Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 1, 2024, 6:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My views on objective morality
(March 9, 2016 at 2:04 pm)Tiberius Wrote:
(March 9, 2016 at 11:34 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: Good on you for cyber-bullying her enough to get her to agree with anything you say rather than waste her time trying to defend herself. You're a credit to something, I'm sure.

That and I'm sure she removed her avatar based on comments made in this thread regarding her appearance and whether or not she was actually a woman. It's petty to attack someone based on their appearance when that has nothing to do with the subject.

Take it easy, I NEVER commented on her appearance. Not once. Let's not start lumping everyone together here. I'm not going to take the blame for something I didn't even fucking say, Nymph.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
RE: My views on objective morality
(March 9, 2016 at 2:32 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(March 9, 2016 at 2:04 pm)Tiberius Wrote: That and I'm sure she removed her avatar based on comments made in this thread regarding her appearance and whether or not she was actually a woman. It's petty to attack someone based on their appearance when that has nothing to do with the subject.

Take it easy, I NEVER commented on her appearance.  Not once.  Let's not start lumping everyone together here.  I'm not going to take the blame for something I didn't even fucking say, Nymph.
Try reading this again. Where did I make this assertion? I believe you are addressing Tibs and not me.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Sorry. My mistake.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

(March 9, 2016 at 2:18 pm)Nymphadora Wrote:
(March 9, 2016 at 11:35 am)LadyForCamus Wrote: Why don't you read the entire thread before passing judgement Mister.  

So you and the handful of people that agree with you have exclusive rights to pass judgement? Because if you can't see that this is exactly what you have done to CL, there is something inherently wrong with you.

Not in any way is this what I am doing or meaning to do. I thought I made this pretty clear in my posts. Especially the one from this morning. If it's not, then as I said, I have not articulated my feelings properly, and will do so more carefully going forward. Doesn't change the fact that I think her God is crappy and inexcusable. But this is in no way a personal attack on CL. Nor do I, nor WILL I ever jump on the bandwagon of bringing someone's looks into a debate.

Agreed that god is crappy and inexcusable. That doesn't make her personally accountable for his actions or lack thereof. Additionally, it wasn't you that brought her looks into this debate. It was someone else.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(March 9, 2016 at 2:14 pm)Nymphadora Wrote:
(March 9, 2016 at 7:31 am)LadyForCamus Wrote: ::bold mine::  Right.  You just don't hold God to those same standards.  Makes sense to me!

Since when is it CL's responsibility to hold a non-human, who hasn't shown up for over 2000 years, to the same standards that she holds actual, live people up to?

For CL, it is an actual live person. Just a matter of consistency.
ntire thread before passing judgement Mister.  
[/quote]

So you and the handful of people that agree with you have exclusive rights to pass judgement? Because if you can't see that this is exactly what you have done to CL, there is something inherently wrong with you.
[/quote]

To be fair about it, I don't see anyone still passing judgement on CL, and a few of you are protecting pets of yours from all criticism as a means of building political clout around here. I still like CL, and I hope she comes back, but she should not be made by any sanctimonious assholes on a power play to believe her comments are above critical analysis, and she opened a serious can of worms with this thread.
Mr. Hanky loves you!
(March 9, 2016 at 2:32 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: Take it easy, I NEVER commented on her appearance. Not once. Let's not start lumping everyone together here. I'm not going to take the blame for something I didn't even fucking say, Nymph.

Did I ever say you did? My response quoted Mister Agenda purely on the cyber bullying point; it wasn't meant as a response to you, or to even involve you, but merely to add that her taking down her avatar was also likely a result of the bullying (not yours, just generally).
(March 9, 2016 at 3:38 pm)Irrational Wrote:
(March 9, 2016 at 2:14 pm)Nymphadora Wrote: Since when is it CL's responsibility to hold a non-human, who hasn't shown up for over 2000 years, to the same standards that she holds actual, live people up to?

For CL, it is an actual live person. Just a matter of consistency.

I'd like to know where she said god is an actual live person. Again, this is like trying to hold CL responsible and accountable for the actions or inactions of god. How is this even remotely fair to her?
Agreed making comments on CLs appearance went a bit too far - nobody deserves that, even when there is a question on whether the beautiful people here are getting special treatment. I think they are, but for fucks sake that isn't her fault!
Mr. Hanky loves you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beauty, Morality, God, and a Table FrustratedFool 23 2368 October 8, 2023 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  On theism, why do humans have moral duties even if there are objective moral values? Pnerd 37 3542 May 24, 2022 at 11:49 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Is Moral Nihilism a Morality? vulcanlogician 140 11397 July 17, 2019 at 11:50 am
Last Post: DLJ
  Subjective Morality? mfigurski80 450 41953 January 13, 2019 at 8:40 am
Last Post: Acrobat
  Law versus morality robvalue 16 1427 September 2, 2018 at 7:39 am
  Objective Standard for Goodness! chimp3 33 6056 June 14, 2018 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Objective morality: how would it affect your judgement/actions? robvalue 42 8638 May 5, 2018 at 5:07 pm
Last Post: SaStrike
  dynamic morality vs static morality or universal morality Mystic 18 3720 May 3, 2018 at 10:28 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  The Objective Moral Values Argument AGAINST The Existence Of God Edwardo Piet 58 14397 May 2, 2018 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Can somebody give me a good argument in favor of objective morality? Aegon 19 4626 March 14, 2018 at 6:42 pm