Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 10:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If God is a witness to all things...
If God is a witness to all things...
If God is a witness to all things.....

Then all things would exist according to his perception.

His perception would be a perfectly accurate judgment to what they are.

And if that is true, the nature of things would be that they are illuminated to existence by his vision.

Does something see us as we truly are?
Is it us or something else that sees?
If it is us and we misjudge do we disappear?
And if it's not us, what is this vision that sees us exactly as we are?
Or there is no accurate us,
And our self-analysis is close enough.
But close enough to what?
If not the true accurate self?
Which again is defined by what?
Or do we exist without requiring perception?
But look at yourself and look at your properties?
Are they not all by awareness and perception?
Who is keeping score of your actions?
What maintains the image of your personality?
What makes you inherit your actions?
RE: If God is a witness to all things...
(October 8, 2017 at 10:05 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: If God is a witness to all things.....

That's a big "if."  Until you can demonstrate empirically that your god actually exists, all you have is empty words praising a fiction.
(October 8, 2017 at 10:08 pm)Astreja Wrote:
(October 8, 2017 at 10:05 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: If God is a witness to all things.....

That's a big "if."  Until you can demonstrate empirically that your god actually exists, all you have is empty words praising a fiction.

Read the poem - and if you think about what is proven with the if.... you will realize there is no other way. There is an accurate perceiver to who we are and that makes us inherit our actions if we truly exist, and we surely truly exist.
I read the poem. In no way do I interpret any of it as having to do with god.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(October 8, 2017 at 10:13 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: I read the poem.  In no way do I interpret any of it as having to do with god.

I wrote and definitely intended to remind of God. Heart
(October 8, 2017 at 10:11 pm)MysticKnight Wrote:
(October 8, 2017 at 10:08 pm)Astreja Wrote: That's a big "if."  Until you can demonstrate empirically that your god actually exists, all you have is empty words praising a fiction.

Read the poem - and if you think about what is proven with the if.... you will realize there is no other way. There is an accurate perceiver to who we are and that makes us inherit our actions if we truly exist, and we surely truly exist.

I did read what you wrote.  It was not in the least bit inspiring.  All you are doing is making unsupported assertions.  It is a non sequitur to say "we exist; therefore, someone is accurately perceiving us."

Oh, and actions are not "inherited."  They are performed.
If Batman was a witness to all things, there would be a lot less crime in Gotham.

What?  God is fictional and so is Batman.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
(October 8, 2017 at 10:34 pm)drfuzzy Wrote: If Batman was a witness to all things, there would be a lot less crime in Gotham.

What?  God is fictional and so is Batman.

For people who mention god's "omniscience", I've started linking them to a page about Marvel characters who are omniscient.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

Doesn't follow.

Quote:His perception would be a perfectly accurate judgment to what they are.
Doesn't follow.

Quote:And if that is true, the nature of things would be that they are illuminated to existence by his vision.
If two things that don't follow are true, then a third thing that doesn't follow would be true?

Why is this in the philosophy section.  Humor seems more appropriate. Replace "god" with "Khem"...see if you still agree. Then, try Snoopy. Finally, a squirrel.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

His perception would be a perfectly accurate judgment to what they are.

And if that is true, the nature of things would be that they are illuminated to existence by his vision.

Does something see us as we truly are?
Is it us or something else that sees?
If it is us and we misjudge do we disappear?
And if it's not us, what is this vision that sees us exactly as we are?
Or there is no accurate us,
And our self-analysis is close enough.
But close enough to what?
If not the true accurate self?
Which again is defined by what?
Or do we exist without requiring perception?
But look at yourself and look at your properties?
Are they not all by awareness and perception?
Who is keeping score of your actions?
What maintains the image of your personality?
What makes you inherit your actions?

You're still making a problem of one point not logically following from another. Just because you witness something doesn't mean it exists according to your perception. It exists whether you perceive it or not. And whether his perception is accurate or not is still debatable. Somewhat more likely, since he can see two sides of the same coin, but how he interprets things can still be false. Like the idea of men and women not being equal. That's kind of a dumb idea, no matter how you look at it. At least as far as most modern audiences are concerned.

You kind of have to get past that before you move onto those other strange questions.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Witness Evidence RoadRunner79 248 36160 December 17, 2015 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Illogical things can be real, like God, I have an idea orlox 30 7235 February 4, 2014 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  Morality, Justice, Greatness - do these things prove God? Mystic 25 9740 March 5, 2012 at 1:20 am
Last Post: AthiestAtheist