Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 12:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Dr. Craig is a liar.
RE: Dr. Craig is a liar.
(April 16, 2016 at 12:02 am)wiploc Wrote:
(April 7, 2016 at 1:04 pm)SteveII Wrote: It has not been shown he is lying.

It's a trilemma thing:  He makes patently bad arguments because,

1. He's too stupid to know better?
2. He's too ignorant to know better?  Or,
3. He does know better and he is guilty of deliberate misrepresentation. 

I believe that he is really smart, and quite knowledgeable.  I believe, therefore, that he is lying. 

I assume that he is sincere in his beliefs (whatever those quasi-Christian beliefs may be) but that his arguments supporting those beliefs are those of a mountebank, a flamboyant charlatan. 

> You misunderstood the context (there have been a couple of posts about that).

Care to elaborate?  

> He can't help the fact you can't follow him.

Ah, insult.  He may wish that I couldn't follow him.

WLC really throws out false facts ETC he know's he can't win a argument against science he throws out so many facts to were 
the debater would have to refute said things while trying to present a point to the audience he does this so it always make it look like
he came out on top this is why Richard Dawkin's would never debate the guy he would simply loose he nerves like he did
on the big think.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
I do like how a number of those who argued, that something could not always exist... without a cause; have switched to arguing that things can begin to exist without a cause.
Citation? Or merely assertion?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I'm comfortable, with assertion. If someone is interested, they can go and look for themselves, to see those arguing "nothing" as a cause.
Fine, then I'm comfortable with playing Hitchens' Razor.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Ok.... Just making an observation.... people are free to go back and see if they agree, or not. I'm not really that concerned to play the sophism game.
Then perhaps don't initiate the game? Especially when your hand is empty. Just a suggestion for the future.
Now... you are making the claim.... care to give citations.
If you are interested however, you can start here....

http://atheistforums.org/thread-42435-po...pid1239552
Citation 1:

(April 16, 2016 at 9:59 am)RoadRunner79 Wrote: I do like how a number of those who argued, that something could not always exist... without a cause; have switched to arguing that things can begin to exist without a cause.

Citation 2:

(April 16, 2016 at 10:06 am)RoadRunner79 Wrote: I'm comfortable, with assertion. If someone is interested, they can go and look for themselves, to see those arguing "nothing" as a cause.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ham vs. Craig Fake Messiah 22 1928 November 27, 2021 at 11:50 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  William Lane Craig badmouthed Donald Trump. Jehanne 25 3186 August 30, 2020 at 4:14 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  PSA: RationalWiki -- William Lane Craig Jehanne 10 1578 December 14, 2018 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  William Lane Craig's drunken phone call. Jehanne 3 1271 January 13, 2018 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Dr. Craig contradiction. Jehanne 121 26385 November 13, 2017 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  Bill Craig now claiming to have a PhD in Philosophy. Jehanne 26 5753 March 18, 2017 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  William Craig caught in a lie. Jehanne 23 5090 January 7, 2017 at 1:32 pm
  William Lane Craig unmasked. Jehanne 25 4243 December 7, 2016 at 11:27 am
  William Lane Craig denies the number zero. Jehanne 63 7703 October 30, 2016 at 4:54 pm
  William Lane Craig diagnosed. Jehanne 25 5580 May 16, 2016 at 11:22 am
Last Post: abaris