Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 4, 2024, 1:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Just When You Thought Arizona Couldn't Get Stupider...
RE: Just When You Thought Arizona Couldn't Get Stupider...
(April 12, 2011 at 11:15 pm)Cinjin Cain Wrote: god! you gotta love America!

'Cos if you don't, they'll bomb you into the fucken' Stone age!!!!
Big Grin
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Quote:Considering that your possibility of success in a revolt is next to zero if you have no weapons? At least you do not agree with your freedom to revolt Tongue
Why do you keep going back to revolts?Thinking
Quote:We're quite aware england is full of "pansies" Wink
As we are quite aware of america's big headed gun lovers. Wink
Quote:You've got to be kidding me... a POCKET KNIFE?! Absolutely fucking beyond ridiculous. Almost to my level, even.
Take a look at our laws. I have no problem with them. http://www.thesite.org/homelawandmoney/l...sandthelaw

Fuck weapons! Tongue
No need for them, since no one leaves their home with one. No point.

[Image: Weapon_Free_Zone_No_Guns_Allowed.gif]

Peace!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Skipper Wrote:Again, we have no need for them. Why would we!? And again we have a much lower level of murder per capita than you guys, so it really is doing us no harm.

No need for them? Surely I don't have to tell you a hundred uses for a knife? 0.o (Pocket knives are less useful than the ones that can seriously cut/stab)

Quote:You have a society where people can carry weapons around with them freely you also have much higher level than us of murder, gun crime, knife crime and incarceration...obviously there are other factors involved and correlation dosen't necessarily mean causation but I'd say the fact that everyone has the right to be armed to the teeth has more than a little something to do with the fact that I'm much more likely to be murdered whilst in your country than mine.

You can blame our much higher level of murder and crime on our much higher religion and poverty. The illegal gun trade is an essential portion of our black market.

Quote:This whole notion that we are ridiculous over here for not wanting everyone to have weapons on them at all times and that ACE is against freedoms just because he disagrees with an armed population (how about the freedom to not need to carry weapons just to protect yourself?!) is a joke. It's like me saying the states is ridiculous for allowing everyone to be armed, I don't agree with it, and prefer the country I live in and it's way of protecting it's citizens but I understand the difference in culture and the reasons why you feel the right to arm yourself's.

Even here you have the freedom to not need to carry weapons just to protect yourself. We americans are not so trusting in our government though. Can you seriously blame us?

Ace *is* against the freedom to have weapons. The freedom to not carry weapons always remains, so your point is not valid. If you honestly believe the government can and will protect you: good for you. I for one do not, and cannot trust it to protect something that I claim to be mine: myself. My understanding of ownership means that if I ask the government to protect me: I have given the government claim to myself.

Quote:So please stop talking down to us, saying we are against freedom and that our laws on guns, knives and weapons in general are ridiculous just because we do things a different way, a way that seems to be working when you compare our countries murder rates btw

You are against freedom on at least this issue. You actively want the populace to not have the right to carry weapons. Do you debate this?

Taking murder rates to mean any one thing is very silly indeed of you.
Ace Wrote:Why do you keep going back to revolts?

Because it is very important to at least me that when our government becomes corrupt beyond repair: we might actually be able to do something about it. In America, the government is to serve the people, not to rule over them.

Quote:As we are quite aware of america's big headed gun lovers.

Big headed gun-lover am I? I'll be getting a concealed handgun for certain... but I stick to knife for now. Smile

Quote:Take a look at our laws. I have no problem with them. http://www.thesite.org/homelawandmoney/l...sandthelaw

If it is in your law that you can't carry weapons, then I have at least 1 problem with them.

Quote:Fuck weapons!
No need for them, since no one leaves their home with one. No point.

Peace!

Criminals leave their homes with them. You think they don't? Funny guy.

Peace is available only in death, as I'm sure some criminal carrying a weapon won't mind inflicting upon you Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
[Image: 1499236-xs.jpg][Image: gm1911.jpg]

Eeeek <--- ACE when he see what I did to his sign..LMFAO

Reverend Jeremiah then replaces ACE's sign with this one...
[Image: gunfreezone.jpg]

Ace then pulls his knickers up to his nipples and runs away with his nose up in the air.

Owned <--- Reverend Jeremiah pulls his own sign out

Facepalm <---Skipper when he reads this post

Spit Coffee <--- Sae when she reads this post

Sae Wrote:You can blame our much higher level of murder and crime on our much higher religion and poverty. The illegal gun trade is an essential portion of our black market.

SLAM BAM ..WUMP...ACE is down for the count. Sae pistol whipped him with FACTS.

Quote:Because it is very important to at least me that when our government becomes corrupt beyond repair: we might actually be able to do something about it.
With weapons? I thought you live in a free and democratic nation? I'm pretty sure the US and UK is nothing like Libya where violence is necessary. For a long time I believed I was living in a very socially advanced nation, still do.
Quote:Big headed gun-lover am I? I'll be getting a concealed handgun for certain
Ah-huh. You go do that. Smile
Don't take it personally but, that sounded kinda...immature. 'I'm gonna get a handgun but I'll just stick to knives for now'. Can't help but look down at that. Sorry.
Quote:If it is in your law that you can't carry weapons, then I have at least 1 problem with them.
Ah-huh. Well I consider carrying weapons to be incredibly stupid. Smile
Quote:Criminals leave their homes with them. You think they don't? Funny guy.
Only for a while, till they lose them to the cops, pay a high fine and may even spend a lengthy time behind bars. The law is quite strict on carrying weapons, for which I'm thankful.
Quote:Peace is available only in death, as I'm sure some criminal carrying a weapon won't mind inflicting upon you Smile
Then spend the rest of their lives on the run or behind bars. Plus he better do it right, If I disarm him, he'll be locked in a little room for months on end. Maybe even years.
--
We don't need to take weapons out with us. The law is already quite heavy on anyone silly enough to carry a weapon with them. Could find yourself paying a £5000 fine and may end up in the slammer for a lengthy time.
-------
I see, reverendjeremiah has opted out of the debate.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
(April 13, 2011 at 2:00 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote:
Skipper Wrote:Again, we have no need for them. Why would we!? And again we have a much lower level of murder per capita than you guys, so it really is doing us no harm.

No need for them? Surely I don't have to tell you a hundred uses for a knife? 0.o (Pocket knives are less useful than the ones that can seriously cut/stab)

I meant no need for them when out in public. I have never encountered a situation where I thought "I could do with a knife" when out of my home. People who do have a use for them are allowed to carry them if their possession can be justified.

Quote:So please stop talking down to us, saying we are against freedom and that our laws on guns, knives and weapons in general are ridiculous just because we do things a different way, a way that seems to be working when you compare our countries murder rates btw

Quote:You are against freedom on at least this issue. You actively want the populace to not have the right to carry weapons. Do you debate this?

Do you actively want the populace to have tanks? Drive around fully armed and ready to kill anyone else that has a tank that they might use against them? No? Well then you are against FREEDOM! Do you actively want the populace to all own tactical nukes? To protect themselves from other people who may have nukes? Because you obviously don't trust the government to protect you from them. No? THEN YOU ARE AGAINST FREEEEEDOOOOM!!

Obviously I have exaggerated things to make a point. But I still think it's a valid point, you don't need or want tanks or nukes surely? Because nobody else has them, so you don't need them. It's the same here with guns.

I have already said I understand why you, in the U.S. feel the right to own a gun is important, and I have agreed with you. Here in the U.K. society has decided that nobody needs guns, nobody is pushing to own guns and nobody I have ever met has said they would want a gun, I'm all for personal freedoms but when a society sends such a clear message on an issue as serious as having the means in your hands to end countless peoples lives then I'm all for listening to what everyone wants for the betterment of society.

Stop implying I or anyone who is against arming the populace is against freedom, It's incorrect and pathetic.
(April 13, 2011 at 3:08 pm)Ace Otana Wrote: I see, reverendjeremiah has opted out of the debate.
Yup. Thats the end of the discussion for me.. and it wasnt a debate either. YOU were trying to debate my human rights to self protection away. I was having a discussion on how the human right to self protection is very important. Please dont include me further in your posts on this topic.
(April 13, 2011 at 3:24 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote:
(April 13, 2011 at 3:08 pm)Ace Otana Wrote: I see, reverendjeremiah has opted out of the debate.
Yup. Thats the end of the discussion for me.. and it wasnt a debate either. YOU were trying to debate my human rights to self protection away. I was having a discussion on how the human right to self protection is very important. Please dont include me further in your posts on this topic.

Actually I am all for self defence, but not when it means carrying knives and guns out with you.
We all stand against many freedoms, it's just I stand against one that you support.
I won't include you in further discussions on this topic, as requested.

I've never appreciated the casual nature of carrying a killing weapon wherever you go.

And I own and collect combat knives. And keep them on my desk, in a rather insecure manner (in a secure room).

That said, thinking that anyone can carry a weapon designed to kill (even a combat knife has well known alternate uses) in public says that the:
a) The streets aren't safe.
b) The police cannot be depended on.
c) Someone is out to get me.

A and B are a governmental problem. Fix them.

C is purely in your head and is more akin to believing in a magic man in the sky (who's really that voice in your head). It is a sign of mental illness, mayhap, to think that carrying a weapon everyone does nothing but increase the available weapons in a population.

Also, if we consider certain criminal tendencies to be mental illness, then it is even crazier to think that a sane populace is buying weapons to defend themselves against the insane, which by definition is defending yourself against an ambiguity as you have no way of identifying who, what, where or when, can't ascribe motive and certainly can't articulate who truly is after you because they ARE CRAZY. You can't predict crazy.
(April 13, 2011 at 3:28 pm)Ace Otana Wrote:
(April 13, 2011 at 3:24 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote:

Actually I am all for self defence, but not when it means carrying knives and guns out with you.
We all stand against many freedoms, it's just I stand against one that you support.
I won't include you in further discussions on this topic, as requested.

...BUT...I promise if you want to keep discussing this topic, I would GLADLY continue the discussion with you (peacefuly, of course) over in the "Guns" poll section if you would kindly click on the image below..

Link

Yes, that link will take you to the gun topic. There is also a poll on it, feel free to vote if you havent already. We are getting WAY off topic over here, as this is for "arizona gun law" and a specific gun law at that.

That is the reason I was dumping it. I dont mind swirving from a topic, but we went on a completely different road with this thread.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you think all these GOP senators get in return for brown nosing Trump? A Godzilla fan 15 1884 September 30, 2019 at 11:52 am
Last Post: A Godzilla fan
  I'm starting to just get exhausted of this adminstration what about you? GODZILLA 34 3520 December 8, 2018 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Just when I thought that Donald Trump could not get any dumber... Jehanne 16 2312 November 27, 2018 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: YahwehIsTheWay
  How Crazy Is Arizona? Minimalist 19 1936 November 13, 2018 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  It's Just One Vote and It's Just One Carbon Footprint Duty 16 1096 October 26, 2018 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  That's odd...I thought we were a nation of laws? GODZILLA 24 5066 June 25, 2018 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Just Don't Get Sick! Minimalist 6 873 June 19, 2018 at 11:46 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight Minimalist 0 347 June 5, 2018 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  This Is The Kind Of Dumb Shit We Get Running in Arizona Minimalist 7 1315 May 20, 2018 at 8:15 am
Last Post: brewer
  Dear Texass, This Is What You Get For Not Regulating Corporations Minimalist 16 2015 March 16, 2018 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger