers except for my two siblings (sister converted to Paganism and my brother became an "Ijustdontgiveafuckist", as he puts it, and he married an atheist whom I loathe). The only issue was that I grew up without a television, and so I read a LOT of books, and managed to pick up enough science that I could spot the mistakes preached to us by a Creationist evangelist who came to speak at our church. When I asked questions to clarify, I was told that "man's knowledge" was suspect, and I should "just believe". This was utterly the WRONG thing to say to me. I looked into it more deeply, and realized this version makes a LOT more sense... and I understood why it was so important for the church leaders to keep us in the dark without us realizing we were being kept in the dark. If someone has to teach you to fear knowledge or treat education as suspect, it's a good bet you're in a cult.

When you repeat the common slander spoken to us almost every day here (and often in real life), that we must have a reason for disbelief (such as sin or willfulness) other than "that belief appears to be totally wrong to me", it comes across as bigotry, and people who have prejudiced things said to them tend to react fairly bitterly. Can you grasp why that would be so in any community?

It may not be fair to characterize your words as bigotry, as you seem to me to be a nice, well-intentioned (but misled) person... but that's like telling an African American that even though you're in a white advocacy group, you're not like the extremist White Supremacists, and you really meant "darkie" in the best way possible! See?
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

(October 18, 2015 at 1:01 pm)Blondie Wrote:
(October 18, 2015 at 12:50 pm)drfuzzy Wrote: Seriously?  You really think we believe in the FSM???  It's satire.  It was created to show theists what their religion looks like to us.

I thought on this site anything goes. Maybe in your eyes theists are the same, but there are major differences on the belief viewpoints.

One more reason I think Christianity is false. You can hardly get Christians to agree what is christian.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
(October 18, 2015 at 1:01 pm)Blondie Wrote: I thought on this site anything goes. Maybe in your eyes theists are the same, but there are major differences on the belief viewpoints.

Yes, we know. We have quite a bunch of christians, who are here for a healthy discussion or just to have some fun. Hint, they quite obviously don't follow your particular brand of christianity.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(October 18, 2015 at 3:24 am)Blondie Wrote:
(October 17, 2015 at 10:29 pm)drfuzzy Wrote:
[quote='Nay_Sayer' pid='1087858' dateline='1445130361']
Op this should be easy for you;  Some these skulls are Ape and some of these are Human
  [Image: 10307l_X2.jpg] [Image: 2_small.png]

Well op this one should be easy, After all we share no relation to the apes, so Which one these is the Human Embryo?
Yes one of them is.
PS:RAmen
PPS: Keep on trollin

According to the court system, life does not begin at conception so try again.

I don't care. Answer the question which is an Ape Embryo and which is the Human one. Come on McTroll it should be obvious.
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

(October 18, 2015 at 12:49 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(October 18, 2015 at 12:48 pm)abaris Wrote: Scratches head ... wonders if troll, sock, Poe or common idiot.

I think it maybe Randys Bro back yet again.

I think that Randy went back to his Catholic site, bitching and whining about his supposedly unfair treatment (while no doubt neglecting to mention that he was banned for serial plagiarism), and that has resulted in this recent influx of Catholic idiots -- the Bro and all the rest.
(October 18, 2015 at 1:07 pm)Crossless1 Wrote:
(October 18, 2015 at 12:49 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: I think it maybe Randys Bro back yet again.

I think that Randy went back to his Catholic site, bitching and whining about his supposedly unfair treatment (while no doubt neglecting to mention that he was banned for serial plagiarism), and that has resulted in this recent influx of Catholic idiots -- the Bro and all the rest.

While  leaving out the fact he was being a stupid cunt  pissing everyone off and breaking forum site rules.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(October 18, 2015 at 12:33 pm)JesusHChrist Wrote: Dear sweet Blondie! You would make a perfect minion for Satan. Satan a coward? That's not the Beelzebub I know!

Satan is the real God, not your pathetic Christ who can't even muster up the energy to "come back" after two thousand years. It is Christ that has YOU fooled. A pathetic worthless God he is. Can you get your God to do anything? Call him up! Maybe he is sleeping? Why, it's almost as though he doesn't exist!

You can't "tread all over Satan"! How would you go about doing this? Satan will turn you into a newt! And no getting better either! Once a newt, you stay a newt.

Satan has told me He has many demons He will send your way. He wants your soul and will stop at nothing to get it!

It may take some time, but be on the lookout for one of Satan's demons. Sometimes, they come disguised as Mormons, JWs and evangelical Christians preaching at the top of their lungs.

Welcome them Blondie! For Satan intends to put you in your place!

Maybe you should pray to Satan for Blondie's soul?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Historical Evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Nishant Xavier 38 2598 August 7, 2023 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  When were the Gospels Written? The External and Internal Evidence. Nishant Xavier 62 3478 August 6, 2023 at 10:25 pm
  Veridical NDEs: Evidence/Proof of the Soul and the After-Life? Nishant Xavier 32 1758 August 6, 2023 at 5:36 pm
  Isaiah 53, 700 B.C: Historical Evidence of the Divine Omniscience. Nishant Xavier 91 4985 August 6, 2023 at 2:19 pm
  Conscience and the Moral Argument as Evidence for the Goodness of God. Nishant Xavier 162 8396 July 9, 2023 at 7:53 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Signature in the Cell: DNA as Evidence for Design, beside Nature's Laws/Fine-Tuning. Nishant Xavier 54 2967 July 8, 2023 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Why the resurrection accounts are not evidence LinuxGal 5 1072 October 29, 2022 at 2:01 pm
  Legal evidence of atheism Interaktive 16 2680 February 9, 2020 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Evidence for Believing Lek 368 51115 November 14, 2019 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
Information The Best Logique Evidence of God Existence Nogba 225 25277 August 2, 2019 at 11:44 am
Last Post: comet