Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 25, 2024, 10:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UK to leave EU
RE: UK to leave EU
(June 24, 2016 at 6:42 am)Bella Morte Wrote: Well, the thought of independence is pretty fucking good when you're so close to achieving it properly. Not that you would know about that since you're stuck being an EU slave.

I voted out, regardless of whether it would be beneficial financially ....

I believe in the European Convention of Human Rights (ECHR) and that European Nations should be held to evolved principles built on the Convention ....

The EU accepted that it should adhere to the ECHR, but have refused until now to respect the principles ...

Note, many minority situations over the time the EU have acted as a dictator have slowly made all those affected by minority issues sit up and say up yours EU ....

I have presently got a case before the European Parliament. because the European Commission can presently get away with Human right violations as they self regulate 

As a vaper, I have been fighting a directive that blatantly violates Art.10 of the ECHR by banning the freedom of expression (speech) of electronic cigarette users ... If they can do it to vapers to save Big Tobacco they can do it to anyone  Dodgy
Religion is the top shelf of the supernatural supermarket ... Madog
(June 24, 2016 at 7:39 am)Constable Dorfl Wrote:
(June 24, 2016 at 6:09 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote: With EU out of the picture - I imagine the monarchy may be the next scapegoat, few years down the line, when it becomes clear to even the most hard-headed nationalists, that the fantastic prosperity promised by the "Leave" campaigners isn't going to happen.

Although I suspect the muslim minority will be the more likely target.

Next scapegoats will be the old favourite standby of the English, the celts.

Looks like I'm gonna become a scapegoat.
(June 24, 2016 at 7:47 am)madog Wrote: I have presently got a case before the European Parliament. because the European Commission can presently get away with Human right violations as they self regulate 

But, you do know who's sitting in the European Commission, I hope.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(June 24, 2016 at 7:47 am)Bella Morte Wrote:
(June 24, 2016 at 7:39 am)Constable Dorfl Wrote: Next scapegoats will be the old favourite standby of the English, the celts.

Looks like I'm gonna become a scapegoat.

At least anything coming from the UK will be covered by the European Convention for the Protection of Human Rights (ECHR) now we are out, before, rules could be made by the EU that is not bound by the ECHR, other than self regulation which is a joke ...

(June 24, 2016 at 7:51 am)abaris Wrote:
(June 24, 2016 at 7:47 am)madog Wrote: I have presently got a case before the European Parliament. because the European Commission can presently get away with Human right violations as they self regulate 

But, you do know who's sitting in the European Commission, I hope.

Eh? the same club that made the rules that violate the ECHR ... so I don't give a shit who sits on regulating themselves  Dodgy
Religion is the top shelf of the supernatural supermarket ... Madog
(June 24, 2016 at 7:53 am)madog Wrote: Eh? the same club that made the rules that violate the ECHR ... so I don't give a shit who sits on regulating themselves  Dodgy

The sum of the national government members - that's the EU, and that's the body which imposes the rules. There's no Darth Vader sitting in the shadows, only national politicians trying to sell that image to their credulous electorate. Right after they parked their asses at Brussels to make some laws.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(June 24, 2016 at 5:39 am)pocaracas Wrote: Well... this was a nasty surprise...
Did anyone want some actual stats?

Yeah in the USA all the young people are fucking things up by voting for Sanders and 3rd party - in the UK all the old people are fucking things up by voting from experience. You just can't win, can you?

Oh and FYI, the numbers you posted are based either on surveys or exit polls, not on the actual referendum. So they're not actual stats and they show a bias.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
(June 24, 2016 at 7:58 am)Aractus Wrote:

Yeah in the USA all the young people are fucking things up by voting for Sanders and 3rd party - in the UK all the old people are fucking things up by voting from experience. You just can't win, can you?

Oh and FYI, the numbers you posted are based either on surveys or exit polls, not on the actual referendum.

Here I thought it was the old people in the US who were voting for Trump that were about to fuck things up.... Huh
(June 24, 2016 at 7:58 am)Aractus Wrote:

Oh and FYI, the numbers you posted are based either on surveys or exit polls, not on the actual referendum.

Well, Bernie just endorsed Hillary...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Actually he hasn't endorsed Hillary - not that I've seen, he's just said his "focus" is on defeating Trump and he says it without ever seeming to mention the syllable of 'clinton'.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
(June 24, 2016 at 7:53 am)madog Wrote:
(June 24, 2016 at 7:47 am)Bella Morte Wrote: Looks like I'm gonna become a scapegoat.

At least anything coming from the UK will be covered by the European Convention for the Protection of Human Rights (ECHR) now we are out, before, rules could be made by the EU that is not bound by the ECHR, other than self regulation which is a joke ...

You do realise that one of the things that insensed the Brexiteers was that the UK has to follow the ECHR. Even before the referendum was announced the tory party wanted to renounce the ECHR and replace it with a british bill of rights which said "fuck you peons. Your only right is to have our boots smashing your faces, forever".

What I can't understand about many of the outs is that they are willing to vote with a mafia cabal who want to implement everything the outs are against. Want the NHS, sorry Brexiteers are selling it off. Want to renationalise trains, sorry they've all being sold to China and we're paying them half our tax revenues now. Want an end to trident, sorry we've got nothing else left tk get into a dick waving contest with. Want to put manners on the banks, sorry they fund us. Want workers rights, sorry plebs don't deserve rights. Want to end immigration, sorry slave labour is too profitable.

As the Manics once sang "if you tolerate this, then your children will be next".
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Let's talk Parental Leave Cecelia 10 1217 October 17, 2021 at 8:25 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  Scotland could leave the UK, and join Canada instead, says author Isis 21 7858 April 8, 2017 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Merkel will pay migrants to leave Germany account_inactive 26 5278 February 12, 2017 at 3:28 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Hey Tim. Leave The God Shit to the Repulbicunts Minimalist 12 2693 October 4, 2016 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  EU: Should the UK Leave or Stay? Napoléon 255 26448 May 4, 2016 at 4:00 am
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace
  Ben Carson Threatens to Leave GOP Minimalist 11 2464 December 11, 2015 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Far-right rioters leave trail of destruction in Polish capital kılıç_mehmet 39 9503 November 20, 2013 at 9:39 am
Last Post: EgoRaptor
  French troops to leave Afghanistan Something completely different 23 8662 November 20, 2012 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: Brakeman