Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 7:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UK to leave EU
RE: UK to leave EU
(July 20, 2016 at 3:53 pm)Napoléon Wrote:
(July 20, 2016 at 2:31 pm)Tiberius Wrote: This referendum was really badly timed. Britain had a once in 14 year chance to take the reigns of the Council of the EU, where they could have at least tried to get some policy changes in, and they blew it.

Perhaps if the EU wasn't so unresponsive to calls for reform and renegotiation of terms of involvement people wouldn't have voted the way they did.

The Tories were demanding far too much. And it was good that the EU told them to fuck off. I don't want the Tories trying to wriggle out of denying me my rights as a worker to have a modicum of job stability and work life balance. Do you actually know what the Tories were trying to get rid of? Do you even care? Or is it just generic red tape to you because that's what you have been told?

Do you think that red tape is like a natural waste product that just builds up over time through no reason? Regulations are put in place to protect us from the corporations who would sell out all our quality of lives to maximise their own profit margins.
(July 20, 2016 at 3:56 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Wasn't the EU -particularly- responsive to the concerns and interests of the UK, relative to other member states?

And if they had given in yet again the Tories would only have come back again demanding even more concessions.
(July 20, 2016 at 3:58 pm)Napoléon Wrote: Was it? What did Davey Cam get in his big 'deal' again? Remind me if you remember. 

While you're demanding other people remind you of things, why you don't you tell us what David Cameron was demanding and say whether you would be happy if he had succeeded.
(July 20, 2016 at 4:08 pm)Napoléon Wrote: The UK had a 'sweetheart spot'. Fucking lol, even remainers must scoff at this.

Bollocks. You're creating your own fantasy reality here.
(July 20, 2016 at 4:13 pm)Napoléon Wrote: Oh and just for reference on Dave's deal: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/...ually-got/

Not that the article you posted explains what the working time directive is:

Quote:In general the Working Time Regulations provide rights to: a limit of an average 48 hours a week on the hours a worker can be required to work, though individuals may choose to work longer by "opting out" paid annual leave of 5.6 weeks' a year. 11 consecutive hours' rest in any 24-hour period.

Basically David Cameron was demanding that bosses could force employees to work longer than 48 hours without giving them an option to opt out. In a land of zero hours contracts, and the Beecroft reports, just be glad that the EU turned him down.

Shows how biased the Telegraph is that they didn't mention you.
Did some background on that article from the Guardian....the pov expressed isn't even controversial.  That's the status of alot of ag land, not just in the UK - pretty much anywhere that;s seen persistent human habitation and cultivation.  That's why we dump fertility in row, then side dress under crop.

OFC public parks and lawns have a greater bank of remaining native fertility, we don't work them as hard, as often, as long. All that grass cutting without cropping is nothing more or less than a long fallow. It'd be gone in just a couple of seasons if we worked it half as hard, though.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Quote:We might be one of the biggest funders of the EU but we certainly have nowhere near the most influence.

Well that's a good thing, because if the EU distributed seats according to who gave the most money, I'd be right there with you saying it was an undemocratic organization.

In reality, seats are distributed according to population. The U.K. has the third most seats, because it is the third most populous country.

I still don't get how that's undemocratic. You vote for your representative the same way anyone else does. Just because your views aren't represented by the majority doesn't mean the process is undemocratic; rather it means your views are likely in the minority.
"The biggest founders" and the first to pussy out.
(July 20, 2016 at 5:27 pm)Mathilda Wrote: The Tories were demanding far too much. And it was good that the EU told them to fuck off. I don't want the Tories trying to wriggle out of denying me my rights as a worker to have a modicum of job stability and work life balance. Do you actually know what the Tories were trying to get rid of? Do you even care? Or is it just generic red tape to you because that's what you have been told?

Oh come on then name them. This should be interesting. Human rights act? We need that do we?

Quote:Do you think that red tape is like a natural waste product that just builds up over time through no reason? Regulations are put in place to protect us from the corporations who would sell out all our quality of lives to maximise their own profit margins.

Please don't lecture me on the EU being the harbinger of not selling out to corporations when the current EU commissioner was president of one of the biggest tax havens in the world and did nothing at all to change it.
(July 20, 2016 at 5:29 pm)Mathilda Wrote: While you're demanding other people remind you of things, why you don't you tell us what David Cameron was demanding and say whether you would be happy if he had succeeded.

Did you see the article I quoted?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Let's talk Parental Leave Cecelia 10 1075 October 17, 2021 at 8:25 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  Scotland could leave the UK, and join Canada instead, says author Isis 21 7480 April 8, 2017 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Merkel will pay migrants to leave Germany account_inactive 26 4905 February 12, 2017 at 3:28 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Hey Tim. Leave The God Shit to the Repulbicunts Minimalist 12 2521 October 4, 2016 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  EU: Should the UK Leave or Stay? Napoléon 255 23190 May 4, 2016 at 4:00 am
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace
  Ben Carson Threatens to Leave GOP Minimalist 11 2092 December 11, 2015 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Far-right rioters leave trail of destruction in Polish capital kılıç_mehmet 39 8828 November 20, 2013 at 9:39 am
Last Post: EgoRaptor
  French troops to leave Afghanistan Something completely different 23 8476 November 20, 2012 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: Brakeman