Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X-Files season 11 (maybe)
Quote:X-Files Creator Chris Carter on That Cliffhanger Ending, a Lingering Mulder Mystery and the Latest on Season 11

Just like you, we watched the final moments of The X-Files‘ revival finale Monday night with our jaws on the floor (our hands tingling with the urge to strangle Monica Reyes).

Unlike you, we got to talk to series creator Chris Carter immediately after the episode aired.

TVLINE | Let’s say the planets don’t align and there are no movies and no more seasons — are you OK with ending the series on that note?

I can tell you this: Fox owns this show. I can’t imagine, with the ratings that we’ve got and the way we ended this season, that there won’t be more X-Files. They will find a way to get that done. Because I spoke about it briefly with [Fox CEO] Dana Walden today, so there’s an appetite there and… a chance certainly to find how we’re gonna get ourselves off this precipice.

http://tvline.com/2016/02/22/x-files-sea...interview/
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
That was the most painful hour of television I have seen in a long time. I am so mad at Chris Carter for fucking this up, I could actually cry...
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
RE: X-Files season 11 (maybe)
So new episode TODAY!!!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106179/epis..._eps_sn_11
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Is this actually worth the time?
Just caught the tail end of it. Hopefully it will air again.

Scully certainly aged well. (boink boink)
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
The last episode was really great. One of the best.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
I hate that show. I've run into far too many people since it began that treat it like documentary.
The most recent one was funny. They were poking fun at themselves.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(January 26, 2018 at 10:14 am)Brian37 Wrote: I hate that show. I've run into far too many people since it began that treat it like documentary.

The description of it sounds like a documentary. I first heard of it when it was new and I wondered if it was supposedly based on true FBI case files. I hadn't seen it though (and wouldn't until almost 20 years later). I asked my roommate at the time about it because he was a big fan and he told me it was fiction. That's telling because this guy was a creationist and he never met a conspiracy theory he didn't like. He was exactly the kind of guy who I could see believing the episodes were based on actual events.

If somebody thinks The X-Files is a documentary, they've probably never seen it. Anyone who's actually watched more than a handful of episodes and believes it is real is a complete idiot. It's not without precedent. There were actually people in the 1960s who were convinced Gilligan's Island was real. The U.S. Coast Guard received hundreds of letters from people demanding that they find the castaways.

Yeah, there are idiots out there. If you're going to hate everything that fools them, you're going to hate a lot of things.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(January 26, 2018 at 12:19 pm)AFTT47 Wrote:
(January 26, 2018 at 10:14 am)Brian37 Wrote: I hate that show. I've run into far too many people since it began that treat it like documentary.

The description of it sounds like a documentary. I first heard of it when it was new and I wondered if it was supposedly based on true FBI case files. I hadn't seen it though (and wouldn't until almost 20 years later). I asked my roommate at the time about it because he was a big fan and he told me it was fiction. That's telling because this guy was a creationist and he never met a conspiracy theory he didn't like. He was exactly the kind of guy who I could see believing the episodes were based on actual events.

If somebody thinks The X-Files is a documentary, they've probably never seen it. Anyone who's actually watched more than a handful of episodes and believes it is real is a complete idiot. It's not without precedent. There were actually people in the 1960s who were convinced Gilligan's Island was real. The U.S. Coast Guard received hundreds of letters from people demanding that they find the castaways.

Yeah, there are idiots out there. If you're going to hate everything that fools them, you're going to hate a lot of things.

I've literally had conversations with idiots right after they got done watching it when I said, "It is just a show", they got upset and responded, "How do you know it isn't true?"

These are the same types of gullible people who buy Big Foot and crop circle bullshit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DEVS | on Hulu or FX maybe I don't know. Goosebump 0 62 February 12, 2024 at 2:25 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  I wan't to express, that I disliked Rick and Morty season 3 Der/die AtheistIn 38 2507 February 6, 2019 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn
  'Tis the Season (almost) -- your favorite Nativity photos here! Jehanne 38 2856 December 27, 2018 at 8:44 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  "Forensic Files" and claims of "God." Brian37 3 308 August 5, 2018 at 2:43 pm
Last Post: Brian37
Video Game of Thrones Season 7 Discussion [SPOILERS WITHIN] SteelCurtain 357 65793 January 28, 2018 at 9:37 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
Tongue Let's talk Black Mirror season 4 Aoi Magi 23 3664 January 15, 2018 at 9:35 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  The WTF Files Cyberman 4 630 November 8, 2017 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Which is the best survivor season? ErGingerbreadMandude 4 1067 October 22, 2017 at 9:34 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Game of Thrones Season 7 trailer, "The Long Walk" Aegon 3 920 March 30, 2017 at 3:06 pm
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  Hey Ho's, anyone else watching Survivor this season: GenX'ers vs Millennials Whateverist 3 1294 December 2, 2016 at 12:15 am
Last Post: Aegon