Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 28, 2024, 6:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why the "There are so many interpretations of the Bible" claim is confused
RE: Why the "There are so many interpretations of the Bible" claim is confused
(October 27, 2015 at 7:07 pm)Delicate Wrote: As I pointed out earlier, nobody believes it is necessary such that if someone dies on their way to their baptism they are going to hell. Catholics, and many other denominations reject such a notion of necessity.
Yes, some people do.  You have no excuse for not knowing this..I've seen you use the term that refers to them.   Amusingly, until recently, catholics...a non-trivial number of christians, believed that unbaptized children were not saved.  

Quote:And I'm inclined to think that's the vein the SA interpretation follows.

But even if we do assume this rigid doctrinal difference, it's still not widespread enough. 1/33,000 isn't widespread. 

Oh, sorry. 3/33,000. Or 0.00009 %
You're inclined to many things, apparently, including deliberate and persistent dishonesty.  These are the fruits by which I know the tree.

Are you really going back to denying reality, dismissing your fellow believers, and generally painting a bad picture of christendom?  Am I supposed to stop you from doing any of this? These differences aren't important to you, regardless of how important they may be to those who hold them - and we already know that. They are, however, precisely what you asked for, precisely what you claimed did not exist. You are not treating the subject, your own faith, with dignity or respect.

It's mission accomplished, as far as I'm concerned, when I can get a christian to treat christianity worse than I do. Carry on soldier, your service is appreciated.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 27, 2015 at 7:10 pm)Rhythm Wrote:
(October 27, 2015 at 7:07 pm)Delicate Wrote: As I pointed out earlier, nobody believes it is necessary such that if someone dies on their way to their baptism they are going to hell. Catholics, and many other denominations reject such a notion of necessity.
Yes, some people do.  You have no excuse for not knowing this..I've seen you use the term that refers to them.   Amusingly, until recently, catholics...a non-trivial number of christians, believed that unbaptized children were not saved.  

Quote:And I'm inclined to think that's the vein the SA interpretation follows.

But even if we do assume this rigid doctrinal difference, it's still not widespread enough. 1/33,000 isn't widespread. 

Oh, sorry. 3/33,000. Or 0.00009 %
You're inclined to many things, apparently, including deliberate and persistent dishonesty.  These are the fruits by which I know the tree.

Are you really going back to denying reality, dismissing your fellow believers, and generally painting a bad picture of christendom?  Am I supposed to stop you from doing any of this?  These differences aren't important to you, regardless of how important they may be to those who hold them - and we already know that.  They are, however, precisely what you asked for, precisely what you claimed did not exist.  You are not treating the subject,  your own faith,  with dignity or respect.

It's mission accomplished, as far as I'm concerned, when I can get a christian to treat christianity worse than I do.  Carry on soldier, your service is appreciated.

I'm not responsible for your comprehension difficulties, Rhythm.

I think it's best you bow out. You can mumble obscenities and accuse me of dishonesty. I understand that's how atheists respond when they are lost and confused and haven't been paying attention.
Left...right.....left, Joe.

When you're done throwing a tantrum I'll still be here, still giving you what you claim to require, still exposing the weakness of your personal faith.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 27, 2015 at 7:39 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Left...right.....left, Joe.

When you're done throwing a tantrum I'll still be here, still giving you what you claim to require, still exposing the weakness of your personal faith.

So many missionaries come here half expecting appreciation from us when all along there are a few good atheists trying their level best to save them right back.  Bless you Rhythm.  I admit I have much fewer fucks to give about the delusions cherished by the 'faithful'.  Fuck em'.
(October 27, 2015 at 7:07 pm)Delicate Wrote:
(October 27, 2015 at 12:55 am)Thena323 Wrote: I've done so. I've provided links demonstrating significant variances in interpretation of Scripture regarding baptism that directly relate to the core doctrine of Salvation by Grace.

Read the rest of the sentence of mine that you bolded. Simply demonstrating differences is not enough. Differences alone means your case has failed.

I think now's a good time to give up on the hapless flailing. It's not gonna happen- you, nor anybody else, are not going to be able to make this case.

Grow the hell up.

The case has been made, and the answers have been provided to you repeatedly.

You respond to the facts that are presented to you by essentially saying "Nuh-uh!" and rescripting your so-called challenges, so that it appears as if the terms aren't being met. This little ruse of yours is dishonest, immature, and completely unimaginative....which in turn, makes it transparent as hell. 

Pretty disgusting, actually.
She is delicate. She can't be exposed to reality.
(October 27, 2015 at 8:48 pm)Thena323 Wrote:
(October 27, 2015 at 7:07 pm)Delicate Wrote: Read the rest of the sentence of mine that you bolded. Simply demonstrating differences is not enough. Differences alone means your case has failed.

I think now's a good time to give up on the hapless flailing. It's not gonna happen- you, nor anybody else, are not going to be able to make this case.

Grow the hell up.

You respond to the facts that are presented to you by essentially saying "Nuh-uh!" and rescripting your so-called challenges, so that it appears as if the terms aren't being met. This little ruse of yours is dishonest, immature, and completely unimaginative....which in turn, makes it transparent as hell. 

The willfully ignorant will remain so. There's no changing it by fact or fiction.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(October 27, 2015 at 8:48 pm)Thena323 Wrote:
(October 27, 2015 at 7:07 pm)Delicate Wrote: Read the rest of the sentence of mine that you bolded. Simply demonstrating differences is not enough. Differences alone means your case has failed.

Grow the hell up.

Wow. Very emotionally flamboyant. If I were an atheist, I would be immediately convinced by your theatrical rhetoric.

But sadly I'm not.

Do you have a clear conception of what my "challenge" in fact is?
(October 27, 2015 at 7:39 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Left...right.....left, Joe.

Well, you've imagined you've met my three criteria. You've imagined I'm dishonest simply because I don't agree with you.

Are you capable of imagining I'm throwing a tantrum?

Sure, why not. Keep imagining.

When you get back to reality, remind yourself that you tried to tell me that a diverging view that amounts to  0.00009 % of groups counts as widespread. 

That way we can both laugh together.

Widespread indeed.
There WAS only one way to interpret my book, then you dicks went and translated it without my approval.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One God versus many T.J. 42 3215 December 6, 2021 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Why does there need to be a God? Brian37 41 7219 July 20, 2019 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  [Serious] Freemasons: why is there such a negative view of this group? GODZILLA 8 1447 February 4, 2019 at 6:43 am
Last Post: GODZILLA
  Why do some believers claim that all religions are just as good? Der/die AtheistIn 22 3930 June 25, 2018 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Satanic Bible vs Christian Bible ƵenKlassen 31 7760 November 27, 2017 at 10:38 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Why the Texas shooting is not evil, based on the bible Face2face 56 15831 November 16, 2017 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  What gives a religion the right to claim their fantasy is correct and the rest false? Casca 62 6714 November 20, 2016 at 4:53 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  How many churches/mosques/temples do you see everyday? Casca 23 3063 October 25, 2016 at 11:38 am
Last Post: TheRealJoeFish
  Can anyone please refute these verses of Quran (or at least their interpretations)? despair1 34 6238 April 24, 2016 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  why there are homosexuals lions? truth search 24 3720 December 22, 2015 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: ignoramus