Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Even us atheist don't realize one thing
Even us atheist don't realize one thing
The thing with religion is that it has been passed from generation to generation and due to endoctrinement effect it spread throughout every part of our daily life and became like a virus that us atheist once we're aware that it's all lies we feel obligated to fight with all our strenght. I myself get scared once in while because it's omnipresent and hell threats targets my sensitivity. But I came to realise that all that we have of religion is what other people say. There is finally nothing to worry about. It can't be true, if our world today never knows miracles then old world didn't neither. I understand that I wasn't living in the firt or seventh century when supposedly miracles were performed to prove God exists (which is unfair for us modern people ), I know thanks to common sens that it just didn't happen. There are things that you don't have to be witness t know they're true. For example if I imagine someone in my mind, I know he doesn't exist but still some theist will argue, how do you know he doens't (lol)
RE: Even us atheist don't realize one thing
(September 6, 2014 at 10:04 am)LogicOrDie Wrote: For example if I imagine someone in my mind, I know he doesn't exist but still some theist will argue, how do you know he doens't (lol)

Well how do you know she doesn't?
Sure tiger penis is good but tiger shark is much better, look at the shape of them, so sleek and phallic. EAT MORE TIGER SHARK [hypnotic smiley goes here when I find one]
I can forgive those that lived like 500 years and before to be ignorant. Not those that live today with all that knowledge. Religion is paradigm of ignorance, and in our days, perhaps only the deep Africa or middle east do people have an excuse to remain as such.
(September 6, 2014 at 10:52 am)LastPoet Wrote: I can forgive those that lived like 500 years and before to be ignorant. Not those that live today with all that knowledge. Religion is paradigm of ignorance, and in our days, perhaps only the deep Africa or middle east do people have an excuse to remain as such.

I wish I could be part of something that will change the state of religion (and everything else) in the middle east
(September 6, 2014 at 10:04 am)LogicOrDie Wrote:

Dude where have you been? Good to see you.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Maybe it's because I'm so new to my stance as an atheist, but I do struggle sometimes with the theist 'leftovers'. It was an integral part of my psyche for decades, so it can't just be dismissed or wiped away like a stain.

But I recognize that, and make allowances for it, not being so hard on myself for slipping a bit now and then. Mostly, rather than the specific judeo-christian deity I was hammered with almost from birth, I catch myself slipping towards generalized deism, with some undefined spiritual ether out there. I remind myself that it's RESIDUE. Nowhere in any of my reading, searching, investigation of various belief systems did I find any that described what I was thinking was truth in the past. I think the closest any ever came was pantheism, but I could cancel that within a paragraph of reading every time.
Wink Shades"I THINK, therefore I am DANGEROUS..." Wink Shades
Hi losty good to see you too.

Thanks people for your answers.

I am living in a muslim country, I can't imagine how it could be worse for an atheist living in France or USA. I mean people here beleive sperm comes out of the ribs and backone
(September 6, 2014 at 10:04 am)LogicOrDie Wrote: The thing with religion is that it has been passed from generation to generation and due to endoctrinement effect it spread throughout every part of our daily life and became like a virus that us atheist once we're aware that it's all lies we feel obligated to fight with all our strenght.
I'm 63 and religion rarely inflicted itself on my life. I was an apatheist before I was an atheist, "I'm not religious enough to call myself an atheist" worked for me until 2008. Then I took a look around and realized I was being lax and lazy.
(September 6, 2014 at 10:52 am)LastPoet Wrote: I can forgive

Only Jesus has the power to do that! Because he is God!
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing I saw on a site that I want to comment on ShinyCrystals 5 356 March 21, 2024 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
Information The worst thing according to Iranians Eclectic 2 849 September 19, 2022 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
  why do people still have faith in god even after seeing their land turned into dust? zempo 8 1464 June 20, 2021 at 8:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  How may one refute the religious stonewall argument "all is one"? Osopatata 29 2757 December 21, 2020 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  A possibly new perspective on this thing that we know as God. unityconversation 157 14344 March 18, 2020 at 1:08 am
Last Post: Rahn127
  Abortion: 10 years as an atheist and I still don't get it Nihilist Virus 330 31055 March 5, 2020 at 5:26 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  [Not Even A Little Bit Serious] Why AREN'T You An Atheist? BrianSoddingBoru4 28 3435 December 28, 2019 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  No Financial Inclusion Today! No Financial Inclusion Tomarrah! Or For Eternity, Even mascale 21 2128 August 12, 2019 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  A Funny Thing Happened on the way to the forum.... jessieban 39 3729 June 21, 2019 at 8:11 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  The Nice Thing About Being An Atheist JackRussell 83 27701 July 21, 2017 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: KevinM1