Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 28, 2024, 12:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Musicians today are fake
RE: Musicians today are fake
(January 7, 2016 at 3:39 am)ApeNotKillApe Wrote: I can personally attest to this; after I listened to trance, I never felt the desire to listen to music again.

The trick is to be very, very high on amphetamines and/or ketamine and out in a field, with a few thousand other half-naked drug enthusiasts around you. It's fun under those circumstances. Listening to the music by itself however, is like eating limes with salt, but without tequilla...
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(January 7, 2016 at 4:04 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote:
(January 7, 2016 at 3:39 am)ApeNotKillApe Wrote: I can personally attest to this; after I listened to trance, I never felt the desire to listen to music again.

The trick is to be very, very high on amphetamines and/or ketamine and out in a field, with a few thousand other half-naked drug enthusiasts around you.

I think they use their drug use to excuse their terrible taste in music, I've listened to that stuff on various drugs and it's always been shit.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
Honestly i don't follow the music industry, if i hear a song i like then i add it to my collection.

I have very few mainstream media songs (i hate love and relationship songs)
I almost exclusively listen to classical music and extreme metal. I'm rarely tempted to listen to the Radio or music on TV.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(January 7, 2016 at 1:33 am)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: I got news. Its always been like this. Look up awards shows from years past. Full of people being pumpted up with all sort of praise, but the second they stop putting albums out, that's it nobody gives a fuck any more. That is why half the 14 year olds with a guitar know the trees, but you never hear a band the partridge family anymore.

Silver linings everywhere, then.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I learned something I didn't know before today. Brian37 18 3026 January 16, 2018 at 7:26 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Musicians of AF, show us your gear! Rev. Rye 13 1606 January 5, 2018 at 10:58 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  You Can't Fake the Funk Thumpalumpacus 13 1190 June 25, 2016 at 4:15 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  What are some Good Atheist Musicians? Shining_Finger 35 8030 October 5, 2015 at 4:23 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Your top three rock/pop musicians Razzle 75 14183 April 30, 2015 at 9:14 am
Last Post: Razzle
  Performers vs Musicians...........OP ED Brian37 12 1821 February 13, 2015 at 9:58 am
Last Post: Alex K