Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 15, 2024, 4:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TWD Season 6
RE: TWD Season 6
I wouldn't mind if the whole cast of FTWD gets wiped out. I only cared about that paranoid Knife boy. I didn't really watch the last few episodes so I probably shouldn't even talk haha
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
TWD Season 6
I didn't think FTWD was that bad, I mostly just thought it was slow.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
I thought FTWD was okay, but I doubt I will continue with it. I have too many other shows to watch. Unless I'm bored one day with nothing to do and decide to see if FTWD improved upon itself.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
well if they do just 6 episodes, you can probably binge watch them after each season
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

The first season isn't over, I'm certain.

At least I hope not.

What kind of network does a six episode show?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(October 27, 2015 at 11:00 am)SnakeOilWarrior Wrote:
(October 27, 2015 at 10:51 am)Clueless Morgan Wrote: I thought they had already been renewed for a second, and maybe a third, season?

Could be. Not sure I'll bother with it though. The idea of a heron addict being mentally tough enough to deal with the walking dead stretches credulity too far. One impossibility is the most any show can hope to get it's viewers to support in their suspension of disbelief.

That doesn't make any sense. The whole premise is an impossibility. All fiction is an impossibility in a way, if you think about it. Do you dislike all fiction?

I think TFWD set out to properly tell the story they wish they had told in the original series. And that's why I appreciate it. It has some incredible gems in it after so much preambulatory material, gems which you couldn't get otherwise. In that way, it's more akin to a good novel, so it builds up certain things to the point where having paid attention all the way through pays off in the end.
(October 28, 2015 at 12:59 am)Kitan Wrote: The first season isn't over, I'm certain.  

At least I hope not.

Um... The Walking Dead in it's first season...

Breaking Bad's first season was 7 episodes.

The BBC Sherlock has only ever done 3-episode seasons.

(October 28, 2015 at 9:48 am)excitedpenguin Wrote:
(October 27, 2015 at 11:00 am)SnakeOilWarrior Wrote: Could be. Not sure I'll bother with it though. The idea of a heron addict being mentally tough enough to deal with the walking dead stretches credulity too far. One impossibility is the most any show can hope to get it's viewers to support in their suspension of disbelief.

That doesn't make any sense. The whole premise is an impossibility. All fiction is an impossibility in a way, if you think about it. Do you dislike all fiction?

I sort of agree and disagree with you both. Tongue

With SOW, I agree that some of the things FTWD is asking its viewers to overlook are extraordinary, but in the pursuit of a good story I'm willing to accept quite a lot of impossibilities: I love the Harry Potter books and there's more than one impossible premise there. I would say that there's more than one impossible premise in GOT and LOTR, too, and those are good books/stories/shows.

The key, for me, is whether or not the story is compelling and interesting, not tallying up the numbers of impossibilities I'll have to overlook.

With that said, I agree with the sentiment of Penguin that SOW's statement seems a little overblown, but I disagree with the statement that "all fiction is an impossibility in a way" - I would limit such a statement to science fiction/fantasy because there's nothing inherently impossible about a book that doesn't introduce anything supernatural or technologically beyond our capabilities. For example, there's nothing inherently impossible about the story of Elizabeth and Darcy in Pride and Prejudice. It's the story of two people falling in love. (I can think of other examples, but this is the most well-known one that other people are likely to know.)

Quote:I think TFWD set out to properly tell the story they wish they had told in the original series.

I disagree - I think they are capitalizing on a popular show by telling the audience a slightly different story. I actually think the beginning of TWD (the first and second episodes) is much more successful in terms of story-telling than FTWD

Quote:And that's why I appreciate it. It has some incredible gems in it after so much preambulatory material, gems which you couldn't get otherwise. In that way, it's more akin to a good novel, so it builds up certain things to the point where having paid attention all the way through pays off in the end.

If FTWD had been a novel I probably would have given up on it because it's pace is sooooo sloooow...

And are you saying that TWD doesn't build up certain things to the point where paying attention pays off in the end?
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
(October 28, 2015 at 10:54 am)Clueless Morgan Wrote:
(October 28, 2015 at 12:59 am)Kitan Wrote: The first season isn't over, I'm certain.  

At least I hope not.

Um... The Walking Dead in it's first season...

Breaking Bad's first season was 7 episodes.

The BBC Sherlock has only ever done 3-episode seasons.

(October 28, 2015 at 9:48 am)excitedpenguin Wrote: That doesn't make any sense. The whole premise is an impossibility. All fiction is an impossibility in a way, if you think about it. Do you dislike all fiction?

I sort of agree and disagree with you both. Tongue

With SOW, I agree that some of the things FTWD is asking its viewers to overlook are extraordinary, but in the pursuit of a good story I'm willing to accept quite a lot of impossibilities: I love the Harry Potter books and there's more than one impossible premise there.  I would say that there's more than one impossible premise in GOT and LOTR, too, and those are good books/stories/shows.

The key, for me, is whether or not the story is compelling and interesting, not tallying up the numbers of impossibilities I'll have to overlook.

With that said, I agree with the sentiment of Penguin that SOW's statement seems a little overblown, but I disagree with the statement that "all fiction is an impossibility in a way" - I would limit such a statement to science fiction/fantasy because there's nothing inherently impossible about a book that doesn't introduce anything supernatural or technologically beyond our capabilities.  For example, there's nothing inherently impossible about the story of Elizabeth and Darcy in Pride and Prejudice.  It's the story of two people falling in love.  (I can think of other examples, but this is the most well-known one that other people are likely to know.)

Quote:I think TFWD set out to properly tell the story they wish they had told in the original series.

I disagree - I think they are capitalizing on a popular show by telling the audience a slightly different story.  I actually think the beginning of TWD (the first and second episodes) is much more successful in terms of story-telling than FTWD

Quote:And that's why I appreciate it. It has some incredible gems in it after so much preambulatory material, gems which you couldn't get otherwise. In that way, it's more akin to a good novel, so it builds up certain things to the point where having paid attention all the way through pays off in the end.

If FTWD had been a novel I probably would have given up on it because it's pace is sooooo sloooow...

And are you saying that TWD doesn't build up certain things to the point where paying attention pays off in the end?

Yes, I'm basically saying TWD is shit and you just don't get FTWD. There.

I meant fiction is impossible in the sense that... You know, it's fiction. I went too far with it to prove my point.
For anyone interested in taking a second look into Glenn's possible fate:  

WARNING:*Video contains VIOLENT GORE and SPOILER*

(October 28, 2015 at 12:18 pm)Thena323 Wrote: For anyone interested in a closer look:  

WARNING:*Video contains VIOLENT GORE and SPOILER*

LOL Yeah... I guess it's a good thing we all already know with a video name and still like that... Angel

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The end of TWD Foxaèr 14 1421 January 29, 2023 at 3:38 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Eight years later, 'Dexter' is returning for a ninth season Foxaèr 28 3332 November 25, 2022 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Uberpod
  Pern, Season One. Gawdzilla Sama 11 667 September 7, 2018 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Anyone else watching season 2 of Legion? The Industrial Atheist 2 494 April 16, 2018 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  The X-Files season 11 Foxaèr 12 1015 March 12, 2018 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  TWD S08 Foxaèr 12 1791 December 11, 2017 at 12:39 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The Walking Dead, Season 7-*SPOILERS ABOUND* Athene 120 12567 May 6, 2017 at 2:19 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Rick and Morty: Season 3 premiered Autumnlicious 10 1996 April 6, 2017 at 2:11 am
Last Post: AceBoogie
  TWD Season 7 Foxaèr 1 565 October 23, 2016 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  GoT Season 6 Foxaèr 1 589 April 23, 2016 at 2:45 am
Last Post: Excited Penguin