Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 8, 2024, 7:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm not afraid of terrorism, are you?
RE: I'm not afraid of terrorism, are you?
(July 23, 2016 at 7:15 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote:
(July 23, 2016 at 7:14 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I wouldn't say I'm 'afraid' of terrorism, exactly (and I've lived through several instances of it).  What I am is concerned over how the threat of terrorism leads people in authority to make idiotic decisions, and leads the populous to cast idiotic votes.

I suppose you might say I have a fear of the fear of terrorism.

Boru

You've lived through several. Really.

Pretty sure he has.
(July 23, 2016 at 7:13 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: I'd get offended if I didn't know your worldview to be so utterly simplistic I can't blame you for such a response.

Come again if you got family members who were once forced into being refugees, while most of your extended family got killed. Otherwise, be assured of my heartfelt contempt. And I don't give half a shit if you feel offended or not, since people expressing views like that, from the safety of their home, with a well filled belly, are just a sad excuse for a human being.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(July 23, 2016 at 7:17 pm)Bella Morte Wrote:
(July 23, 2016 at 7:15 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: You've lived through several. Really.

Pretty sure he has.

How come?

If we're going by the statistics, that's extremely unlikely. I'd just like to hear more about it.
(July 23, 2016 at 7:18 pm)abaris Wrote:
(July 23, 2016 at 7:13 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: I'd get offended if I didn't know your worldview to be so utterly simplistic I can't blame you for such a response.

Come again if you got family members who were once forced into being refugees, while most of your extended family got killed. Otherwise, be assured of my heartfelt contempt. And I don't give half a shit if you feel offended or not, since people expressing views like that, from the safety of their home, with a well filled belly, are just a sad excuse for a human being.

Not an argument, sorry. Like I said, I've got nothing against you, but your views are incredibly simplistic and transparent. Your heart's in the right place though, as you so often like to point out yourself. Alas, hearts are not as effective as minds in this world.
(July 23, 2016 at 7:18 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote:
(July 23, 2016 at 7:17 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: Pretty sure he has.

How come?

If we're going by the statistics, that's extremely unlikely. I'd just like to hear more about it.

I came of age in Northern Ireland in the 1980s. Terrorism was pretty hard to avoid.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(July 23, 2016 at 7:22 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(July 23, 2016 at 7:18 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: How come?

I came of age in Northern Ireland in the 1980s.  Terrorism was pretty hard to avoid.

Boru

Oh, I see.
It shouldn't be our obligation to take in migrants, but we could do something more for them closer to home. Send more food and medical aid.

TL;DR I believe everyone should help their citizens first.
(July 23, 2016 at 7:22 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(July 23, 2016 at 7:18 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: How come?

I came of age in Northern Ireland in the 1980s.  Terrorism was pretty hard to avoid.

Boru

Do you ever visit NI these days?
Do you really think anyone of us doesn't have experiences with terrorism, growing up in Europe during the 70ies and 80ies? Grow up, man.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(July 23, 2016 at 7:25 pm)abaris Wrote: Do you really think anyone of us doesn't have experiences with terrorism, growing up in Europe during the 70ies and 80ies? Grow up, man.

What's your experiences with terrorism?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New mind about terrorism: useful terrorism A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c 11 1353 December 4, 2017 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  terrorism xpastor 40 4925 December 3, 2014 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Las Vegas shooting = Tea Party terrorism Ryantology 28 10317 June 22, 2014 at 10:02 am
Last Post: Ryantology