Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 28, 2024, 12:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evolution in action.
RE: Evolution in action.
(September 16, 2016 at 12:23 am)ApeNotKillApe Wrote: "Man ape" is redundant.

Well, half minded man, half minded ape.
Man ape.
Then splits into ape and then a man

(September 25, 2016 at 7:59 pm)ScienceAf Wrote:
(September 16, 2016 at 12:23 am)ApeNotKillApe Wrote: "Man ape" is redundant.

Well, half minded man, half minded ape.
Man ape.
Then splits into ape and then a man

"Half man, half ape" is like a half trout, half fish.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
You've never been to the chip shop by me, I see.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(September 25, 2016 at 5:32 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(September 25, 2016 at 5:29 pm)Tazzycorn Wrote: No, based on arkilogue's deep ignorance of science, and his own words (where he flat out made out that electromagnetism did work differently, and then about three weeks later denied he said so), that is a perfectly accurate reading of him.

I'm not seeing fundamentalist religiosity of any stripe from him. His woo and tinfoilery bugs hell out of me sometimes, but fundamentalist Christian?

I don't think that term means what you think it means, clearly.

His religious position on his profile page is a greek word beloved by fundies, being used in the bible twice both times in John's description of the crucifixion. And John is the fundies gospel (being the most antisemitic one, and the one that has Jebus claiming divinity).
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(September 26, 2016 at 4:35 am)Tazzycorn Wrote:
(September 25, 2016 at 5:32 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I'm not seeing fundamentalist religiosity of any stripe from him. His woo and tinfoilery bugs hell out of me sometimes, but fundamentalist Christian?

I don't think that term means what you think it means, clearly.

His religious position on his profile page is a greek word beloved by fundies, being used in the bible twice both times in John's description of the crucifixion. And John is the fundies gospel (being the most antisemitic one, and the one that has Jebus claiming divinity).

His behavior isn't fundamentalist. His posting is not fundamentalist. He describes himself in his profile as "mystic", which is a far cry from "fundamentalist", and there's nary a mention of Christianity there.

Surely you've got a better reason for this, right? Because right now it looks like he's a wooist, not a fundie.

You called him Christian fundamentalist. Aside from etymology inferred above

Hmm, didn't realize the last bit of my post got lopped. Forgive the screw-up, but to finish the thought --

Aside from etymology inferred above, do you have any actual posts indicating he's a fundamentalist Christian?

The only reason I'm going on like this is that as an atheist, I detest it when a believer comes aboard and proceeds to tell me what I think, and believe, and don't believe. For you to do this to Ark when you are going only by etymology seems very similar.

(September 25, 2016 at 9:47 pm)Stimbo Wrote: You've never been to the chip shop by me, I see.

Pretty girls out walking with Gorillas down your street eh Stim. (slid in so I can mention that my sister used to go out with Joe Jacksons brother).

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(September 26, 2016 at 12:11 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Hmm, didn't realize the last bit of my post got lopped. Forgive the screw-up, but to finish the thought --

Aside from etymology inferred above, do you have any actual posts indicating he's a fundamentalist Christian?

The only reason I'm going on like this is that as an atheist, I detest it when a believer comes aboard and proceeds to tell me what I think, and believe, and don't believe. For you to do this to Ark when you are going only by etymology seems very similar.

I believe he's already confessed to being a Christian. The remaining question is whether or not he's a fundamentalist. I must say, personally, I find that idea to be a stretch.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I know he's a theist, and got no problem with that, no matter his particular brand. I suppose I missed the part where he said he was Christian, but maybe he'll clarify.

Or maybe the rooster will crow thrice, who knows? Smile

It would be rude of me to leave you all guessing! Hehe

I believe Jesus demonstrated the way to Inheritance and Sons-ship, as others have done before him and others will do afterwards.

His last prayer was for all believers to be one with the Father as he was.

I also believe that life was one of a great many lives for a being that was established complete and whole, at the very beginning of universal expansion. And was the same being as Re/Ra in an Egyptian lifetime. The story of Jesus is far older than Jesus.
"Leave it to me to find a way to be,
Consider me a satellite forever orbiting,
I knew the rules but the rules did not know me, guaranteed." - Eddie Vedder

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intelligent design type evolution vs naturalism type evolution. Mystic 59 30888 April 6, 2013 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Evolution in action Phil 105 33301 May 8, 2012 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: ElDinero
  Evolution in Action- Revealed! Erinome 25 11008 January 27, 2012 at 3:13 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Evolution in Action Minimalist 12 4171 September 13, 2010 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: TheDarkestOfAngels
  Evolution in action? Octopus using a tool. Oldandeasilyconfused 30 12018 January 5, 2010 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet