Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 3:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UK to leave EU
RE: UK to leave EU
(June 24, 2016 at 11:04 am)madog Wrote:
(June 24, 2016 at 10:51 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Dodgy

Either you don't understand or you don't want to understand?  The devices that are used for other substances are not banned from advertising, but e cigarettes THE DEVICE is ....

The actual consequences is that non nicotine containing e cigarette devices, that is without nicotine are banned from advertisement .... By the way that is not off the top of my head, the MHRA have stated this ....

(16) ‘electronic cigarette’ means a product that can be used for consumption of nicotine-containing vapour via a mouth
piece, or any component of that product, including a cartridge, a tank and the device without cartridge or tank.
Electronic cigarettes can be disposable or refillable by means of a refill container and a tank, or rechargeable with
single use cartridges;

If you look at the EU wording and in particular "CAN" rather than "IS" or "is intended to be used" is a catch all  Dodgy

Yeeaah...I think I'm done with this non-issue. RIP your definition of freedom of speech, I guess.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(June 24, 2016 at 11:09 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote:
(June 24, 2016 at 11:04 am)madog Wrote: Either you don't understand or you don't want to understand?  The devices that are used for other substances are not banned from advertising, but e cigarettes THE DEVICE is ....

The actual consequences is that non nicotine containing e cigarette devices, that is without nicotine are banned from advertisement .... By the way that is not off the top of my head, the MHRA have stated this ....

(16) ‘electronic cigarette’ means a product that can be used for consumption of nicotine-containing vapour via a mouth
piece, or any component of that product, including a cartridge, a tank and the device without cartridge or tank.
Electronic cigarettes can be disposable or refillable by means of a refill container and a tank, or rechargeable with
single use cartridges;

If you look at the EU wording and in particular "CAN" rather than "IS" or "is intended to be used" is a catch all  Dodgy

Yeeaah...I think I'm done with this non-issue. RIP your definition of freedom of speech, I guess.

Good you were becoming boring ....
Religion is the top shelf of the supernatural supermarket ... Madog
(June 24, 2016 at 11:10 am)madog Wrote:
(June 24, 2016 at 11:09 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Yeeaah...I think I'm done with this non-issue. RIP your definition of freedom of speech, I guess.

Good you were becoming boring ....

For someone who used "christian minded" as an insult, you sure seem to have the air of denigrating superiority that some of them do.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(June 24, 2016 at 11:08 am)Whateverist the White Wrote:
(June 24, 2016 at 10:57 am)Kingpin Wrote: The system has flaws but I applaud the referendums that leave the decisions in the hand of the voters that are impacted as opposed to the representatives who "represent" themselves.

I wish I shared your optimism regarding the general electorate's ability to recognize their best interests amid the disinformation campaigns and fear mongering.

I wouldn't say I'm optimistic but I would prefer difficult decisions be left to the hands of the electorate and we educate ourselves.  Honestly neither (Referendum with fear campaigning, elected representative decision) is appealing but at least with a referendum vote we can blame ourselves.  To quote Shakespeare, "All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players."
We are not made happy by what we acquire but by what we appreciate.
Now that Cameron has resigned, what are the odds that Boris Johnson will be the new leader of the Conservative party and therefore Prime Minister? I've predicted that for several years now, but I never thought it would happen in this way. Boris is generally well-liked by his party, and he's just won a major political victory.
I'm with Robvalue on this one: I'm moving to Mars.
(June 24, 2016 at 11:13 am)Kingpin Wrote:
(June 24, 2016 at 11:08 am)Whateverist the White Wrote: I wish I shared your optimism regarding the general electorate's ability to recognize their best interests amid the disinformation campaigns and fear mongering.

I wouldn't say I'm optimistic but I would prefer difficult decisions be left to the hands of the electorate and we educate ourselves.  Honestly neither (Referendum with fear campaigning, elected representative decision) is appealing but at least with a referendum vote we can blame ourselves.  To quote Shakespeare, "All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players."

That sounds good, on paper...
But are you sure you want important decisions in the hands of the average person?
Do you know how efficient advertising is on the average person?
Whichever side pours more money in a campaign tends to win.
(June 24, 2016 at 11:12 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote:
(June 24, 2016 at 11:10 am)madog Wrote: Good you were becoming boring ....

For someone who used "christian minded" as an insult, you sure seem to have the air of denigrating superiority that some of them do.

I talked on an issue that I have a lot of knowledge on .... that doesn't make me right, but when someone raises objections as fact when they have no background information, I know they will add nothing to the issue  ....
Religion is the top shelf of the supernatural supermarket ... Madog
(June 24, 2016 at 11:16 am)Alasdair Ham Wrote: I'm with  Robvalue on this one: I'm moving to Mars.

Can I interest you in something closer?
*whisper* Portugal
(June 24, 2016 at 11:14 am)Tiberius Wrote: Now that Cameron has resigned, what are the odds that Boris Johnson will be the new leader of the Conservative party and therefore Prime Minister? I've predicted that for several years now, but I never thought it would happen in this way. Boris is generally well-liked by his party, and he's just won a major political victory.

Oh yeah, he's the next Conservative leader for sure.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Let's talk Parental Leave Cecelia 10 1075 October 17, 2021 at 8:25 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  Scotland could leave the UK, and join Canada instead, says author Isis 21 7480 April 8, 2017 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Merkel will pay migrants to leave Germany account_inactive 26 4905 February 12, 2017 at 3:28 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Hey Tim. Leave The God Shit to the Repulbicunts Minimalist 12 2521 October 4, 2016 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  EU: Should the UK Leave or Stay? Napoléon 255 23189 May 4, 2016 at 4:00 am
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace
  Ben Carson Threatens to Leave GOP Minimalist 11 2092 December 11, 2015 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Far-right rioters leave trail of destruction in Polish capital kılıç_mehmet 39 8828 November 20, 2013 at 9:39 am
Last Post: EgoRaptor
  French troops to leave Afghanistan Something completely different 23 8476 November 20, 2012 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: Brakeman