Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 21, 2024, 4:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hope for America!!
RE: Hope for America!!
(April 18, 2016 at 8:38 am)Drich Wrote:
(April 16, 2016 at 3:47 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Looked like a felony assault to me.  Sickening.

No actually it is all perfectly legal in most states.

For now, but we're working to stop you.  Soon we'll have all of your kind enslaved and forced to bake cakes for gay and transexual weddings.
(April 20, 2016 at 5:24 pm)abaris Wrote:
(April 20, 2016 at 5:16 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: hey, Drich, do you advocate the type of child "education" put promoted by the Pearls?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Pearl

Quote:Pearl has stated, "The book repeatedly warns parents against abuse and emphasizes the parents' responsibility to love and properly care for their children, which includes training them for success."

Yea the book also advocates beating babies with a pcp pipe for biting while breastfeeding starting at age 6 months.

It also advocates putting a treat on a blanket and then telling a toddler not to touch it and beating them with a pcp pipe if they touch it.

The book emphasizes the importance of beating your child until their will is broken and they are quiet and still. If they're still kicking and screaming you haven't beaten them enough yet.

That book gave me nightmares.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
But it goes a long way to explain how someone like Drich is possible. You can't blame nature for a thing like that.
(April 20, 2016 at 5:16 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: hey, Drich, do you advocate the type of child "education" put promoted by the Pearls?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Pearl

Ack!  The Pearls.  Train Up a Child --- ewww.
Here's a quote from the book:
"If you are just beginning to institute training on an already rebellious child, who runs from discipline and is too incoherent to listen, then use whatever force is necessary to bring him to bay. If you have to sit on him to spank him then do not hesitate. And hold him there until he is surrendered. Prove that you are bigger, tougher, more patiently enduring and are unmoved by his wailing. Defeat him totally. Accept no conditions for surrender. No compromise. You are to rule over him as a benevolent sovereign. Your word is final."

Angry Mob    I tend to think that the banning of books is criminal.  But for dangerous crap like this, we need to go all Fahrenheit 451 . . .
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
(April 20, 2016 at 6:56 pm)Whateverist the White Wrote: But it goes a long way to explain how someone like Drich is possible.  You can't blame nature for a thing like that.

Well my parents are big fans of this method and I didn't turn out like Drich so I think it's probably a bit of both.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(April 20, 2016 at 5:07 pm)Thena323 Wrote: However, I'm quite willing to keep my trap shut, if you'd quit assuming that any parent that eschews spanking follows this "free range" parenting technique you keep yammering on about. Rolleyes

Exactly. He's got a very big excluded-middle fallacy going on, wherein you either take a weapon to your child, or you're a namby-pamby "hippie" who doesn't issue discipline at all.

But hey -- simple mind have trouble comprehending nuance. Either-or thinking is the best they can do.

There is a range of discipline available to any thinking parent. That clearly excludes Dripshit, who couldn't think his way out of a wet paper bag.

(April 16, 2016 at 3:47 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Looked like a felony assault to me.  Sickening.

It isn't legal here.

I certainly can't help it that you live in a barbaric shithole.
(April 20, 2016 at 5:24 pm)abaris Wrote: Suffice to say that I even consider "training" a dog that way to be a crime. Dogs are sentient creatures, according to newer scientific findings of the intellect of a two to three year old child. They know just as well if you're a bastard or a person and will treat you accordingly.

I'm a redneck -- I don't trust a man a dog don't like. They may not be able to do algebra or write verse, but a dog goddamned well knows a stinker from a jewel.

P.S. no it isn't "perfectly legal in most states", it's explicitly unlawful to use corporal punishment in schools in a majority of states - then again, no one is likely surprised at you talking out your ass again.
19 States currently allow corporal punishment:

-Idaho
-Arizona
-Texas
-Colorado
-Wyoming
-Kansas
-Oklahoma
-Texas
-Missouri
-Louisiana
-Arkansas
-Indiana
-Kentucky
-Tennessee
-North Carolina
-South Carolina
-Georgia
-Florida
-Alabama

Students with disabilities tend to receive corporal punishment at a disproportionate rate compared to students without disabilities in those states. Black students also tend to receive a disproportionate amount of corporal punishment compared to white students.

Violence begets violence. Such outdated practices need to end. Unfortunately they won't as long as we have people who believe that hurting those weaker than yourselves is an appropriate way to punish people.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is this fake news? I hope so, but I do not know... FlatAssembler 5 826 June 2, 2021 at 4:24 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  America's newest chess master Foxaèr 9 638 May 20, 2021 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  [Serious] Josh Hawley is the most dangerous man in America WinterHold 15 833 January 9, 2021 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The REAL Threat To America BrianSoddingBoru4 11 1046 December 15, 2020 at 1:21 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Hope Springs Covid. Brian37 8 760 October 2, 2020 at 9:49 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  America’s Chief Export BrianSoddingBoru4 107 6194 April 21, 2020 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  A Saudi hit and run criminal breaks his electric ankle bracelet and flees America WinterHold 22 2888 April 15, 2019 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  [Serious] America can you pls stop meddling in countries you have no busienss in. Cepheus Ace 44 2798 March 26, 2019 at 11:51 am
  Another day another mass shooting in America downbeatplumb 35 4814 August 29, 2018 at 4:29 pm
  America is introducing 3D-printed guns now Alexmahone 29 2891 August 1, 2018 at 8:06 pm
Last Post: TaraJo