Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 28, 2024, 2:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Rule: Posting Private Correspondence
RE: New Rule: Posting Private Correspondence
(March 31, 2016 at 4:43 pm)robvalue Wrote: Sure, probably not. I was just explaining how Huggy's signature wasn't randomly taken away as a staff conspiracy as he'd love to think.

That is absolutely correct.
The basic forum conspiracy dance steps go like this:

Staff: [Arrive at a decision]
Member: This is a conspiracy against me!
Staff: Please support that accusation
Member: How can I? It's all done in secret!
Staff: Then you have no basis for saying it's a conspiracy, if you don't know what was discussed

Huggy just has it on a loop, that's all.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Has Huggy "officially" asked for the sig thing back (not exactly what went away)? Through channels, the administration? Filed an appeal? Ya know, kind of the way the rest of the world works?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Fucking conspiracy.

Any of us staff members could literally ban him permanently in about 5 seconds if we so wished. Yet amazingly, here he still is, to tell us how persecuted he is. We don't do it because we believe in proper procedure, and not canning people just because they annoy us.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(March 31, 2016 at 5:03 pm)robvalue Wrote: Fucking conspiracy.

Any of us staff members could literally ban him permanently in about 5 seconds if we so wished. Yet amazingly, here he still is, to tell us how persecuted he is. We don't do it because we believe in proper procedure, and not canning people just because they annoy us.

Well yeah, any of us have the power - but not the authority. If any of us acts unilaterally when we're not empowered to do so, the action will be reversed. It's happened before (not with the current staff).
(March 31, 2016 at 4:43 pm)robvalue Wrote: Sure, probably not. I was just explaining how Huggy's signature wasn't randomly taken away as a staff conspiracy as he'd love to think.

Except your explanation is simply not true. I've provided the evidence that FaF was not misrepresented or taken out of context, I asked him a question and he answered the question, that IS the full context. Backtracking after the fact does not change the original context.

How is this not clear?

Posting the answer alone would take the answer out of context, But including the question with the answer puts the answer in proper context, got it?
Limits on powers in Valhalla ?!?!?!?

Interesting, very interesting.

[scribbles furiously in log book]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(March 31, 2016 at 5:30 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(March 31, 2016 at 5:03 pm)robvalue Wrote: Fucking conspiracy.

Well yeah, any of us have the power - but not the authority.  If any of us acts unilaterally when we're not empowered to do so, the action will be reversed.  It's happened before (not with the current staff).

Oh, of course. But if there was a "fucking conspiracy" and the staff wanted him gone, he'd be gone. We'd just have an evil meeting and ban him because we're evil. The fact that he isn't shows that there is a fair and decent moderation system in place. No one has even tried to off him on the quiet.

It is a great system, that even if a staff member went on a vendetta, it would be reversed like you say. But that relies on a proper system in the first place, not a bunch of corrupt power mongers looking to single out and silence particular people.

We wouldn't even crucify Jesus, which is more than you can say for God.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(March 31, 2016 at 5:39 pm)Huggy74 Wrote:

Except your explanation is simply not true. I've provided the evidence that FaF was not misrepresented or taken out of context, I asked him a question and he answered the question, that IS the full context. Backtracking after the fact does not change the original context.

How is this not clear?

Posting the answer alone would take the answer out of context, But including the question with the answer puts the answer in proper context, got it?

The staff disagrees with your assessment - as I recall, the consensus was that the manner you chose to quote him implied something other than what he meant.

However, I'm not going to waste time digging up the details amongst all the reports on file to refresh my memory.

If you had a problem with the decision, you should have brought it up when it happened. If you did, and we declined to overturn it, well, that's just too fucking bad.

We consider it a closed issue. Time to move on.
Hear, hear.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PSA: Hate Speech, rule 7 arewethereyet 24 2838 September 21, 2023 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  PSA: Update to necroposting rule arewethereyet 51 7217 April 3, 2023 at 2:33 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  PSA: Added to threats rule arewethereyet 8 3013 May 19, 2022 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  PSA: The Necroposting Rule BrianSoddingBoru4 42 7379 April 6, 2022 at 3:03 pm
Last Post: brewer
  PSA - Clarification of rule #3 on doxxing. arewethereyet 18 3952 November 17, 2021 at 5:11 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Serious] Proposing A Rule Change BrianSoddingBoru4 24 5053 June 11, 2020 at 11:30 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  PSA: New Rule BrianSoddingBoru4 75 14058 July 22, 2019 at 8:19 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  The 30/30 rule Losty 3 1301 June 27, 2018 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Pedophilia Rule Modification Tiberius 3 1212 June 27, 2018 at 12:28 am
Last Post: robvalue
  New Rule - Promoting Terrorism Tiberius 65 12120 June 21, 2018 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama