Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 27, 2024, 2:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Witness Evidence
RE: Witness Evidence
He's a believer.  That comes naturally.
(November 15, 2015 at 9:14 pm)Rhythm Wrote: The charges won't stick if it's just the two of you's word against each other.  Bad analogy, so who cares? If he claims you shot him..but you don't own a gun, there are no powder marks on your hand, and you were somewhere else at the time.........then there's no need to wonder about the reliability of his memory, eh? If you own a gun, have powder marks, were at the scene, and the bullet in his leg matches the barrel of your gun..it doesn't matter if he remembered the details wrong, the charges would still stick.

There is absolutely -nothing- for you down this road. You're wasting your time.

If you would like to answer the question, then feel free. However, if you are just going to twist the details to avoid answering it...then you are just wasting my time.
What details, details are factual...not an issue of "eyewitness testimony"...and that's what we keep telling you. If someone says you shot them, you say you didn't, and there is no evidence..I'll tell them to go fuck themselves.

So will you, or do you feel the need to defend yourself against people who claim that you've perpetrated phantom crimes?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Right. If I turn up at court and just say you shot me, and I have no proof whatsoever it was you, the case would be thrown out. It's useless on its own.

If you actually did it however, it's a memory that's likely to be seared into my brain. However many small details I get wrong, the idea that you shot me will be very clear and easy to remember. But it's still useless as evidence on its own. Of course, there is the chance the memory will be wrong. This would emerge at trial.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(November 15, 2015 at 9:27 pm)Rhythm Wrote: What details, details are factual...not an issue of "eyewitness testimony"...and that's what we keep telling you. If someone says you shot them, you say you didn't, and there is no evidence..I'll tell them to go fuck themselves. So will you.

So given the best conditions for multiple witness testimony, and no other evidence other than the bullet in your leg... But no other physical evidence. You would say that we cannot really know what happened..... That you could not really know what happened? I find this ridiculous!
What you (think you) know and what you can demonstrate to be true are two different things.

Some things can be true and are impossible to prove/demonstrate to be true. That's too bad. It's better than believing everything anyone ever tells you.

And yes, I highly doubt the testimony of several people would be enough to mark you as the shooter if there is no physical evidence. And it's not beyond the realms of possibility that their memories are wrong/corrupted/have synchronised after discussion.

Even if the jury could read your mind, the memories could be wrong. But since they can't, you're expecting them to just take your word (and whoever else's word).
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
You're still referring, principally, to -actual- evidence.  There's at least a bullet in the guys leg.  That would be reason to investigate, but not enough to convict any specific person.

You'll need more than a bunch of people saying "this guy did it", because that's a lynching, not justice. You understand this perfectly well, so stop disrespecting yourself and your audience.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Quote:"You're still referring, principally, to -actual- evidence.  There's at least a bullet in the guys leg.

Gaze through the Second Amendment thread.  There are lots of people who shoot themselves in the leg and initially claimed that "some " (usually) "black guy shot them" only to admit later on that they shot themselves. 

In many jurisdictions that is not even a crime until they file a false police report.
As bad as our system is or can be, "Bill said that nigger shot him" doesn't work - even where the crosses still burn.  Evidence must be provided, even if that evidence is fabricated. The day the only thing standing between me and the needle is eyewitness testimony, is the day I expatriate.
So then none of you would press charges against me, unless there was physical evidence to show it was me, who shot you? With what you are describing any experience, even scientific endeavors seem to be questionable at best.
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video Neurosurgeon Provides Evidence Against Materialism Guard of Guardians 41 5711 June 17, 2019 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  The Philosophy of Mind: Zombies, "radical emergence" and evidence of non-experiential Edwardo Piet 82 14240 April 29, 2018 at 1:57 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  If God is a witness to all things... Mystic 50 7807 October 18, 2017 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Testimony is Evidence RoadRunner79 588 129752 September 13, 2017 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Is the statement "Claims demand evidence" always true? Mudhammam 268 39394 February 3, 2017 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: WisdomOfTheTrees
  Anecdotal Evidence RoadRunner79 395 62477 December 14, 2016 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  What philosophical evidence is there against believing in non-physical entities? joseph_ 150 14864 September 3, 2016 at 11:26 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  The nature of evidence Wryetui 150 17877 May 6, 2016 at 6:21 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence RoadRunner79 184 33847 November 13, 2015 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Miracles are useless as evidence Pizza 0 1279 March 15, 2015 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Pizza