Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 31, 2024, 12:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheists' Attitude?
RE: Atheists' Attitude?
(January 13, 2016 at 5:01 pm)Brian37 Wrote: The OP I hope does not think everyone here agrees with everything Dawkins, or Harris or Hitchens say. Do liberal black Baptist and white liberal Christians agree with white Tea Party gun hugger Evangelical Trump supporters? Both are Christians.

Lol what does being black or white have to do with anything?
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Quote:That is so rude

Glad you sussed it out. I hate being rude when people don't get it.

Quote: I never swore at you or spoke to you in a mean manner.

Feel free. I promised I won't cry if you do.

Quote:Why are you treating me this way?

Because I really, truly, seriously, strenuously dislike you and your snotty manner.

Quote: I'd watch your language if I were you. You might get banned if you don't stop

If I could get banned for the language I use here, I'd've lasted about three posts.

But since my use of salty language seems to have wounded you deeply, from now on, I'll refer to you as 'Mr Silly Poopy Doody Head.'

Kissy smoochy huggy hugs.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 13, 2016 at 5:53 pm)TrueChristian Wrote: I'd watch your language if I were you. You might get banned if you don't stop Undecided

Nope.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(January 13, 2016 at 6:32 pm)Stimbo Wrote:
(January 13, 2016 at 5:53 pm)TrueChristian Wrote: I'd watch your language if I were you. You might get banned if you don't stop Undecided

Nope.

Well, poop!
Dying to live, living to die.
(January 13, 2016 at 5:57 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(January 13, 2016 at 5:01 pm)Brian37 Wrote: The OP I hope does not think everyone here agrees with everything Dawkins, or Harris or Hitchens say. Do liberal black Baptist and white liberal Christians agree with white Tea Party gun hugger Evangelical Trump supporters? Both are Christians.

Lol what does being black or white have to do with anything?

White guys drive like this: *do do do do do*

Black guys drive like this: *doe doe doe doe doe*

/terrible 1990's humor
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
(January 13, 2016 at 6:32 pm)Beccs Wrote:
(January 13, 2016 at 6:32 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Nope.

Well, poop!

Hellz yeah, buddy!  Smile
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(January 13, 2016 at 6:39 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(January 13, 2016 at 6:32 pm)Beccs Wrote: Well, poop!

Hellz yeah, buddy!  Smile

I forgot all about CL's obsession.

Big Grin
Dying to live, living to die.
(January 13, 2016 at 6:32 pm)Stimbo Wrote:

Nope.

My brother. Thumb up

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 12, 2016 at 1:42 pm)TrueChristian Wrote: A dear friend of mine from church was at a gay pride parade this summer. He was just there to talk to the homosexuals gathered, to give them a "different" or "diverse" take on their lifestyle and their consequences. Instead of treating him with respect and dignity the gays ( and one scary lesbian!!!) screamed at him, spat at him and said he was a "creepy fascist" and should "fudge off!"

I do not blame them, so please fudge off.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Quote:A dear friend of mine from church was at a gay pride parade this summer. He was just there to talk to the homosexuals gathered, to give them a "different" or "diverse" take on their lifestyle and their consequences. Instead of treating him with respect and dignity the gays ( and one scary lesbian!!!) screamed at him, spat at him and said he was a "creepy fascist" and should "fudge off!"

That was awful. They should never treated him that way. What they should have done is treated him with love and understanding right up to the point where they gang fucked him bowlegged, since that's clearly why he was there in the first place. I'm very supportive of repressed homosexuals like your friend being helped to find their true selves.

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2236 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet