Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 11, 2024, 2:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question's for God.
RE: Question's for God.
There have been many many threads about this. It's a valid question. My personal answer would be that God allows us to live in this natural world in all its ways without His constant supernatural intervention. I think if He were to intervene every time something bad would happen to someone, it would get to the point where we wouldn't be fully humans anymore, just puppets without purpose and without the ability to learn, love, and feel emotions.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Questions for God:

Hello, fellow life-form.  Based on our current development as a species (humanity has yet to fully embrace and love itself), I’m not surprised that other life-forms have failed to pay humans a visit.  However, why have you not chosen to enjoy our hospitality? Have humans made you uncomfortable by labeling you as they please and confining you to a particular function in our reality?  Regardless of whether this is or is not the case, I would like to assure you that not all people force their normalcy onto others.  Some people really do want to understand difference and learn something new, so we can grow beyond ourselves and join a larger interstellar community of good will, curiosity, acceptance, and peaceful coexistence. In the spirit of friendship, would you be willing to engage in a constructive and collaborative dialog with myself and others who are willing to keep an open mind, so that we can bridge our differences and clarify any misunderstandings? Respectfully yours.  The Kernel.

(September 9, 2016 at 2:02 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: There have been many many threads about this. It's a valid question. My personal answer would be that God allows us to live in this natural world in all its ways without His constant supernatural intervention. I think if He were to intervene every time something bad would happen to someone, it would get to the point where we wouldn't be fully humans anymore, just puppets without purpose and without the ability to learn, love, and feel emotions.

How come there was constant super natural convention before the invention of the camera?
Or proper historical documentation?
Or advances in science?

We would be humans.
We would be able to love and care.
Just not hurt.

And If god was all knowing and all powerful...
Couldn't he just devise a plan to make it so there would be no evil but in a way without affecting free will?
He should be able to.

And why should god make humans.
How are we his best creation.

He's fucking god for Christ's sake (literally).
He could make something infinitely awesome minus one just below him.
And he would be able to break math.
Cuz he is gawd.

(September 9, 2016 at 2:15 pm)Kernel Sohcahtoa Wrote: Questions for God:

Hello, fellow life-form.  Based on our current development as a species (humanity has yet to fully embrace and love itself), I’m not surprised that other life-forms have failed to pay us a visit.  However, why have you not chosen to enjoy our hospitality? Have humans made you uncomfortable by labeling you as they please and confining you to a particular function in our reality?  Regardless of whether this is or is not the case, I would like to assure you that not all people force their normalcy onto others.  Some of us really do want to understand difference and learn something new, so we can grow beyond ourselves and join a larger interstellar community of good will, curiosity, acceptance, and peaceful coexistence. In the spirit of friendship, would you be willing to engage with us in a constructive and collaborative dialog, so that we can bridge our differences and clarify any misunderstandings? Respectfully yours.  The Kernel.

I'm human. I need that label so when aliens come they can easily identify me.
You're human too. I'll call you whatever you want because I respect you.
But humans have little hospitality, expect
for the few sane people out there...
Like Madame Curie, who sacrificed more than Jesus.

Alot of people force their normalcy sadly.

And who is "us"?

(September 9, 2016 at 2:24 pm)ScienceAf Wrote:
(September 9, 2016 at 2:02 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: There have been many many threads about this. It's a valid question. My personal answer would be that God allows us to live in this natural world in all its ways without His constant supernatural intervention. I think if He were to intervene every time something bad would happen to someone, it would get to the point where we wouldn't be fully humans anymore, just puppets without purpose and without the ability to learn, love, and feel emotions.

How come there was constant super natural convention before the invention of the camera?
Or advances in science?

We would be humans.
Just not hurt.

Couldn't he just devise a plan to make it so there would be no evil but in a way without affecting free will?
He should be able to.

Cuz he is gawd.

It's sort of along the lines of, can there be real joy, and understanding and appreciation of that joy, without there being sadness? Can there be pleasure without pain? Can there be love without hate? What would be the point of having the free will to do something loving for another without the free will to do something unloving to that person? Even if that unloving thing is merely neglect? 

Unlike many Christians out there, I don't necessarily believe everything that happens happens "for a reason" or as part of some master plan. In the grand scheme of things, yes, but not necessarily for specific, individual scenarios. 

This belief of mine was put to the test recently when I lost my first (and only) child, who's heart stopped beating inside my womb when I was almost 6 months pregnant. It was an extremely hard pregnancy in which I had non stop sickness the whole time, had to put many things on hold, and even battled some depression for the first time in my life. ...All that, only to have it end in the stillbirth of my baby. 

I wanted to think there was a "reason" for it, or that God specifically had a plan for me and "did" this to me on purpose for some reason. But I can't and won't bring myself to believe that's the case. Rather, I think God just allows nature to take its coarse. These things just happen sometimes. People die, even babies. It's very very sad for us, but at the end of the day it's part of life and part of how our world works. God wasn't trying to test me or to teach me a lesson. The only "grand plan" God has in this is that we eventually move on to the next life. So it is with everything else, I think.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(September 9, 2016 at 2:59 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(September 9, 2016 at 2:24 pm)ScienceAf Wrote: How come there was constant super natural convention before the invention of the camera?
Or advances in science?

We would be humans.
Just not hurt.

He should be able to.

Cuz he is gawd.

It's sort of along the lines of, can there be real joy, and understanding and appreciation of that joy, without there being sadness? Can there be pleasure without pain? Can there be love without hate? What would be the point of having the free will to do something loving for another without the free will to do something unloving to that person? Even if that unloving thing is merely neglect? 

Unlike many Christians out there, I don't necessarily believe everything that happens happens "for a reason" or as part of some master plan. In the grand scheme of things, yes, but not necessarily for specific, individual scenarios. 

This belief of mine was put to the test recently when I lost my first (and only) child, who's heart stopped beating inside my womb when I was almost 6 months pregnant. It was an extremely hard pregnancy in which I had non stop sickness the whole time, had to put many things on hold, and even battled some depression for the first time in my life. ...All that, only to have it end in the stillbirth of my baby. 

I wanted to think there was a "reason" for it, or that God specifically had a plan for me and "did" this to me on purpose for some reason. But I can't and won't bring myself to believe that's the case. Rather, I think God just allows nature to take its coarse. These things just happen sometimes. People die, even babies. It's very very sad for us, but at the end of the day it's part of life and part of how our world works. God wasn't trying to test me or to teach me a lesson. The only "grand plan" God has in this is that we eventually move on to the next life. So it is with everything else, I think.

But shouldn't god be able to create pleasure without pain?
He's all powerful and knowing so he can create it if he was there.
And denying us that would be very immoral.
Like denying a human freedom.

Your beliefs make sense (more than others) but I still don't understand why god would allow pain and sadness when he could do something about it.
If you had the choice to save someone dying in front of you, but you didn't...
What would that say about you?
Even if the person is evil... (there is a limit in our moral standards) and hurt people but can rehabilitated, why not?
People like Osama Bin Laden should burn forever...
But what about people who don't believe?
Succumb to lust (consensual and under the law)?
Drink abit of beer or get high?
Or if their gay?
Or polygamous (with consent)?

What about them?

Sadly, things happen and we can't do anything about it.
But god should.
I would have had a older sister or brother but he or she died in my mum's womb at one month.
Well, I consider her a sister because I always wanted one.

But either way, even if god doesn't have a master plan (like you believe, overall), what difference does it make when it comes to people dying everyday in pain and suffering.
He can do something about it.
If he can't he's not all powerful.
If he's not going to do it and he's not all powerful...

Then why call him god?

Thank you for your feedback, Scienceaf.  I have tried to be more specific and replaced the term 'us'. By including myself with others who have an open mind, I do not intend to be arrogant.  I'm merely acknowledging that I'm dedicated to peacemaking and constructive conflict resolution.  Naturally, there are far better and more knowledgeable people than myself, so I'd hope they'd join me and help facilitate that dialog.  

@Catholic lady. 

Even though I'm some Joe you'll probably never meet IRL, I'm nevertheless very sorry for your loss.  Your post was very intelligent and reflective.  Thanks for sharing your wisdom and insights.  Peace and long life.

(September 9, 2016 at 3:27 pm)Kernel Sohcahtoa Wrote: Thank you for your feedback, Scienceaf.  I have tried to be more specific and replaced the term 'us'. 

@Catholic lady. 

Even though I'm some Joe you'll probably never meet IRL, I'm nevertheless very sorry for your loss.  Your post was very intelligent and reflective.  Thanks for sharing your wisdom and insights.  Peace and long life.

Well, thank you for the edit.

(September 9, 2016 at 12:19 pm)ScienceAf Wrote:
(September 9, 2016 at 10:04 am)iLittle Rik Wrote: Read

That to explain you that as nothing stay the same also the consciousness doesn't stay the same ever.

You keep on talking about the physical aspect of the evolution.
It never come in your mind that the physical is driven by the mind-consciousness aspect?
By the way this sort of thinking is one of the worse aspect of the atheistic way of thinking.
According most atheists what we are is not due to our own effort in previous lives.
Is instead due to what we inherited from previous generation.
This is stone age thinking son.

A lot of guessing boy.
But as the old granny said.......sometime fantasize keep us alive.  Wink

It all depend boy.
To be smart you got to struggle a lot.

People die due to their own stupidity in this or in previous lives.
Nothing to do with God.
God give you the free will to prosper or to end up (down) in the sewer.
He-she also give you the possibility to get out the sewer by learning how to live.

Nobody force you to read my post.
If you don't like them move to a different forum or thread. Lightbulb

Continue doing so boy.
One day you will sort out all your problems.  Indubitably

Thanks.  Rolleyes

Consciousness is not something divine or spiritual. As our brains become more complex (only physically, there's nothing else) over time our consciousness grows. It's not like my kids will have a greater mental capacity (they could, but not due to evolution from me) it's going to take generations.

Fix your grammar; I can't fucking read it.

And show me some evidence that our physicality is based on our mind-consciousness (which couldn't have existed without our physicality).

"Stone age thinking.", Hold the fuck up dik. I? Use stone age thinking?
LMAFOOOOOOO

This has to be a troll.
Either way, the idea that there is a magical sky daddy ruling over us is non-scientific, and fucking stupid.
It's also archaic, so yeah.

And "According to most atheists,"...
Stop generalizing you dumbass.

And that's not true either, show me a survey.
And I'm not every atheist.
And only some of our actions in the present are hereditary (evolutionary).

Quote:A lot of guessing boy.

But as the old granny said.......sometime fantasize keep us alive.  Wink

Holy shit...

Do you know how many atoms are in a human body, do you know how many atoms are in your fucking toe nail?
I'm not guessing, or fantasizing. My body will decompose in the soil, and bacteria will feed upon it, releasing energy into the Earth, and conserving energy.

Again, like I said, the law of the conservation of mass and energy.

And to be smart you don't have to struggle.
Who struggled more...
Elon Musk? or Frederick Douglass?

Thought so.

And it may not be gods fault. It's that he doesn't help out.
If he gave us a cure, it would be up to us to use it wisely.
It's not affecting our will in anyway.

It's just lending a helping hand.
Like Harriet Tubman (who struggled, and was not smart, but a hero).

Yes, so your like the devil.
Whisper into my ear, give me a choice to listen or to not.
I don't have to but I do.
So you are the devil, and I am the sinner.

Explain to me why you believe in god?
Please?
Just gimme something that will convert me instantly. Or make me question.

Even if I do convert, I won't like this "god" for billions are dead, when he could have helped...
Read my signature.

Die is surely a big deal for those that believe in only one life.
For those like me that believe in reincarnation and a goal of life death is not a big deal unless
somebody torture me to death or I die in a violent way.
In that case I wouldn't like even if I know that that is not the end of myself (the real I).
Most atheists (this is not a generalization because this is what I see in here) think badly of a God
on the bases that God doesn't care if million of people die in a terrible way.
According to atheism there is no reincarnation nor karma so dying in a brutal way with a God that doesn't do anything to stop all this doesn't make sense and God is some sort of a bastard.

I probably would think along those lines myself if that is the case but I don't because I know that reincarnation is there the karma law is there and free will is there for all of us to progress or end down in the sewer.
One day if you will ever become a father you will have to give your grown up kids the freedom to do what they like in the good or the bad as now your father as you grow up is giving you more and more freedom to do what you like even if he may not agree with your choices.
That is how the system works boy.
At the end you will be the sole responsible for your actions.
Your father can not be blamed for your stupidity and so God as a father.  Lightbulb
(September 10, 2016 at 9:43 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(September 9, 2016 at 12:19 pm)ScienceAf Wrote: Consciousness is not something divine or spiritual. As our brains become more complex (only physically, there's nothing else) over time our consciousness grows. It's not like my kids will have a greater mental capacity (they could, but not due to evolution from me) it's going to take generations.

Fix your grammar; I can't fucking read it.

And show me some evidence that our physicality is based on our mind-consciousness (which couldn't have existed without our physicality).

"Stone age thinking.", Hold the fuck up dik. I? Use stone age thinking?
LMAFOOOOOOO

This has to be a troll.
Either way, the idea that there is a magical sky daddy ruling over us is non-scientific, and fucking stupid.
It's also archaic, so yeah.

And "According to most atheists,"...
Stop generalizing you dumbass.

And that's not true either, show me a survey.
And I'm not every atheist.
And only some of our actions in the present are hereditary (evolutionary).

Holy shit...

Do you know how many atoms are in a human body, do you know how many atoms are in your fucking toe nail?
I'm not guessing, or fantasizing. My body will decompose in the soil, and bacteria will feed upon it, releasing energy into the Earth, and conserving energy.

Again, like I said, the law of the conservation of mass and energy.

And to be smart you don't have to struggle.
Who struggled more...
Elon Musk? or Frederick Douglass?

Thought so.

And it may not be gods fault. It's that he doesn't help out.
If he gave us a cure, it would be up to us to use it wisely.
It's not affecting our will in anyway.

It's just lending a helping hand.
Like Harriet Tubman (who struggled, and was not smart, but a hero).

Yes, so your like the devil.
Whisper into my ear, give me a choice to listen or to not.
I don't have to but I do.
So you are the devil, and I am the sinner.

Explain to me why you believe in god?
Please?
Just gimme something that will convert me instantly. Or make me question.

Even if I do convert, I won't like this "god" for billions are dead, when he could have helped...
Read my signature.

Die is surely a big deal for those that believe in only one life.
For those like me that believe in reincarnation and a goal of life death is not a big deal unless
somebody torture me to death or I die in a violent way.
In that case I wouldn't like even if I know that that is not the end of myself (the real I).
Most atheists (this is not a generalization because this is what I see in here) think badly of a God
on the bases that God doesn't care if million of people die in a terrible way.
According to atheism there is no reincarnation nor karma so dying in a brutal way with a God that doesn't do anything to stop all this doesn't make sense and God is some sort of a bastard.

I probably would think along those lines myself if that is the case but I don't because I know that reincarnation is there the karma law is there and free will is there for all of us to progress or end down in the sewer.
One day if you will ever become a father you will have to give your grown up kids the freedom to do what they like in the good or the bad as now your father as you grow up is giving you more and more freedom to do what you like even if he may not agree with your choices.
That is how the system works boy.
At the end you will be the sole responsible for your actions.
Your father can not be blamed for your stupidity and so God as a father.  Lightbulb

I already said stupidity is not hereditary.
And if I die that's that. I prefer to live but when I'm dead does it really affect anyone?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  There is no doubt a god, the question is what is it? Mystic 144 17667 April 11, 2017 at 10:49 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  A simple God question if I may. ignoramus 28 5760 February 17, 2017 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Lek
  Question from my friend about existence of God timbangu 33 8260 November 3, 2015 at 2:38 am
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Question for Theists: The Proble with Thanking God Rhondazvous 43 9311 October 25, 2015 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 20339 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  If you have a question about god, ask an atheist Rokcet Scientist 34 8980 June 5, 2011 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Napoléon