Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 22, 2024, 11:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Again, 'Murrica. How Many More
RE: Again, 'Murrica. How Many More
(December 3, 2015 at 5:59 pm)DespondentFishdeathMasochismo Wrote:
(December 3, 2015 at 5:44 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Your 'friend' is an idiot.

Boru
I'd appreciate if you didn't talk that way about my friend.

The single quotation marks around friend was a dead giveaway that he was talking about you. Your reply confirms the validity of his statement.
(December 3, 2015 at 8:18 am)DespondentFishdeathMasochismo Wrote: I would like to see all guns banned outright in the entire country.

Saddam allowed everyone to have fully automatic weapons.
(December 3, 2015 at 6:15 pm)Cato Wrote:
(December 3, 2015 at 5:59 pm)DespondentFishdeathMasochismo Wrote: I'd appreciate if you didn't talk that way about my friend.

The single quotation marks around friend was a dead giveaway that he was talking about you. Your reply confirms the validity of his statement.
Oh, that's stupid. I didn't make that recording, I haven't read that book they're talking about, I don't even smoke weed.
(December 3, 2015 at 8:26 am)DespondentFishdeathMasochismo Wrote:
(December 3, 2015 at 8:23 am)KUSA Wrote: Even the military and police?

No, just for civilians. I'd like to see all the red necks be like "YOU CAN'T TAK MUH GURRN" then turn their house into a bunker and get blown up by the swat team. It'd be a fantastic circus if all of a sudden they were trying to get all the red necks to give up their guns. 

Besides that little bit of funny fantasy, I do believe this country has a really big problem with what we call the right wing. They don't want to make a single fucking change to the gun laws in our country. I doubt that all the guns in this country are even registered. I want them to have common sense gun regulation laws, I want them to have lots of background checks, there should be a long period of training and tests, just like people who drive a car, to check for competence. I honestly wouldn't give a single fuck if all guns were banned outright, I would be really happy to see that happen actually.
That's too damn funny!  Have you seen the number of "trained" cops who have shot themselves?  All training and testing will do is ensure that people will become better shooters as a group.  It will do nothing to reduce the number of people getting shot.  

Every aspect of possessing guns has already been regulated.  So please list six new regulations that will cover things that haven't already been covered by existing regulations.
(December 3, 2015 at 6:16 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote:
(December 3, 2015 at 8:18 am)DespondentFishdeathMasochismo Wrote: I would like to see all guns banned outright in the entire country.

The terrorist dude? Ok... I don't see what that has to do with american gun policy. lol
(December 3, 2015 at 6:24 pm)DespondentFishdeathMasochismo Wrote:
(December 3, 2015 at 6:15 pm)Cato Wrote: The single quotation marks around friend was a dead giveaway that he was talking about you. Your reply confirms the validity of his statement.
Oh, that's stupid. I didn't make that recording, I haven't read that book they're talking about, I don't even smoke weed.

I suggest you start.
(December 3, 2015 at 6:10 pm)Judi Lynn Wrote:
(December 3, 2015 at 6:05 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Now ask yourself what makes the difference between a criminal and an armed criminal.

My initial answer was going to be there is none, because at the end of the day, they are still breaking the law.
Then I thought about it and I want to say the difference is that the armed criminal is capable of killing someone, but then again, they don't necessarily need to be armed to do that, do they? Someone who commits a hit and run to a pedestrian with their car becomes a criminal the second they leave the scene of the accident. So, there's that variable to consider too.

A car is not designed for the purpose of causing grievous trauma. A firearm has no other purpose, unless you plan to use it as a backscratcher or something.

Ex-East End villain and now chat circuit pundit Dave Courtney, a man used to being shot at, despises guns and the people who carry them. His view is a pragmatic one for a gangster. Basically, taking a gun on a 'job' implies that at some point you are expecting to use it. One simple choice of inappropriate tool and suddenly you're looking at twenty years inside, at least one dead innocent bystander and dozens of destroyed lives, just because someone got twitchy. The crime could have gone ahead anyway, if it needed to happen, without it ending up just another shower of blood and innocent tears on the six o'clock news and then forgotten until the next one.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(December 3, 2015 at 6:16 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote:

The Shiites and Kurds would disagree with you.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(December 3, 2015 at 6:25 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote:
(December 3, 2015 at 8:26 am)DespondentFishdeathMasochismo Wrote: No, just for civilians. I'd like to see all the red necks be like "YOU CAN'T TAK MUH GURRN" then turn their house into a bunker and get blown up by the swat team. It'd be a fantastic circus if all of a sudden they were trying to get all the red necks to give up their guns. 

Besides that little bit of funny fantasy, I do believe this country has a really big problem with what we call the right wing. They don't want to make a single fucking change to the gun laws in our country. I doubt that all the guns in this country are even registered. I want them to have common sense gun regulation laws, I want them to have lots of background checks, there should be a long period of training and tests, just like people who drive a car, to check for competence. I honestly wouldn't give a single fuck if all guns were banned outright, I would be really happy to see that happen actually.
That's too damn funny!  Have you seen the number of "trained" cops who have shot themselves?  All training and testing will do is ensure that people will become better shooters as a group.  It will do nothing to reduce the number of people getting shot.  

Every aspect of possessing guns has already been regulated.  So please list six new regulations that will cover things that haven't already been covered by existing regulations.
No I'm not going to name six new regulations. There's a mass shooting every single day in this country, all the conservatives can do is spout "muh sacred hunting culture" "muh defense against tyrannical government" "people will defend themselves against shooters with guns". How about I don't agree. I would be so happy if every gun was taken out of the hands of every citizen in this country. That's not going to happen though, because there's crazy nutters who have a fetish over weapons, (things that kill people,) and we can't even get a single regulation. How the fuck does that make sense?
(December 3, 2015 at 6:30 pm)Stimbo Wrote:
(December 3, 2015 at 6:10 pm)Judi Lynn Wrote: My initial answer was going to be there is none, because at the end of the day, they are still breaking the law.
Then I thought about it and I want to say the difference is that the armed criminal is capable of killing someone, but then again, they don't necessarily need to be armed to do that, do they? Someone who commits a hit and run to a pedestrian with their car becomes a criminal the second they leave the scene of the accident. So, there's that variable to consider too.

A car is not designed for the purpose of causing grievous trauma. A firearm has no other purpose, unless you plan to use it as a backscratcher or something.

Ex-East End villain and now chat circuit pundit Dave Courtney, a man used to being shot at, despises guns and the people who carry them. His view is a pragmatic one for a gangster. Basically, taking a gun on a 'job' implies that at some point you are expecting to use it. One simple choice of inappropriate tool and suddenly you're looking at twenty years inside, at least one dead innocent bystander and dozens of destroyed lives, just because someone got twitchy. The crime could have gone ahead anyway, if it needed to happen, without it ending up just another shower of blood and innocent tears on the six o'clock news and then forgotten until the next one.

Good argument, however... Whlie a car isn't designed to cause death, it still can. Anything can if you think about it long enough. Case in point: Paper clips. Season 4 of NCIS in an episode where Ziva tells Tony that she can kill him 18 different ways with a paper clip. Granted, the paper clips original intention was to clip papers together. That doesn't mean that at some point someone won't figure out how to use it as a weapon.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many voices will it take? Brian37 20 1427 July 15, 2021 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  NRA, too many hands in the cookie jar? Gawdzilla Sama 11 949 November 28, 2020 at 1:20 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  how many of you think this is still about Mr Floyd? Drich 194 16717 July 6, 2020 at 1:28 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  How many people will die due to covid spread over memorial day CarveTheFive 20 1715 May 19, 2020 at 1:12 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  why are many american obsessed over maintainign the illusion of choice in healthcare? Cepheus Ace 8 1635 October 3, 2019 at 11:44 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Me likey, me likey a lot many! Brian37 18 1393 May 31, 2019 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Tornado Strikes Ottawa Many Homes Destroyed Massive Blackout Across The City Amarok 19 2284 September 24, 2018 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Yup. "Murrica Has No Shortage of Deplorable Motherfuckers Minimalist 202 25028 June 29, 2018 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Joods
  How Many Will Die Because The WLB Is A Fucking Moron? Minimalist 58 8207 December 10, 2017 at 9:48 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  One Hopes He Doesn't Want To Visit Drumpf's 'Murrica. Minimalist 16 2029 May 9, 2016 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon