Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 24, 2024, 5:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where did science originally come from ? Something Unusual maybe ?
RE: Where did science originally come from ? Something Unusual maybe ?
(June 18, 2016 at 8:44 pm)Stimbo Wrote:
(June 18, 2016 at 8:38 pm)Thomas Kelly252525 Wrote: Stimbo,

I don't mean this arrogantly.

Do you think people may answer my questions from the post which started this thread ?

Stimbo,

//That's up to them. It may not be an endorsement of the perspicacity or profundity of your questions if they choose not to do so, for whatever reason. It may just be that we consider your questions malformed. You may want to work on that.//

You may think that people may choose to assert that my questions were malformed and you may think it right that they should have the burden of proof.

//Oh, and please rein in the pretentious use of fancy colours in your posts. That's just a personal request, not an official one.//

I have been willing to be helpful to those who want me to be, even with things like changing the colours.  I have not been arrogant. I think green is reasonable.  I may be willing to change from green to a different colour if someone wants me to.  What were you meaning by "fancy colours" ?
The burden of proof does not apply to opinions; only positive assertions. Your continual claiming of the discursive high ground does not alter that.

To your second point re: "fancy colours", I think we both know exactly what I mean. Please keep me out of your little games, yes?

Finally, please learn to quote properly. It's not difficult. Replying within quotes as you are doing makes it unnecessarily awkward to follow the flow of your threads, inasmuch as there can be said to be one.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(June 18, 2016 at 8:00 pm)ApeNotKillApe Wrote:
(June 18, 2016 at 7:59 pm)ignoramus Wrote: [Image: 162hsm.jpg]

I just threw up a little.

Don't worry Iggy. Here is Sam Harris kicking his ass to make you feel better:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C0BW9cmkN0E
(June 18, 2016 at 9:01 pm)Losty Wrote: Umm....was there a glitch or did that just happen? O_O

Also @Thomas, will you clarify the questions in your op?

Losty,

If you think my questions were malformed and you want to assert it here, then you may think you have the burden of proof.

I don't have the time to explain the questions to people who don't understand them.

Maybe you'll want to have a guess at the answers.
(June 18, 2016 at 9:45 pm)Thomas Kelly252525 Wrote:
(June 18, 2016 at 9:01 pm)Losty Wrote: Umm....was there a glitch or did that just happen? O_O

Also @Thomas, will you clarify the questions in your op?

Losty,

If you think my questions were malformed and you want to assert it here, then you may think you have the burden of proof.

I don't have the time to explain the questions to people who don't understand them.

Maybe you'll want to have a guess at the answers.

If you don't have time to explain your questions or have a discussion then kindly fuck off. This a discussion forum not a playground for douchnozzles.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Yep.

THIS is a playground for Douchenozzles:

[Image: dark_playground.png?w=300&h=225]

From my favorite blog ever, Wait But Why. See also, Clueyness A Weird Kind Of Sad:

http://waitbutwhy.com/2016/05/clueyness-...f-sad.html

And The Bunny Manifesto:

http://waitbutwhy.com/2013/08/the-bunny-manifesto.html
(June 18, 2016 at 9:21 pm)Stimbo Wrote: //The burden of proof does not apply to opinions; only positive assertions. Your continual claiming of the discursive high ground does not alter that.//

Do you think you can prove that I have not used burden of proof right ?

//To your second point re: "fancy colours", I think we both know exactly what I mean. Please keep me out of your little games, yes?//

Do you think you can prove I'm playing little games in this forum ?

Do you think you can prove that we both know exactly what you meant by "fancy colours" ?

//Finally, please learn to quote properly. It's not difficult. Replying within quotes as you are doing makes it unnecessarily awkward to follow the flow of your threads, inasmuch as there can be said to be one.//

I think my posting skills are good enough for people with enough experience.  You may agree that some people are too busy to do things sometimes like I have been.  Do you want to give me instructions on how you think I should quote properly ?

Stimbo, answers above.
Thomas Kelly,

Do you think you may please not be a fuckwit?
Wait, this guy's posted 215 times in six days, but doesn't have the time to clarify his asinine rhetoric so that it sensibly parses?

Judging from his join-date and level of thinking, I'm guessing high-schooler on summer break, living out in the middle of nowhere, or perhaps too antisocial to have many friends, and looking to pass a long, boring summer.

(June 18, 2016 at 2:51 am)Thomas Kelly252525 Wrote:

[Image: giphy.gif]
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Something/nothing/forever and cycles. Brian37 12 1417 April 2, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Something Star Trek Missed onlinebiker 44 4365 May 26, 2019 at 9:19 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Something to Look Forward To, Perhaps Minimalist 16 4349 May 7, 2018 at 12:33 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Maybe this will shut creationists up finally dyresand 34 5680 April 27, 2016 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Why groups of people can remember something that didn't happen GrandizerII 4 1738 January 4, 2016 at 7:03 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Something that has been on my mind dyresand 24 4063 December 4, 2015 at 10:22 pm
Last Post: Reforged
  Come and knock on my door..... Brian37 10 2275 November 19, 2015 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Who Knows. Might Find Something. Minimalist 10 3563 October 25, 2015 at 2:51 pm
  Well....Maybe Minimalist 17 4594 July 22, 2015 at 12:07 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Something to Look Forward to Minimalist 22 3910 November 12, 2014 at 3:43 pm