Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 3, 2024, 6:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No one is an atheist
RE: No one is an atheist
Religions of all kinds keep people in the dark, but religion has no monopoly over ignorance or prickishness either. That's all I'm saying. There are several asshole atheists out there...difference being they can't hide behind God for why they do what they do.

People are going to be dicks no matter what. I'm sorry you hit a plethora of them. I wish people didn't feel the need for God or a religion too, but I've yet to become so jaded I feel like humanity's a lost cause.

I hope the next 10 years to catch me up to you don't change that.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(April 21, 2011 at 4:07 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: Religions of all kinds keep people in the dark, but religion has no monopoly over ignorance or prickishness either. That's all I'm saying. There are several asshole atheists out there...difference being they can't hide behind God for why they do what they do.

People are going to be dicks no matter what. I'm sorry you hit a plethora of them. I wish people didn't feel the need for God or a religion too, but I've yet to become so jaded I feel like humanity's a lost cause.

I hope the next 10 years to catch me up to you don't change that.

I hope the same thing for you. I live in a dark place - doesn't mean I'm wrong about christianity.

Give up on humanity? never.
I believe humanity's only chance is to eradicate all religion from the face of the planet.
[Image: Evolution.png]

And let its place be taken over by all the other "woo" people believe in? Smile

Rather than eradicate, I'd rather educate. "Where you tend the rose, my dear, the thistle cannot grow."
(April 21, 2011 at 3:45 pm)Cinjin Cain Wrote: *knocks the soapbox out fron underneath you*
Lol this is ironic, coming from you.
(April 21, 2011 at 4:20 pm)Watson Wrote:
(April 21, 2011 at 3:45 pm)Cinjin Cain Wrote: *knocks the soapbox out fron underneath you*
Lol this is ironic, coming from you.

I was borrowing yours ... did you need it back today??

Mhm, I find it quite valuable in beautiful weather like this. Standing on it not only makes me look taller, it has the added bonus of putting me right up in the warm sunlight. Big Grin
I'll take it from both of you. I look better standing on it than either of you do anyway, and I feel a need to kvetch at no one in general.
*sulks like a little kid* Meanie.
Warm sunlight is good. We can spar in a new thread some time. Duel

Cheese

(April 21, 2011 at 4:49 pm)Watson Wrote: *sulks like a little kid* Meanie.

Didn't your mum ever tell you your face would freeze that way?

[blows kiss]

You're right, the sun is warm. If you hurry, you can sit in the garden I'm going to leave to be in (in about 10 min) and enjoy the smell of new-cut grass.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How may one refute the religious stonewall argument "all is one"? Osopatata 29 2949 December 21, 2020 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Leaving cards with one Bible verse and one Quran verse for people to discover? ReptilianPeon 7 2407 November 10, 2015 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  The One Thing the Atheist Misunderstands Sonny 255 41329 December 30, 2014 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  I am now one seriously conflicted Atheist.. Help??? LostDays 47 10149 November 6, 2014 at 11:32 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  The Christian view of life being superior to the Atheist one Dolorian 16 3488 October 26, 2014 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Even us atheist don't realize one thing LogicOrDie 8 2362 September 8, 2014 at 8:41 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Can one be Atheist and Superstitious? Goosebump 45 7311 August 28, 2014 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  One Small Step For Life, One Giant Leap For Understanding LivingNumbers6.626 6 3496 July 28, 2014 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: LivingNumbers6.626
  would you tell your parents one day that you are an atheist ? Marsellus Wallace 71 12736 March 15, 2014 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: My imaginary friend is GOD
  One final attempt to get one over on you. Whateverist 25 6367 March 1, 2014 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Whateverist