Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 29, 2024, 3:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baptism and religious family
RE: Baptism and religious family
(March 2, 2011 at 1:38 am)Emporion Wrote: And how would that solve my problem?

Well presumably, you wouldn't want to spend so much time around these parts if so. But I could be wrong.
Our Daily Train blog at jeremystyron.com

---
We have lingered in the chambers of the sea | By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown | Till human voices wake us, and we drown. — T.S. Eliot

"... man always has to decide for himself in the darkness, that he must want beyond what he knows. ..." — Simone de Beauvoir

"As if that blind rage had washed me clean, rid me of hope; for the first time, in that night alive with signs and stars, I opened myself to the gentle indifference of the world. Finding it so much like myself—so like a brother, really—I felt that I had been happy and that I was happy again." — Albert Camus, "The Stranger"
---
(March 2, 2011 at 1:40 am)everythingafter Wrote:
(March 2, 2011 at 1:38 am)Emporion Wrote: And how would that solve my problem?

Well presumably, you wouldn't want to spend so much time around these parts if so. But I could be wrong.

I've just got the perfect idea! I will only post when I have a break.
Being addicted to these forums isn't so bad. It just means you do almost nothing else. Yippee!!
(March 2, 2011 at 10:12 am)DoubtVsFaith Wrote: Being addicted to these forums isn't so bad. It just means you do almost nothing else. Yippee!!

Yeah. Jobs, eating. Not too important.
Our Daily Train blog at jeremystyron.com

---
We have lingered in the chambers of the sea | By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown | Till human voices wake us, and we drown. — T.S. Eliot

"... man always has to decide for himself in the darkness, that he must want beyond what he knows. ..." — Simone de Beauvoir

"As if that blind rage had washed me clean, rid me of hope; for the first time, in that night alive with signs and stars, I opened myself to the gentle indifference of the world. Finding it so much like myself—so like a brother, really—I felt that I had been happy and that I was happy again." — Albert Camus, "The Stranger"
---
Exactly, like I said, it just means you do almost nothing else. Yippee.
(March 2, 2011 at 10:12 am)DoubtVsFaith Wrote: Being addicted to these forums isn't so bad. It just means you do almost nothing else. Yippee!!

Nothing else? Oh, like college, Speed Skating, ebay, playing few iphone games, and learning how to make iPhone apps?

At least I take MY meds.
(February 22, 2011 at 2:13 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Fuck all catholics. Biggest assholes going.

You do not give protestants their due credit. Some of their assholes are many times the size of their brains.

Some are but the key word is "all."

If after all the revelations about the church anyone still calls themselves "catholic" well.....THAT's who I'm talking about.
Yeah, what is it with people so very anxious to indoctrinate their children. Take it from me my dear, you better be damn sure that that guy you want to marry is on board with your way of thinking. I come from a family of religious nut-jobs and you don't want any part of that mess. Catholicism may not be quite as horrific as it use to be, but trust me .... they're still spreading that filthy disease they always have been.

If I wanted to find God I sure as hell wouldn't look in a church. Yikes, I can't think of a place God would want to be further from. (except maybe Africa ... he seems to have written that entire continent off)
(March 3, 2011 at 11:25 pm)Emporion Wrote: At least I take MY meds.

I take mine too. Two 400mg pills of Lithium mood stabilizer a night, an anti-psychotic every night and 4 anti-anxiety meds a day. Also I have a tranquilizer on hold for whenever I need it Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing about religious (and other) people and the illusion of free will ShinyCrystals 265 20909 December 6, 2023 at 12:21 am
Last Post: Harry Haller
  Loving God More Than Your Family & Spouse miaharun 61 11446 November 19, 2015 at 12:07 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  the missing link to God's family JBrentonK 166 36693 November 6, 2015 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: jenny1972
Question I need major help with my Christian Family coolfunkDJ 145 29719 February 14, 2015 at 4:11 pm
Last Post: emilynghiem
  Dealing with your religious family. 5thHorseman 22 7249 February 9, 2015 at 6:45 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
Exclamation Mullah rapes 10 year old, family want to kill child... Mr Greene 38 7481 July 26, 2014 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Religious moderates enable religious extremists worldslaziestbusker 82 34268 October 24, 2013 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: Optimistic Mysanthrope
  The Religious and the fascination with the illuminati and a NWO Gooders1002 17 5687 September 9, 2012 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Beaverton Oregon church sues family after they criticize it online Ziploc Surprise 8 4668 May 16, 2012 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  "Loving" Jesus a.k.a "The Family" Reforged 14 6652 May 5, 2012 at 6:51 am
Last Post: Reforged