Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 12:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UK to leave EU
RE: UK to leave EU
(July 1, 2016 at 5:34 am)Bella Morte Wrote:
(July 1, 2016 at 5:20 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote: But hey - if you need to feel the consequences yourself, before you listen to people, who know better, then please - do carry on supporting Brexit... I mean - reheating rice. Tongue

I will continue to do both of those things, especially the Brexit part.

Jerkoff

Why would you carry on reheating rice? The scientific evidence says that it is a health risk regardless of whether you have been okay so far.

I really couldn't care less whether you keep supporting Brexit compared to this. I really hope you don't continue to endanger your health by reheating rice now that you know better Undecided

Be safe Pony Smile
(July 1, 2016 at 5:34 am)Bella Morte Wrote: I will continue to do both of those things, especially the Brexit part.

There never was a doubt in my mind, that you would. I can't make you smart. I just want you to remember my advice one day, while you're trying to decide which of your ends to point at the toilet... Wink
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(July 1, 2016 at 5:43 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote:
(July 1, 2016 at 5:34 am)Bella Morte Wrote: I will continue to do both of those things, especially the Brexit part.

There never was a doubt in my mind, that you would. I can't make you smart. I just want you to remember my advice one day, while you're trying to decide which of your ends to point at the toilet... Wink

Have a kudos for your efforts.
(July 1, 2016 at 5:41 am)Alasdair Ham Wrote:

Jerkoff

Why would you carry on reheating rice? The scientific evidence says that it is a health risk regardless of whether you have been okay so far.

I really couldn't care less whether you keep supporting Brexit compared to this. I really hope you don't continue to danger your health by reheating rice now that you know better Undecided

Be safe Pony Smile

Thank you Hammy.  Smile

I might just stop it, actually. Reheating rice that is.
(June 30, 2016 at 6:21 pm)Tiberius Wrote:
(June 30, 2016 at 6:03 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: I'm really surprised to be honest.

No point in reading newspapers anymore, and most news sites don't focus on a broad spectrum.

I subscribe to a bunch of news subreddits and that keeps me updated with both international news, as well as interesting stories from places I've never even heard of.

Reddit has been one massive circle jerk on the brexit topic.
(July 1, 2016 at 4:45 am)pocaracas Wrote: Too soon?

[Image: 840024601f2d013479d5005056a9545d]

I object.

No one would ever say "I was right tired of them bleedin' brown-skinned immigrants, innit?"

'innit' is short for isn't it and normally used in as a rhetorical question which therefore does not require a question mark at the end of the sentence. e.g.

"Fackin' shite innit"

... which can be translated as "I deem it to be extremely poor" to express one's dissatisfaction of a specific situation, state or of one's current predicament.

Instead of 'innit' the equivalent shortening of "wasn't I" should be used. It's not generally known how to spell this but assuming a phonetic spelling it could be considered as 'waan-i", the T of course being absent due to the glottal stop. The word "aren't I" can also be shortened in this way.

"bleedin'" is falling out of popular use, mainly to be found in the vernacular of the baby boomer generation who still identify as working class and have been raised not to swear. Or it can be used when the speaker has already used the word "fackin'" and is not actually angry enough to use it twice in the same sentence. Using the word "fackin'" twice in the same sentence when one is not angry just shows oneself to be linguistically clumsy and coarse.

'brown-skinned' is too revealing of one's racist tendencies and is best substituted with references to specific nationalities, such as 'chinky' or 'paki'. Or can be dropped entirely using just the word 'immigrant' on its own knowing that everyone else will implicitly understand that you are referring to people of a different skin colour, regardless of whether they actually are immigrants.

So the correct usage of this sentence should be:

"I was right tired of them fackin' immigrants waan-i".
(July 1, 2016 at 8:09 am)Napoléon Wrote: Reddit has been one massive circle jerk on the brexit topic.

Fixed that for you. Wink
(July 1, 2016 at 9:32 am)Mathilda Wrote: I object.

No one would ever say "I was right tired of them bleedin' brown-skinned immigrants, innit?"

'innit' is short for isn't it and normally used in as a rhetorical question which therefore does not require a question mark at the end of the sentence. e.g.

"Fackin' shite innit"

... which can be translated as "I deem it to be extremely poor" to express one's dissatisfaction of a specific situation, state or of one's current predicament.

Instead of 'innit' the equivalent shortening of "wasn't I" should be used. It's not generally known how to spell this but assuming a phonetic spelling it could be considered as 'waan-i", the T of course being absent due to the glottal stop. The word "aren't I" can also be shorted in this way.

"bleedin'" is falling out of popular use, mainly to be found in the vernacular of the baby boomer generation who still identify as working class and have been raised not to swear. Or it can be used when the speaker has already used the word "fackin'" and is not actually angry enough to use it twice in the same sentence. Using the word "fackin'" twice in the same sentence when one is not angry just shows oneself to be linguistically clumsy and coarse.

'brown-skinned' is too revealing of one's racist tendencies and is best substituted with references to specific nationalities, such as 'chinky' or 'paki'. Or can be dropped entirely using just the word 'immigrant' on its own knowing that everyone else will implicitly understand that you are referring to people of a different skin colour, regardless of whether they actually are immigrants.

So the correct usage of this sentence should be:

"I was right tired of them fackin' immigrants waan-i".

but... aren't those baby boomers the ones mostly responsible for the winning of the "Leave" position?
I am unaware of a point in time where Reddit wasn't a massive circle jerk.

Well if you are sceptical of the advice about rice you can always do an experiment.

Cook plain rice then let it cool down to room temperature.

Then wait a period of time before reheating it and eating it.

Make a note of how long it stayed at room temperature and keep track of how you feel in the hours afterwards and the following day.

If you don't feel ill then repeat the experiment but leave the rice sitting at room temperature for a little bit longer. The first time you feel queasy (or downright ill), pause the experiment, get better and then repeat to see whether it is reproducible or a false positive.

This will tell you how long you are able to risk leaving rice at room temperature and continue to convince yourself that you shouldn't be listening to experts but rather go by your own gut feeling.

Do this at your own risk. Author is not held liable for giving out bad advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Let's talk Parental Leave Cecelia 10 1075 October 17, 2021 at 8:25 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  Scotland could leave the UK, and join Canada instead, says author Isis 21 7480 April 8, 2017 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Merkel will pay migrants to leave Germany account_inactive 26 4905 February 12, 2017 at 3:28 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Hey Tim. Leave The God Shit to the Repulbicunts Minimalist 12 2521 October 4, 2016 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  EU: Should the UK Leave or Stay? Napoléon 255 23189 May 4, 2016 at 4:00 am
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace
  Ben Carson Threatens to Leave GOP Minimalist 11 2092 December 11, 2015 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Far-right rioters leave trail of destruction in Polish capital kılıç_mehmet 39 8828 November 20, 2013 at 9:39 am
Last Post: EgoRaptor
  French troops to leave Afghanistan Something completely different 23 8476 November 20, 2012 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: Brakeman