Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 5:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The One Thing the Atheist Misunderstands
The One Thing the Atheist Misunderstands
Hi guys,

there is one small 'oops' about Atheism.

that is the DEFINITION of the WORD GOD.

In order to not believe in something you must first have a CONCEPT of what EXACTLY that is.

So how do we find out what the word God means?
Do we ask a person that bases their belief off of the hearsay of others?
Or perhaps look at what the AUTHOR of the TEXT in question says about the word...

Jeremiah 23:23-24
“Am I a God who is near,” declares the LORD, “And not a God far off? “Can a man hide himself in hiding places So I do not see him?” declares the LORD “Do I not fill the heavens and the earth?”

Proverbs 15:3
The eyes of the LORD are in every place, Watching the evil and the good.

Acts 17:27-28
that they would seek God, if perhaps they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; for in Him we live and move and exist, as even some of your own poets have said, ‘For we also are His children.’

Zephaniah 3:17
“The LORD your God is in your midst, A victorious warrior He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy.

1 Corinthians 14:25
the secrets of his heart are disclosed; and so he will fall on his face and worship God, declaring that God is certainly among you.

Revelation 5:13
And every created thing which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all things in them, I heard saying, “To Him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb, be blessing and honor and glory and dominion forever and ever.”

2 Chronicles 2:6
“But who is able to build a house for Him, for the heavens and the highest heavens cannot contain Him? So who am I, that I should build a house for Him, except to burn incense before Him?

get it?
God is EVERYWHERE because God is EVERYTHING.

maybe this will help the over thinking problem:

In Genesis 1 we are told 'IN THE BEGINNING GOD CREATED THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH'

Here is the 'oops' part

GOD EXISTED BEFORE THE CREATION OF THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH! because GOD IS THE UNIVERSE WE ALL LIVE INSIDE OF.

He THEN made the Heavens and the Earth ALL STILL PART OF HIM, IN HIM, OF HIM, HIS BODY! aka MATTER.

Then he said 'Let there be light' and the UNION of LIGHT (fire- the sperm of the Universe) and MATTER (The WOMB of the UNIVERSE) gave birth to the SON (The LIFE of The Universe)

Jesus said, 'I and the FATHER are ONE' and they nailed him to a tree for it.

He said, "Take eat, this is my BODY" (because ALL matter is God's body and we THANK HIM FOR IT)

He said, "Take drink, this is my BLOOD" (because all liquids are like God's blood- said in the hopes maybe now the poorly educated farmers he was speaking to will understand. And we THANK HIM FOR IT.)

God IS THE UNIVERSE. ALL OF IT INCLUDING WHATEVER CREATED IT. Anthropomorphized as GOD.

The only valid argument against God is did we Anthropomorphize something that is dead? or something that is actually living?

I would say, "Go look out your window" lol

So please before you claim that REALITY is imaginary maybe learn what a metaphor is and then CHECK YOUR DEFINITIONS WITH THE AUTHOR INSTEAD OF THE CRAZY LADY DOWN THE STREET!

God is ALL.
A CONCEPT.
The LIFE of ALL LIFE.
We are GRATEFUL to HIM FOR IT.
Get it?

try looking for God with LOVE in your heart instead of CONTEMPT lol

And the Trees of the Fields Shall Clap Their Hands!

happy to elaborate or answer any questions Smile or to provide literally hundreds of more quotes from religious texts around the world and throughout history that back up the DEFINITION of the WORD GOD.

As defined by the AUTHORS as opposed to those who MISUNDERSTOOD THEM.

Ooops ^^ Angel Cloud
RE: The One Thing the Atheist Misunderstands
Oh, I get it now. You're right, my problem was that I just didn't understand the story. GOD! is the UNIVERSE! because, well hell, the damn story says it right there! Ha, shucks, man. I really regret participating in this thread now: http://atheistforums.org/thread-30063-po...#pid810722
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
God? Never heard of her.
(December 23, 2014 at 3:33 am)Exian Wrote: Oh, I get it now. You're right, my problem was that I just didn't understand the story. GOD! is the UNIVERSE! because, well hell, the damn story says it right there! Ha, shucks, man. I really regret participating in this thread now: http://atheistforums.org/thread-30063-po...#pid810722

yes and apparently you STILL do not get it LOL

Try actually reading the quotes from the SOURCE of the DEFINITION of the WORD and maybe this time you will see what is plainly in your face?

maybe try without utter contempt in your heart lol
God is hardly a complicated CONCEPT.
It is the word we use to describe WHATEVER EVERYTHING MAY BE.

Like most ancient stories the Bible uses ANALOGIES and METAPHORS to DESCRIBE the REAL THING they are DISCUSSING.

we have ANTHROPOMORPHIZED the UNIVERSE (all possible things) as GOD.

Did we Anthropomorphize a dead thing? or a living thing?

Cause we ALL know what EVERYTHING MEANS!

They are TELLING you what God is, they are NOT guessing. THEY KNOW.
Because it is PLAIN TO SEE WHEN YOU GET IT LOLOLOLOLOLOL!

God has a GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR!

Keep looking He is NOT far^^

and when you find Him even YOU will tell all that He is MOST CERTAINLY REAL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!

(December 23, 2014 at 3:35 am)Elskidor Wrote: God? Never heard of her.

We call God He and Him etc so we don't have to say HE/She is EVERYWHERE.
God is a MACROBIOTIC SYSTEM.
You are like God's bacteria.

You live inside a LIFE FORM. just like all that stuff you looked at in biology class that ALSO lives INSIDE life forms.

Not a far fetched concept here guys...
Very nice.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
So, basically your version of GOD!!! is what I would simply call the universe, except your universe has vocal chords.

And since you didn't seem to follow my link, I'll leave you a quote. This is a time saving device:

Quote:Hello, abrahamic theist.

If you are reading this, then you have more than likely tried to preach at me in an attempt to "save my soul", and I have kindly linked you to this page to "save you" the time and effort.

I'm an atheist; I don't accept the claims made by your religion as being true, including the existence of your brand of god(s). This means when I say "Your god can lick my butthole", I'm being nonsensical, because something that doesn't exist will have a hard time licking my butthole, let alone sending me to hell for saying it. Likewise, I don't hate your god. If he can't lick my butthole for being non-existent, I can't hate him. I will say, I hate the man-made, fear-mongering, mythology surrounding your god and your religion.

At this point, you may be thinking "There's still a chance to save this misguided soul", and in an attempt to remove all doubt, I give you this: god, the holy spirit, and Jesus fucking Christ can all go fuck themselves in a holy ménage à trois for all I care.

Thanks.

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
OK so you've engaged in some dishonest semantics. You got anything else? Are you expecting a string of conversions from that brain fart?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
God does not exist.

[Image: giphy.gif]
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
That looks an awful lot like copy pasta, to me.

Anyway. Do you have any evidence for this god thing?
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
This person can't be real. That's the first time I got to use the blasphemy thread link, if this ends up being a Poe I'm gonna be pissed. Big Grin

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing I saw on a site that I want to comment on ShinyCrystals 5 319 March 21, 2024 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
Information The worst thing according to Iranians Eclectic 2 820 September 19, 2022 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
  How may one refute the religious stonewall argument "all is one"? Osopatata 29 2676 December 21, 2020 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  A possibly new perspective on this thing that we know as God. unityconversation 157 13995 March 18, 2020 at 1:08 am
Last Post: Rahn127
  A Funny Thing Happened on the way to the forum.... jessieban 39 3676 June 21, 2019 at 8:11 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  The Nice Thing About Being An Atheist JackRussell 83 27621 July 21, 2017 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Losing my religion was the best thing that ever happened to me. Mechaghostman2 30 5843 November 6, 2016 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Atheism and Anti-Theism same thing? ErGingerbreadMandude 114 17213 February 2, 2016 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: God of Mr. Hanky
  Leaving cards with one Bible verse and one Quran verse for people to discover? ReptilianPeon 7 2343 November 10, 2015 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  One Thing I Miss About Church is.... Athene 68 13354 November 4, 2015 at 5:58 am
Last Post: robvalue