Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 21, 2024, 6:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion [SPOILERS WITHIN]
RE: Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion [SPOILERS WITHIN]
Oh, and what was the rumor that Qyburn was investigating?

Maybe caches of wildfire underneath Baelor's Sept? How many times has Cersei said she'd burn the Red Keep to the ground to save her children? She's got one left. You think she gives a fuck about The Great Sept of Baelor?

Maybe Tyrion in Mereen?

Maybe Sansa alive in the North?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(June 13, 2016 at 6:06 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: Oh, and what was the rumor that Qyburn was investigating?

Maybe caches of wildfire underneath Baelor's Sept? How many times has Cersei said she'd burn the Red Keep to the ground to save her children? She's got one left. You think she gives a fuck about The Great Sept of Baelor?

That seems most likely.

(June 13, 2016 at 6:06 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: Maybe Tyrion in Mereen?

I doubt this information would be helpful to her right now. Also Qyburn's words - "More. Much more." -wouldn't make much sense.

(June 13, 2016 at 6:06 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: Maybe Sansa alive in the North?

She already knew Sansa was alive in the North and married to Bolton - Littlefinger told her himself, right after dropping the girl at Winterfell. Maybe it's about Jon and Sansa trying to rally lords against Boltons, but again - why would Quyburn say "much more"? Jon and Sansa have been largely unsuccessful so far and anyway - an upcoming skirmish between Boltons and some wildlings wouldn't seem like a thing to be particularly concerned about, in Cersei's current position.

Whatever it is, it doesn't seem like we'll find out next week, as - judging by the preview - next episode will be all about the North. Personally - I think Cersei burning the Sparrows would make for a decent season closer. And a fairly easy one to write, without confusing even the least committed viewers - there's almost no setup needed. I can't think of anything else the writers could do at this point, without pulling stuff out of nowhere. Everything they set up this - and the previous - season, as a potential solution to Cersei's problems failed - Jamie, Tyrell's army, zombified the Mountain...
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(June 13, 2016 at 6:52 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote:
(June 13, 2016 at 6:06 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: Oh, and what was the rumor that Qyburn was investigating?

That seems most likely.

(June 13, 2016 at 6:06 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: Maybe Tyrion in Mereen?

I doubt this information would be helpful to her right now. Also Qyburn's words - "More. Much more." -wouldn't make much sense.

Maybe not helpful in her current situation. I'm guessing as she asked him at that moment, it's probably something like the wildfire, which we've been hinted at this season already. Either way, Tyrion alive in Mereen with a dragon queen with a horde of horse warriors about to steal some Harpy ships which were kindly delivered to her front doorstep and cross the narrow sea would be of note to the king, and might sway his attention from the faith for a bit. But, you're right, probably not what she was looking for right at that moment.

(June 13, 2016 at 6:52 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote:
(June 13, 2016 at 6:06 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: Maybe Sansa alive in the North?

She already knew Sansa was alive in the North and married to Bolton - Littlefinger told her himself, right after dropping the girl at Winterfell. Maybe it's about Jon and Sansa trying to rally lords against Boltons, but again - why would Quyburn say "much more"? Jon and Sansa have been largely unsuccessful so far and anyway - an upcoming skirmish between Boltons and some wildlings wouldn't seem like a thing to be particularly concerned about, in Cersei's current position.
Completely forgot about that conversation with Baelish.

Much more here, again, could be the wildlings south of the wall, the raven that Sansa sent being intercepted by the little birds, all again of note for the king---to get his head back in the game, as it were. But, you're right, probably not what Cersei is thinking about in that moment. She's thinking---how do I save my ass now that my ace in the hole has been flushed.

(June 13, 2016 at 6:52 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote: Whatever it is, it doesn't seem like we'll find out next week, as - judging by the preview - next episode will be all about the North. Personally - I think Cersei burning the Sparrows would make for a decent season closer. And a fairly easy one to write, without confusing even the least committed viewers - there's almost no setup needed. I can't think of anything else the writers could do at this point, without pulling stuff out of nowhere. Everything they set up this - and the previous - season, as a potential solution to Cersei's problems failed - Jamie, Tyrell's army, zombified the Mountain...

These next two episodes are going to be fast and furious. They have to be. I imagine we've seen the last of Arya this season. I feel like the next episode will be all Bolton vs Jon/wildlings. With the Vale rolling in Gandalf style at the last minute. Then, fire. In Mereen and King's Landing.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---

Maybe Tyrion in Mereen?

Maybe Sansa alive in the North?

I'll be rooting for the caches of wildfire.
The final two episodes are directed by the guy who did Hardhome last season, so I'm pretty pumped for them.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(June 13, 2016 at 2:42 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote: Wow. The resolution of Arya's Bravos plot was such crap... Undecided  Shouldn't be surprised - clever writing went out of the window on the show a couple of seasons ago, but still... How did all this running, tumbling, hacking and slashing in public was supposed to make Arya "no one" all of a sudden?  Oh, well - f*ck it, whatever. At least it's over and I won't have to look at Jaqen's idiotic smirk anymore.

I was very disappointed too.  I can't imagine that a faceless trained assassin would have failed to inflict fatal damage with the opportunity the waif had.  For the writers to smooth it over by having the actress say how she often would stab and then repair her ex .. total crap.  And the fleeing leading to the place where needle is stashed?  Lousy 'plan'.
Lets talk about the most exciting thing that happened in this episode.

The Hound flopped his wiener, granted he was taking a piss, but it still counts. I guess they read my comment. XD

But in all seriousness how epic has it that she just showed up behind the guy and beheaded him. When that happened I was as excited as a school boy who doesn't have to go to school that day. Loved how he slaughtered the rest. And the "Fuck You" "Cunt" joke was hilarious. Too bad he only got to hang the remaining 2. Boring.

Loved that Cerci's body guard killed one of those avengelical assholes. Those fuckers just manages to grind this show to a halt. I enjoyed every minute of that beheading. I just wish we could've seen it from the front view.

Tirian trying to make the translator and the soilder guy to drink and tell a joke was cute. You can tell soilder boy was lovin making his bae laugh. Unfortunately Tirian's plans backfired on him. But Khaleesi is back and stronger than before.

And Aryia, sucks that the lady who took care of her died. I am now convinced that Aryia is the Superman, err, Supergirl of this series. Only she she can jump 2 stories twice, roll on step, run , get up and fight in the dark all while having a wound to the abdomen for all those things and still survive. Aryia is coming home, all the Starks are. Time to Roll Out and get back Winterfell.
[Image: 6QOh5df.jpg]
(June 13, 2016 at 12:25 pm)AkiraTheFighter24 Wrote: Lets talk about the most exciting thing that happened in this episode.

The Hound  flopped his wiener, granted he was taking a piss, but it still counts. 

Your eyes are either much better than mine or else your tele is huge.  For a man that big he may have the smallest member of all time.  If they didn't show the piss hitting the water I would have thought he was miming taking a piss.  That was no wiener.  Poor guy.
Must admit this is the first time I've felt somewhat compelled to rewatch a man taking a piss just to check. This is a strange day for me.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
(June 13, 2016 at 12:25 pm)AkiraTheFighter24 Wrote: [...] Aryia is coming home, all the Starks  are. Time to Roll Out and get back Winterfell.

Yeah, about that... How come no one in the North is mentioning Bran - like - at all. I mean - on the show Jon has known, that Bran was alive and gallivanting around White Walker country, for a couple of seasons now - doesn't seem like it's been bothering him much. I'm not sure if he fancies himself the heir of Winterfell, or if he's rallying banners in Sansa's name - but he doesn't seem to mention Bran or Rikkon, even though - if alive - they would have a better claim to the North, being true-born and male. 

And even if Jon is just an uncaring bastard, now that Rikkon re-surfaced, several people should be at least wondering about the fate of his older brother, as it's become apparent, that Theon Greyjoy didn't actually kill the Stark boys.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Captain Marvel movie w/ spoilers Rahn127 0 383 March 9, 2019 at 2:04 am
Last Post: Rahn127
  I wan't to express, that I disliked Rick and Morty season 3 Der/die AtheistIn 38 3670 February 6, 2019 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn
  'Tis the Season (almost) -- your favorite Nativity photos here! Jehanne 38 3471 December 27, 2018 at 8:44 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Upcoming movie movie trailer discussion Alex K 50 7125 October 22, 2018 at 7:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
Video Game of Thrones Season 7 Discussion [SPOILERS WITHIN] SteelCurtain 357 72882 January 28, 2018 at 9:37 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  X-Files season 11 (maybe) Silver 10 2108 January 26, 2018 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
Tongue Let's talk Black Mirror season 4 Aoi Magi 23 4156 January 15, 2018 at 9:35 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Which is the best survivor season? ErGingerbreadMandude 4 1154 October 22, 2017 at 9:34 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Game of Thrones Season 7 trailer, "The Long Walk" Aegon 3 996 March 30, 2017 at 3:06 pm
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  Do not watch the movie, "The Arrival" because it is pro-life propaganda. {Spoilers} Silver 21 5417 February 6, 2017 at 11:01 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda