Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 3:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TWD Season 6
RE: TWD Season 6
Overall impression of the episode was good. I liked that Daryl is embracing his new recruiter role, and I also kind of like that he got burned by it. I wonder how he'll get his crossbow back? I totally didn't get the Abraham-walker stare-down. On the one hand I get that this might have been intended to be his cathartic "get his wits back" moment, but it just seemed melodramatic. Honestly, staring-contests aren't great for creating drama. They are great for creating laughs, tho.

(November 16, 2015 at 6:47 am)Thena323 Wrote: The creepy exchange between Abraham and Sasha was actually the most terrifying scene of the episode...Help!

That came out of nowhere to me and totally didn't get it. I understand that "lasting relationships" are going to be hard to find and a struggle to maintain in this kind of world so I wasn't all that surprised at the thought that Abraham and Rosita sort of fizzled out, but I thought it was bizzare that he suddenly turned his eye to Sasha. There was no build-up to that.

(November 16, 2015 at 7:30 am)Exian Wrote: I guess the writers needed to pick someone who was "every man" enough to bat out of his league and yet be rooted for; an age old tv trope.

Um... Daryl.

Or do you consider him bordering on superhero because of his survival skills?

(November 16, 2015 at 8:18 am)Exian Wrote: Isn't it obvious? What do zombies want? Brains. What does standing on the wall display? A lack of brains. It's genius!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Thanks for making my Tuesday morning worth it, Ex Big Grin

I'm wondering if they're going to wait until the mid-season finale to show that Glenn is still alive.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
Oh, yeah, Daryl needs to find a lady who needs his protection. I was really hoping for a long term Beth thing. He needed her just as much. Abraham also has the big goofy thing going- think King of Queens, Still Standing, Grounded for Life, to name some recent ones.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Daryl can't be with a woman, or anyone for that matter. He rides alone. That's what happens when you have the means to bathe, but choose not to. If I want to push people away, I'll just ignore them or be rude.  Not washing your ass could work just as well, though (haha).

I think there's only 1 episode left until the midseason finale. I expected that either Glenn will be found alive OR Rick's infected hand will be "dealt with", probably not both. I figured seeing Rick's hand crudely cut off would be a more shocking ending for the last episode, but that sounded like Glenn on the radio. Maybe I should expect a different cliffhanger altogether.
I think Sasha's gonna die soon. They're gonna take us along for the budding relationship so her death stings a little more.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
The d-bag producers love doing that. 
Remember good old Bob? In love, optimistic and full of hope.... only to wind up bitten and slow roasted.
(November 17, 2015 at 11:18 am)Exian Wrote: Oh, yeah, Daryl needs to find a lady who needs his protection.

There's no way Daryl would kick it with a chick who isn't bad-ass or self-sufficient in her own right.

Quote:I was really hoping for a long term Beth thing.

That's part of the reason I was so pissed that they killed her off, along with the fact that at that point in the series she had way more potential to be an interesting character than Maggie in the sense that she had more room to grow as a character.  She just needed someone to help her learn some skills, and that was Daryl.

They should have gotten a spin-off show. Big Grin

(November 17, 2015 at 12:31 pm)Thena323 Wrote: Daryl can't be with a woman, or anyone for that matter. He rides alone.

LOL

Quote:That's what happens when you have the means to bathe, but choose not to. If I want to push people away, I'll just ignore them or be rude.  Not washing your ass could work just as well, though (haha).

I don't imagine not washing would matter to someone who really dug you.  I mean, we're talking about a world full of stinking corpses running around after you, I don't imagine smell is an impediment anymore. Cool Shades

Quote:I think there's only 1 episode left until the midseason finale.

Really? Don't they usually do 8 or 9 episodes before a break?
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
(November 18, 2015 at 7:19 pm)Clueless Morgan Wrote:
Quote:I think there's only 1 episode left until the midseason finale.

Really? Don't they usually do 8 or 9 episodes before a break?

The mid-season finale "Start to Finish" airs November 29th. That'll make 8.
(November 18, 2015 at 7:45 pm)Thena323 Wrote:
(November 18, 2015 at 7:19 pm)Clueless Morgan Wrote: Really? Don't they usually do 8 or 9 episodes before a break?

The mid-season finale "Start to Finish" airs November 29th. That'll make 8.

So is there no episode on the 22nd?

Or am I crazy?

Is it actually Thanksgiving tomorrow and I've missed and entire week?

I'M SO CONFOOOOZED!!
So, has TWD improved from season 5?
Dying to live, living to die.
(November 18, 2015 at 8:46 pm)Clueless Morgan Wrote: So is there no episode on the 22nd?

Or am I crazy?

Is it actually Thanksgiving tomorrow and I've missed and entire week?

I'M SO CONFOOOOZED!!
Yes! November 22 "Heads Up" will air...episode 7.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The end of TWD Foxaèr 14 1409 January 29, 2023 at 3:38 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Eight years later, 'Dexter' is returning for a ninth season Foxaèr 28 3302 November 25, 2022 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Uberpod
  Pern, Season One. Gawdzilla Sama 11 661 September 7, 2018 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Anyone else watching season 2 of Legion? The Industrial Atheist 2 483 April 16, 2018 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  The X-Files season 11 Foxaèr 12 1012 March 12, 2018 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  TWD S08 Foxaèr 12 1782 December 11, 2017 at 12:39 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The Walking Dead, Season 7-*SPOILERS ABOUND* Athene 120 12534 May 6, 2017 at 2:19 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Rick and Morty: Season 3 premiered Autumnlicious 10 1989 April 6, 2017 at 2:11 am
Last Post: AceBoogie
  TWD Season 7 Foxaèr 1 565 October 23, 2016 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  GoT Season 6 Foxaèr 1 587 April 23, 2016 at 2:45 am
Last Post: Excited Penguin