Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 30, 2024, 9:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay, Catholic and Doing Fine
RE: Gay, Catholic and Doing Fine
I tried "fitting in" for years, henny.

It's depressing and people respect you even less.

Just be yourself. It's nerve-wracking at first but it makes life so much easier
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

(February 9, 2016 at 1:19 pm)Divinity Wrote:
(February 9, 2016 at 1:07 pm)athrock Wrote: So, you're not a Christian anymore because God won't let you have something you want. You stormed out of the church, and now you shake your fist at Him and hurl your choice words at the sky because you're angry at Him.

No, I'm not a Christian because I realized that the bible is pretty fucking stupid, and there's absolutely no reason to believe a goddamn word it says.  I realized that the God everyone talked about, the god that 'loves everybody' wasn't the same god that everyone believes in.  Because that god doesn't love everyone.  It's not unconditional love, it's VERY conditional.  So I say fuck off with that.  It's too fucking stupid for me.

I'm not shaking my fist at your god, because your God doesn't exist.  I'm shaking my fist at your stupid fucking religion, started by people over two thousand years ago that people today believe in for pretty stupid fucking reasons.

Wouldn't it be great if God just let you have your own way all the time?

Pretending he doesn't exist accomplishes that for you except that like the author of the article in the OP, you know you're just lying to yourself.

(And knowing this really, really pisses you off.)
(February 9, 2016 at 1:45 pm)Brian37 Wrote: AGAIN, other people quote different holy books, so what.

You have not a lick of evidence that your god exists even before you get to the first word. And the crap in that comic book is not backed up by science, and as much as you would like to believe it is a moral guide, it is far from one. It is a gang manual.

Nobody is angry at something that does not exist, but yes, we are angry at the bad logic that allows you to cling to such an old comic book. That was then, this was now. We know better now.

Obviously, many more people disagree.

Including many former atheists.
(February 9, 2016 at 2:14 pm)athrock Wrote: Wouldn't it be great if God just let you have your own way all the time?

Pretending he doesn't exist accomplishes that for you except that like the author of the article in the OP, you know you're just lying to yourself.

(And knowing this really, really pisses you off.)

Were you dropped on your fucking head or something as a child?  Or were your parents by chance brother and sister?
(February 9, 2016 at 1:50 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(February 9, 2016 at 11:51 am)athrock Wrote: I don't think you know Jesus Christ or His Catholic Church at all. 

And you choose not to see.

Wow, what a vacuous response.  As vacuous as your stupid book.

If you don't know Jesus, how can you be so confident in your assertions that He never existed or is not God?

If you don't really know what the Catholic Church teaches about homosexuality and about its efforts to help those who are homosexual, then how can you judge it?
Is setting them on fire part of the help?
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
Gay, Catholic and Doing Fine
(February 9, 2016 at 2:18 pm)athrock Wrote:
(February 9, 2016 at 1:50 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: Wow, what a vacuous response.  As vacuous as your stupid book.

If you don't know Jesus, how can you be so confident in your assertions that He never existed or is not God?

If you don't really know what the Catholic Church teaches about homosexuality and about its efforts to help those who are homosexual, then how can you judge it?

How do you know Jesus? You met him before?
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(February 9, 2016 at 1:59 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(February 9, 2016 at 1:51 pm)athrock Wrote: Of course. Like scientists are still relying on some of the laws of physics and mathematics and chemistry that were laid down long ago. Duh.

Okay, so Stalin evolved to kill millions of his own people without giving it a second thought. That was just "survival of the fittest".

We already did this ad nauseam over in the "pop-morality" thread.  Your book is full of atrocities against humanity sanctioned by your God, and no, crying "free will" doesn't cut it.  I'll wipe my ass with your hateful book, how is that for moral?  

You're "free" to do as you please.
(February 9, 2016 at 2:06 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(February 9, 2016 at 1:57 pm)athrock Wrote: As you know, I've spent a LOT of time responding to your posts. (You're the 25-year-old with the bachelor's degree in philosophy who works full time as a social worker who thinks he can take down William Lane Craig who has TWO PhD's in philosophy and spends all HIS time studying the philosophical arguments for God and other apologetics subjects.)

However, maybe I'm wrong.

I will watch your posts for some evidence that you know Jesus and Catholicism well (or at all).

How the hell does having degrees in philosophy (or theology for that matter) make a person an expert in the supernatural?   I got MY PhD from ghost buster's academy, so don't talk to ME about ghosts!  I ain't scared of no ghosts....

Esquilax is exercising her ability to critically think and use common sense.  No advanced degrees necessary.  

My point being that despite her bluster, she would be no match in a formal debate for the better-trained WLC.
(February 9, 2016 at 2:03 pm)athrock Wrote:
(February 9, 2016 at 12:43 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: Source? Other institutions have similar problems, but I'm interested in knowing what study determined that the rate is lower in the RCC.

And those other institutions don't claim to represent God on Earth.

Google it. 

In addition to child molestation issues, the Protestant clergy also has problems with divorce and adultery that the Catholic priesthood does not have for obvious reasons.

And no, those groups don't represent God on earth, but the Church doesn't claim to BE God on Earth...just to be the people of God on earth. The people - all of them combined - are the Church, and we've never claimed to be perfect.

Nope, doesn't work like that. ALL people who claim Jesus is there hero are all CHRISTIANS. How you would like others to behave, or which book you think they should read, or how to interpret it the right way, does not change that they hold the same position you do.

Same with Sunnis and Shiites. Same with Japanese Buddhists and Tibet and Chinese Buddhists. 

You simply like what you believe and your particular sect of Christianity. Just like Baptists and Mormons. 

If any one sect of any one religion magically made an individual good, there would be no prisons. But in reality all nations in the world, regardless of religion, all nations have prisons. Religion is a delusion, not a cure.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good exists - a Catholic comments Barry 619 40593 October 30, 2023 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
Tongue Scrupulosity - a Catholic disorder ? Bucky Ball 2 397 July 27, 2023 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: emjay
  Catholic Church against Cesarean section Fake Messiah 24 4201 August 14, 2021 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Not] Breaking news; Catholic church still hateful Nay_Sayer 18 1750 March 17, 2021 at 11:43 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Catholic churches profit under COVID PPP brewer 19 1463 February 23, 2021 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Catholic Bishops statement on Biden. brewer 9 893 January 25, 2021 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Catholic priests jailed for abusing deaf children zebo-the-fat 14 2660 November 26, 2019 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  This Is Stupid Even For A Catholic School BrianSoddingBoru4 16 2330 September 5, 2019 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  The Catholic Church has a prayer app zebo-the-fat 5 700 January 21, 2019 at 11:00 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  German Catholic Priests Abused More Than 3,600 Kids Fake Messiah 17 2256 September 14, 2018 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama