Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 21, 2024, 4:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion [SPOILERS WITHIN]
RE: Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion [SPOILERS WITHIN]
There was something in Jaqen's eyes in episode 6 when he was lamenting Arya's failure.

I think something is up.

In any case, the show seems to be following GRRM's mantra of "if a character in my books dies, there will be no ambiguity about whether they're dead or not." (Paraphrase)
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
If that was the case, they would not have shown Arya rise from the water at all. They would have ended with the blood reaching the surface, fading away from the scene.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Fat theory: Arya will stumble bleeding towards her only friend left "Lady Crane." The actress that she saved from being murdered. Otherwise, it's not Arya. There's literally zero people in Braavos that will help her besides Lady Crane. Barring some return of another character (Which wouldn't be unfeasible at this point!) she's going to die. We already saw in the season trailers her bloody handprint smearing across a door frame. Someone has to save her. The only question is who, or whether or not it's Arya.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
I don't think it's Arya. I think the waif is the one who fails the challenge. There is a reason that Jaqen finds her in the first place, there is no good reason why Jaqen should be captured, or that he should serve Tywin Lannister at Harrenhal. He was there for Arya, and I think the waif is a pawn. Or, maybe Arya must literally die in order to become a faceless man, or something along those lines.

You could be right, though, Lady Crane could be her savior. It seems so stupid of Arya, though. I just don't get how she could roll out of screwing over a den of assassins, then be flashing paper all over town, feeling like she's invincible. There's something big happening.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(June 7, 2016 at 2:31 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: [...] It seems so stupid of Arya, though. I just don't get how she could roll out of screwing over a den of assassins, then be flashing paper all over town, feeling like she's invincible. There's something big happening.

I really hope Arya's plot is going somewhere. She invested a lot of time and effort into the whole faceless thing and the assassins also seemed uncharacteristically interested in keeping, feeding, clothing, protecting and training her, despite her defiant attitude and frequent f*ck-ups. If she just b*ggers off back to Westeros now - it will all have been a giant waste of time for everyone involved, including the viewers. 

What is she planning to do in Westeros anyway - make use of her new abilities, like... err... washing corpses, begging and taking a stick to the face? Because it sure doesn't seem like her assassin training is anywhere near complete. It would make sense, if she somehow found out about what Jon and Sansa are up to - but I don't think we've seen anything suggesting that...

Also, if the Faceless Men actually meant to kill Arya - why would the Waif leave her body in the water? Wouldn't they at least want her face, for all their trouble? I mean - didn't Jaqen say exactly that, when he gave her the assignment? "One way, or another a face will be added to the hall".
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
It has something to do with the waif, for sure.

For all this "a girl is no one" crap, the waif certainly has some feelings about Arya, she harbors a grudge, she loathes her. That's gotta be against the rules, right? The look in Jaqen's eye right after she says "you promised her to me" is telling, to me. He immediately says something to the effect of "it's a shame, a girl showed so much promise." I think he was talking about the waif.

True - the waif seems to go out of her way to be more of a c*nt to Arya, than she has reasons to be. She was told not to make Arya suffer, yet she goes and stabs her in the stomach. Also - why remove your disguise mid-assassination? Isn't the whole point of being faceless, that you're not seen stabbing people in public? 

But if Jaqar means to punish/eliminate the waif - what's the point in letting her stab Arya at all? I mean - she could have succeeded in killing her right there and then, so if "a man" has a plan - it seems like a risky one... And by the way - this backward manner of speaking of his must be problematic at times, I think. I mean - we use proper nouns and definite articles for a reason. How does anyone know what they're supposed to be doing in the House of Black and White - I'll never know. Tongue

I'm somewhat perplexed by the theories, that it wasn't Arya, who got stabbed - who else would it be? A faceless man/woman would need her face, to look like her. A glamour, like the ones Melissandre uses might work, but who would do that, how and why?
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
The important question is when is Daenerys Targaryen going to be naked again. Her body alone can keep Winter from coming.
(June 7, 2016 at 5:34 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: It has something to do with the waif, for sure.

For all this "a girl is no one" crap, the waif certainly has some feelings about Arya, she harbors a grudge, she loathes her. That's gotta be against the rules, right? The look in Jaqen's eye right after she says "you promised her to me" is telling, to me. He immediately says something to the effect of "it's a shame, a girl showed so much promise." I think he was talking about the waif.

There was also the moment when the waif and Arya were sitting face to face and she was smacking Arya because she kept saying she had 4 brothers (including Jon) - and then there was the moment where Arya said "What name would you like a girl to say?" to the waif.

I have no idea what's going on or if the Fight Club idea of Arya and the waif is even close to accurate, but it's interesting, and I'm wondering if Jaqan is the one that comes to help Arya if the waif was really the one being tested.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
I wonder when they're gonna do the ep where all the men take out their wieners and flop them about.
[Image: 6QOh5df.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Captain Marvel movie w/ spoilers Rahn127 0 383 March 9, 2019 at 2:04 am
Last Post: Rahn127
  I wan't to express, that I disliked Rick and Morty season 3 Der/die AtheistIn 38 3670 February 6, 2019 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn
  'Tis the Season (almost) -- your favorite Nativity photos here! Jehanne 38 3471 December 27, 2018 at 8:44 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Upcoming movie movie trailer discussion Alex K 50 7123 October 22, 2018 at 7:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
Video Game of Thrones Season 7 Discussion [SPOILERS WITHIN] SteelCurtain 357 72880 January 28, 2018 at 9:37 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  X-Files season 11 (maybe) Silver 10 2108 January 26, 2018 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
Tongue Let's talk Black Mirror season 4 Aoi Magi 23 4156 January 15, 2018 at 9:35 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Which is the best survivor season? ErGingerbreadMandude 4 1154 October 22, 2017 at 9:34 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Game of Thrones Season 7 trailer, "The Long Walk" Aegon 3 996 March 30, 2017 at 3:06 pm
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  Do not watch the movie, "The Arrival" because it is pro-life propaganda. {Spoilers} Silver 21 5417 February 6, 2017 at 11:01 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda